Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 29th January 2018, 09:57   #21
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustymotor View Post
Hi, none of this is any of my business however, I imagined the amounts of money to be high for some items and was the reason I put this thread up to help members feel safer with large purchasers. Here
would a credit card purchase such as master card offer some protection as the amount could then be disputed?

macafee2
Old 29th January 2018, 10:11   #22
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Hi macafee2, yes in some cases and provided the transaction didn't go through a third party processor, if it did then you have little or no protection with a credit card. Using escrow means both parties are working towards the same end, it has a cost sure but 100% safe.

Another option is: Buyer pays say 20% deposit with order, the seller sends the buyer by email a copy of the shipping documents as and when goods shipped then 80% final payment is paid.

Would just add that these kind of problems should not be a burden to the forum owners/mods etc simply not fair. Have read that some think it is due to display ads.

Last edited by rustymotor; 29th January 2018 at 10:23..
Old 29th January 2018, 10:38   #23
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustymotor View Post

Would just add that these kind of problems should not be a burden to the forum owners/mods etc simply not fair. Have read that some think it is due to display ads.
Hi Rustymotor.
While in principal I agree with you I do believe there is a bigger picture.
There is long standing problems with this trader, it goes back many years and many issues have gone unresolved. There has been some fabrication of the truth with respect to where parts and units are. So I do believe that the moderators have to respect those that are out of pocket. The trader in question is a premium rate trader and five or six years fees are not to be sniffed at. Continuing to let him trade without resolving serious issues in my mind is condoning his actions.
Being fair it would be in the clubs interest if rogue traders were removed, bad traders bring the clubs reputation down not up. Money in the clubs till should not be the be all and end all.
Old 29th January 2018, 12:00   #24
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Well that's a fair enough comment Trevor.
Old 29th January 2018, 12:07   #25
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,481 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyv310 View Post
Hi Rustymotor.
While in principal I agree with you I do believe there is a bigger picture.
There is long standing problems with this trader, it goes back many years and many issues have gone unresolved. There has been some fabrication of the truth with respect to where parts and units are. So I do believe that the moderators have to respect those that are out of pocket. The trader in question is a premium rate trader and five or six years fees are not to be sniffed at. Continuing to let him trade without resolving serious issues in my mind is condoning his actions.
Being fair it would be in the clubs interest if rogue traders were removed, bad traders bring the clubs reputation down not up. Money in the clubs till should not be the be all and end all.

Well said.

Lest we forget.

Never forget them and support our armed forces.

https://i.imgur.com/oyca2Lyl.jpg?1
Passion Never Dies It Only Gets Stronger.
Go your own way.

Old 2nd February 2018, 16:02   #26
SteveTD
Loves to post

MG ZT 260

Tom? Can you update me please?
Old 2nd February 2018, 18:55   #27
tantallon
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 SALOON

Originally Posted by tantallon View Post
This whole scenario beggars belief .The seller is a trader ,sanctioned by the management committee of this club to trade on this forum .Therefore giving their approval of the sellers integrity to sell .Numerous paid up members of said club very unhappy with the current proceedings .The question I must ask is .If this is a club .Where is the constitution . What steps are being taken by the management committee in this matter .In accepting the sellers credentials to trade .They are vouching for his suitability and method of trading .Not only should they have the interests of the paying traders but also the interests of the paying members who also contribute financially and may wish to continue to pay subscriptions should they wish to .
Old 2nd February 2018, 19:02   #28
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

Quote:
The question I must ask is .If this is a club .Where is the constitution .
I think that although it is called a Club that the way it is constituted it is a business which is a different scenario all together.
Old 2nd February 2018, 19:42   #29
tantallon
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 SALOON

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_clean_sheet View Post
I think that although it is called a Club that the way it is constituted it is a business which is a different scenario all together.
I know that but cannot get clarification from anyone
Old 2nd February 2018, 19:44   #30
stevenkeyte
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_clean_sheet View Post
The club is a Company limited by guarantee and is governed / run in accordance with the memorandum of association and articles of association, a copy of which is freely available to view on-line at Companies House, this is pretty standard stuff and as an ex-director and ex-Company Secretary of the Armstrong Siddeley Owners Club Ltd. viewing the documents for this club show they are very similar to the Armstrong Siddeley Club Ltd. I think that legally the 'Club' has to be run as a limited company, because that is what it is,

Steve

Born 22nd February 2005, 221st of 239 Starlight Silver 75 Contemporary SE 2.5 V6 automatic saloons built
Closed Thread