Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th December 2017, 09:02   #1
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts
Default Navall spare parts and service info

Hi.
Rather reluctantly I'm asking for some info.
I have a Navall 2 on the bench with a burn up and have been asked to look at another with a broken touch screen (not as yet seen it).
Before I even consider doing anything with either set what is the score with UK service, is anyone here doing it?

To proceed I need access to spares and full service info and parts listings. Like I say I'm doing this reluctantly but both cases are favours for friends who appear to be stuck. If I cant get the above info then I doubt I can help.
Old 29th December 2017, 12:44   #2
Ennine
Posted a thing or two

Ford

Trevor did you get the pm I sent you a couple of weeks back regarding nav 2 bits I have

Nige
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nav02;lores.jpg (138.0 KB, 42 views)

How to: Replace touch screen Navall II

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Ennine; 29th December 2017 at 13:25..
Ennine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2017, 14:29   #3
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennine View Post
Trevor did you get the pm I sent you a couple of weeks back regarding nav 2 bits I have

Nige
Hi Nige.
Yes I did, the reason for not replying then was the owner was going to buy another set but he's changed his mind and wants me to give it a try.
I'd could still be doing with a manual though. Re the screen as yet I'm not sure of the model and neither is the owner, it was in the car when he bought it a few months ago. I'll probably see the car next week.
Nige I'll take you up on the offer though as at least we might get one up and running.
Kind regards
Trev.

PS I'll PM Jeff and see if he has any circuit info.
Old 29th December 2017, 14:48   #4
Ennine
Posted a thing or two

Ford

You are very welcome to this one. You could certainly use it as a benchmark for scope. volts checks. It's fully working apart from the touch. I stripped it down when it came back with the intention of sorting the screen and making some improvements such as fitting an external 802 antenna in place of that pathetic bit of wire taped to the chassis but to be honest got no futher than putting out a few feelers for screen front. The touch screen is very poor construction and there is a wear line across the FFC where it rubs internally, again, very poor construction. Im not going to get around to doing anything with it, even if I had a 75 I would not refit it. Swap out the touch screen and you're good to go or run it up with a usb keyboard, it all works. Let me know if you want it. I'm stiched up like the proverbial at the moment but I can get it off to you next week sometime if it's of use.

Nige

How to: Replace touch screen Navall II

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ennine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2017, 18:14   #5
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanks Nige.
PM on its way.
Old 3rd January 2018, 01:44   #6
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Hi.
The chap with the burn up has decided to leave the repair on his set as his clutch went last week, so the car is going, the set is just going to fill the hole in the dash.
I'm seeing the other set tomorrow and will decide at that point whether to proceed or not.
Old 4th January 2018, 20:12   #7
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Hi.
The other chap appeared about an hour ago.
The screen was badly damaged and the surround was cracked, this rang alarm bells along with the fact the set didn't even power up. I removed the set and even at this point I thought, no I'm not interested. The screen had a hard whack with the back and metal sides being bent. To be quite honest I'd doubt any set would survive this, the metal is like coca cola cans, very thin indeed and poor quality but in all fairness the set as far as I'm concerned a write off. I offered the owner an engineers report for insurance purposes but he didn't bother.
He will join the club and says he will post a thread in the wanted for a replacement second-hand headunit.