Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th December 2017, 13:01   #1
ianM
Regular poster

Rover 75 2.5L V6 Saloon; Rover 214i

Default Faulty Navall - can't get hold of Radioguy

Hi all,

Had a bit of bad luck with my Navall Premium, as it's basically been faulty since I fitted it. I tested it before fitting, and everything was fine, but first use of the CD drive after I'd got it all in place, it swallowed my CD and won't spit it back out (motors whirr, nothing happens).

I've been in touch with Sean (Radioguy) who said I could send it back to to be repaired, but since then I've been struggling to get in touch with him. I've sent five emails since the 13/11, all to his preferred address, but I haven't had anything back. I know we'll have now missed Christmas, but it'd be nice to know where and how to send it back for repair, so I can get it sent off first thing in the new year. I've tried every way I can think of for getting in touch, but if anyone can give him a nudge for me please (or has any suggestions for how I can reach him myself) it'd be hugely appreciated.

Just in case anyone's reading this and has encountered any similar issues, the other big problem I have is with the iGo sat nav app. When it reads a direction out, I'll sometimes get a really loud crackle/distortion as it switches back to whatever I have on at the time, whether it's MP3s/radio/DAB, etc. It only does it intermittently (perhaps half the time), but it basically makes it unusable unless you want to be deafened/jump out of your skin every time. Has anyone figured out a way around this, please?

Last edited by ianM; 18th December 2017 at 14:19..
ianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2017, 13:14   #2
timspencer
Gets stuck in

MG ZTT

I had an issue getting hold of him earlier this year, took a few weeks.
timspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2018, 08:57   #3
Hairy Harry

MG ZT-T 260 SE

Default Faulty Navall

Hi Ian,

Just looked at your post of 18th Dec regarding a "stuck" CD.

I had a similar problem a while ago on my Navall3, this turned out to be that the CD was physically stopped from ejecting by the slot. I just opened the slot very slightly with my fingers and the CD popped out- if that makes sense. Not sure whether the Navall was faulty or just the way I fitted it. Anyway may be worth a go.

Can't help with your Sat Nav problem!

Geoff
Hairy Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2018, 17:24   #4
ianM
Regular poster

Hi Hairy Harry,

Thanks for the suggestion! I have had a play around like you said, just to see if there's anything jamming it, but there doesn't appear to be... I will have another look, though, and see if I can make a difference applying a bit of pressure with my fingers.

Thanks,

Ian
Old 10th January 2018, 19:24   #5
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianM View Post
Hi Hairy Harry,

Thanks for the suggestion! I have had a play around like you said, just to see if there's anything jamming it, but there doesn't appear to be... I will have another look, though, and see if I can make a difference applying a bit of pressure with my fingers.

Thanks,

Ian
Has there been no reply from Sean yet?
Old 11th January 2018, 16:14   #6
ianM
Regular poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyv310 View Post
Has there been no reply from Sean yet?
Not a sausage...

Last I heard off him was mid October. I've emailed him six times since then, but I've had nothing at all back... Doesn't feel great...
Old 13th January 2018, 12:54   #7
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Hi.
Sorry to hear of your woes, I also despair to read the number of people that are having issues with Sean. I received a lot of flak from some here as I was far from happy with how some have been left in the lurch and then if you criticise Sean your in the wrong. I still feel the moderators need to urgently do something about this as it seems to be an issue that rears it head here more often than on BMW forums that also have Sean trading through them.
I really think you need to shout louder than you are and possibly take further action.
Good luck.
Old 13th January 2018, 13:15   #8
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

So its seems that when coolcat left the fold all fitting / servicing / repairs left too ....

If this is true then not good news for all us Navall owners ......
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2018, 13:20   #9
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-45 View Post
So its seems that when coolcat left the fold all fitting / servicing / repairs left too ....

If this is true then not good news for all us Navall owners ......
Hi.
I do believe there is someone doing repairs although not on this forum.
To be fair he has to have a magic wand as there is no service info (Manuals) little in the way of spares especially for discontinued models and build quality is poor to mediocre. If you have a few scrappers then that could be the only way repairs can be done, make one out of two or three. I have looked at about half a dozen of these sets and have no desire to see another.
Old 13th January 2018, 13:27   #10
Ennine
Posted a thing or two

Ford

I really don't want to get into a majot debate about this but, most of us pay subs to this club. The traders pay fees to do business here and personally I do feel the club has a responsibilty, not only to ensure those traders are reliable and that members are fairly safe doing business with them, but to also step in and take over when needed to resolves things like this. I accept the mod's do a great job and it's not totally down to them but something must be done.
As I have said elsewhere that comments from those that have good service doesn't really help. I've had great service from most traders here but the odd complaint does crop up about those very traders. I would not dream of jumping in and saying "I've alway had great service". My experience was mine, I can't gauge the experience of others on that and such complaints are very rare.
In regard to Sean, maybe Tony_fry knows more.

Nige

How to: Replace touch screen Navall II

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Ennine; 13th January 2018 at 13:35..
Ennine is offline   Reply With Quote