Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 17th January 2018, 15:22   #111
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vossy View Post
I have read all of these posts and others regarding Radioguy, I have no axe to grind as I have not purchased anything from him. I can understand a trader offering goods for sale before he actually obtains them as long as there is an excellent chance of the trader obtaining the goods for the customer, however, looking at the bigger picture the delays running into months waiting for goods after payment is unacceptable, no doubt Radioguy trades across many forums all over the globe and if it were all gathered together I would guess there are a huge number of people most unhappy. He clearly cannot fulfill the orders.

Although he is a trader on here and pays the dues, the club cannot guarantee any member will be out of pocket whether or not he is a trader, all the club can do is bar him from trading on here and advise members to either open a PayPal dispute or speak with their card issuers, to wait months for something you have paid for is bordering on ridiculous and for the trader to keep offering excuses to avoid returning any money is just very bad practice.

As I have said I do not have an axe to grind but there are so many negative threads about Radioguy that this just seems to go on and on with no intervention from the club itself, although the club relies on trader subscriptions the club also relies on members and their subscriptions, the members are the larger part of the club and I feel that the members should be listened to above all.

There may be things going on in the background but this doesn't help anyone, the club can only threaten Radioguy with a trader ban but I honestly do not think this will affect him or give any sway to the clubs concern for it's members, look at how many car and ICE forums there are across the globe.

I know there are members happy with Radioguys products but a lot of them are now posting with faults on the equipment and there is no aftercare to speak of.

jubbarelly is a trader also dealing with ICE, I do not know him but reading about him and his products he can offer the backup and is in this country, I have not purchased anything from him either but if I was in the market for this equipment I know where I would be buying, I only mention this trader because I cannot find any negative threads about him.

Maybe open a poll to the members on Radioguys continued trader status on this club and promise to abide by the result.
I think its best left to the management to try and sort the problem. They have said they are trying to get it sorted, but I think starting a poll to decide if Sean stays or goes as a trader, is a bit lynch mob esque. I agree though that being kept waiting for months, for goods or service is unacceptable. In the end he may decide to stop trading on here anyway , due to the amount of hassle. I have only dealt with Sean once, and the service I received was fine, had a problem with the camera and Sean replaced it for me under warranty. That was in about 2013.
Old 17th January 2018, 15:31   #112
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Hi.
I did suggest that "Radioguy's/Navall" advertising logo should be suspended until the issues were addressed. The reason being that new members could well land up in the same situation unknowingly, plus also older members that may not read the various forums.
Old 17th January 2018, 15:36   #113
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
I think its best left to the management to try and sort the problem. They have said they are trying to get it sorted, but I think starting a poll to decide if Sean stays or goes as a trader, is a bit lynch mob esque. I agree though that being kept waiting for months, for goods or service is unacceptable. In the end he may decide to stop trading on here anyway , due to the amount of hassle. I have only dealt with Sean once, and the service I received was fine, had a problem with the camera and Sean replaced it for me under warranty. That was in about 2013.

Hi Richard.
I'm against a poll and a lynch party whole heartedly, that is childish behaviour and it achieves nothing.
Also saying you have good service does nothing for those with duff radios and failure to supply goods that have been paid for, you have to look at the downside and the numerous issues.

On a personal note why Oh why was the network of installers and engineers to repair these sets scrapped? I know and it doesn't take a genius to work out why.
Old 17th January 2018, 15:41   #114
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyv310 View Post
Hi Richard.
I'm against a poll and a lynch party whole heartedly, that is childish behaviour and it achieves nothing.
Also saying you have good service does nothing for those with duff radios and failure to supply goods that have been paid for, you have to look at the downside and the numerous issues.

On a personal note why Oh why was the network of installers and engineers to repair these sets scrapped? I know and it doesn't take a genius to work out why.
I agree Trev, I never had one of the radios, just a reversing camera. Im guessing why,so people will just junk the unit and have to buy a new one.
Old 17th January 2018, 15:48   #115
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
I agree Trev, I never had one of the radios, just a reversing camera. Im guessing why,so people will just junk the unit and have to buy a new one.
Yes Richard, playing into today's throw away society is certainly a factor.
The other is that I have been told there is virtually no spares especially for discontinued models, so a service network would never work.
The other thing of course is who pays the engineers to repair these items under warranty, these things were always factored in when I was in the trade.
Old 17th January 2018, 16:03   #116
Vossy
Why? ...

MG ZT+ Cdti Auto saloon.

I see only one winner here regardless of the clubs admin.

A poll would not be a witch hunt, but it would give the people involved both good and bad to voice an opinion, it is after all a members forum.
I am on the fence here as I am not affected by any loss of money or lack of aftercare.
Vossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2018, 16:05   #117
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vossy View Post
I see only one winner here regardless of the clubs admin.

A poll would not be a witch hunt, but it would give the people involved both good and bad to voice an opinion, it is after all a members forum.
I am on the fence here as I am not affected by any loss of money or lack of aftercare.
Well It's really up to the moderators to say if it is useful or not.
I personally don't but who knows.
Old 17th January 2018, 16:10   #118
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

My diesel has a reverse camera in it, which took ages to actually develop and make a mount to get it to fit safely without causing damage to the car and number plate light assembly.
The Navall unit I had became so unreliable I pulled it out and got rid of it.
So disappointed, especially given the hassles I had actually fitting it thanks to zero instructions, wrong camera and wrong wiring, and having to drill holes and cut the light assembly just so it was a clean (as can be) install and an overall questionable sound quality.
No firmware updates, no spares as now discontinued.

Sean offered to trade me up to a newer model, but the DVB-T, Dashcam and Reverse cam id bought with the bundle deal are not backward compatible with newer models so id have to replace EVERYTHING. Which meant stripping out my car again and chopping wires again, then doing a complete fresh install. ???!!!
‘Naughty Word’ that for a game of marbles!
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2018, 07:34   #119
7T5
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

I have never dealt with someone so full of NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- as this guy. Promised Wednesday, Then more than likely today. When i chase, yes me no information is ever given from him without chasing he says he will refund me. No chance pal, you have had my money since October i want what i have paid for. Now late next week. I give up
7T5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2018, 10:38   #120
pletevl
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 cdti(rhd), MG ZR(lhd), MG TF(lhd), MG TF(rhd), mini mpi (lhd), Renault megane III (awful)

I think we can safely say that Sean's time here is over. I will never buy from him again and will have second thoughts about buying from other traders on here and other forums.
Thank you Sean Moore from Canada.
pletevl is offline   Reply With Quote