Notices

Old 1st November 2015, 08:40   #88331
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Morning, glorious sunshine here, bit cool.
Good morning Steve I hope that your night sleep was a better one
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2015, 08:41   #88332
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney bear View Post
Thanks gents, I've run out of my thanks button for the day To top off our weekend she has just broken a tooth whilst eating her breakfast It usually comes in 3s luck like this, so expect something horrendous from me later
Friday the 13th is coming up soon so watch out Tony
Old 1st November 2015, 08:43   #88333
stevenicks
This is my second home

MG ZT 180 Auto / Rover 75 2.0 Diesel

Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrush View Post
Good morning Steve I can handle driving in the Snow but fog is some thing else ,when you get idiots belting pass you on the motorway when I can't see far ahead and I know that they can't either
Also, if you are driving any reasonable distance it can be very tireing due to the extra concentration required and being aware of the idiots you mention

Steve
stevenicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2015, 08:44   #88334
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney bear View Post
Thanks gents, I've run out of my thanks button for the day To top off our weekend she has just broken a tooth whilst eating her breakfast It usually comes in 3s luck like this, so expect something horrendous from me later
Good morning Tony the little one has been in the wars I hope that she is feeling a little better this morning
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2015, 09:17   #88335
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all. Real foggy here this morning.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2015, 09:26   #88336
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Morning al, been lurking in the shadows reading for about half an hour.
Tony, I can sympathise with Sophie's fractured elbow,I have done mine ,both about twice when I was a kid,no cast,but had to have it in a sling for 4 weeks.
Have had several other broken bones over the years,through climbing trees playing with motorbikes,falling off ladders.
Let me think now, both elbows ,two fractures on one,and one fracture,1 dislocation on the other,both wrists, 1 torn ligaments in knee, 1 heel,1 ankle,1 spine. ,2 fingers.
Old 1st November 2015, 09:29   #88337
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Fogs gone here too. Its cold, but I'm snuggled up with the cat next to me under the duvet. He's just so cute!

Tony sorry to here about Sophie's woes, breaks are painful business as I've broken my wrist, knee cap and rib before as well as most of my fingers (hospital can't do much with the fingers mind), and it was one of the most painful things I've done to myself, bar shutting my finger in the door and having my nail fall off.

Bones tend to heal faster with little ones as I know because most of my mishaps were done as a child, just call me clumsy.

Last edited by maxxpump; 1st November 2015 at 09:37..
maxxpump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2015, 09:46   #88338
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxpump View Post
Fogs gone here too. Its cold, but I'm snuggled up with the cat next to me under the duvet. He's just so cute!

Tony sorry to here about Sophie's woes, breaks are painful business as I've broken my wrist, knee cap and rib before as well as most of my fingers (hospital can't do much with the fingers mind), and it was one of the most painful things I've done to myself, bar shutting my finger in the door and having my nail fall off.
I broke two fingers about 9 years ago Stuart,I was working on the wife's 214, and I walked down the drive tripped over the extension lead,and fell against the wrought iron gate,which was ajar,and opens to the right,my right hand grabbed the hinge side,and the left hand grabbed the catch side with the weight of me pushing the gate open,and thus closing the gap at the hinge.Result was 2 crushed fingers, I had to have surgery on one,to straighten it out,and have a skin graft,as the cut was so deep, if it had been allowed to heal naturally,I would have been left with a bent finger,so they had to cut the length of my finger on one side and a v shape at the bottom where the callouses form,and stretch the skin,then stitch it. That was the most painful,break I ever had.
Old 1st November 2015, 10:08   #88339
freck
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT Connie Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
I broke two fingers about 9 years ago Stuart,I was working on the wife's 214, and I walked down the drive tripped over the extension lead,and fell against the wrought iron gate,which was ajar,and opens to the right,my right hand grabbed the hinge side,and the left hand grabbed the catch side with the weight of me pushing the gate open,and thus closing the gap at the hinge.Result was 2 crushed fingers, I had to have surgery on one,to straighten it out,and have a skin graft,as the cut was so deep, if it had been allowed to heal naturally,I would have been left with a bent finger,so they had to cut the length of my finger on one side and a v shape at the bottom where the callouses form,and stretch the skin,then stitch it. That was the most painful,break I ever had.
Ooh, that sounds nasty
I'm just recovering from a few breaks after being knocked off my motorbike by a young lad in a Citroen Saxo. 4 breaks in my left hand, my index finger doesn't look like I'll get full movement back and my right forearm was shattered into 5 pieces.
It's been plated and screwed together, leaving a nice long scar, but there's 3 pieces which they couldn't screw that are now hopefully going to knit together on their own. Just got to be very careful while they heal.

The pain has been excruciating at times, it's something I hope none of you have to experience

Anyway, hope you all have a lovely day

Mods planned - Cruise retrofit - Done, ZT front bumper - Done, 160 remap - Done...and probably one or two more

This vehicle was the 15,751st 75 Tourer to run off the production line, out of 27,407
This vehicle was the 3,726th 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur to be made out of 4,100
This vehicle was the 732nd 75 Tourer in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 4,100 Starlight Silver 75 Tourers
freck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2015, 10:15   #88340
thomas 75 connie
This is my second home

Rover 75 launch car x2, Rover 800 Vitesse

Thanked 1,083 Times in 653 Posts

Good morning all hope alls well. I'm knackered as been moving house and also working aswell.

The 75 has a new home

It has a nice bit of room around it so I can work on it
thomas 75 connie is offline   Reply With Quote