Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th February 2018, 18:31   #221
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyv310 View Post
If the shop is now no longer involved at all Richard then all concerned, Jeff, Tony, Sean, and the shop owner should have had another importer to take over the work. Radioguy is/was trading on other clubs and forums, BMW I believe, so what's happening to customers there?
I know that its totally out of control of the club here now and what the moderators have decided is absolutely correct but those who have or had links with Radioguy should perhaps try to help out those here who have lost out. Perhaps as an intermediary.
Hi Trevor,

Just to point out, Tony Fry is nothing to do with Clacton Electronics, he is a member on here who helped Sean with deliveries in the early days and also with the financial transactions.

I (The shop) originally started to help out offering a UK based repair service and installations for Sean which later involved getting units ready and dispatched within the UK for him.

It was way back in August of last year that I announced I would be stopping in the near future as my Boss (the owner of Clacton Electronics) where I had worked for over twenty years was going to retire and close the shop in 2018 as he is fast approaching 70 years young.

I got the opportunity to do a few days a week as a Freelance Photographer which after a short while the chance to go full time and self employed arose so I took it as you guys know.
I had to take it when I could as I would have been made redundant early in 2018 and left up the Creek without a Paddle.

In the transition period any orders at the shop were sent out and fittings done where I still had the chance to do so.

Two fittings I had to cancel due to work commitments with my new job not allowing the time to do them unfortunately.

If there were enough hours in the day I would still be doing them and helping out where I could but that I'm afraid is not possible.

I am still available for answering any queries that peeps may have with their units and still on the forum.
However......I'm out all day during the week on the road and most evenings busy editing images to be on the system for the next working day. This means my answer may not be instant......But I will answer

I know Sean has found a new partner in the UK to move things forward and I'm glad to read that he is replying via emails.

Hopefully things will get back on track very soon and all outstanding customer orders and problems will be resolved by Sean and his new partner.
Old 14th February 2018, 18:46   #222
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
So surely the gripe has to be with Tony Fry as its him you have paid.
So does Sean actually exist or am I being suspicious? Also is there a link between Tony & the old shop in Clacton? Somehow I'd say yes as both are in the same area.
Needs clarification I think.
Trevor,

I'm very unhappy with your assumptions reference Tony Fry, myself and my previous employer.

Let me set the record straight for you.

I worked for Clacton Electronics for over twenty years and the shop has been trading for over forty years.

I was a member of this forum long before Sean came along but was a customer of his back in 2010 when I bought a WinCe unit from him and like all others paid a BACS payment through Tony Fry who was also a member on here.

A few years later another member on here REV JULES had a faulty unit that he had bought and Sean and him spoke and the unit was to be returned to China.
I stepped in on the thread and offered Sean our services for repair within the UK if he could supply the parts.

That is how I/the shop came to be involved with Sean.
This grew into me doing installs and posting stock out for Sean which he paid the shop to do.

P.s. Tony Fry is in London.....I grant you it's in the South East of the country but not exactly on our doorstep
This is all here on the forum if you dig far enough back through the history on here.

Please refrain from making big assumptions like that as you are basically calling my reputation into repute and I for one am not happy.

I'm still a member of this forum so you only need ask via a PM rather than making such a post
Old 14th February 2018, 19:06   #223
stevenicks
This is my second home

MG ZT 180 Auto / Rover 75 2.0 Diesel

Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
If the shop is now no longer involved at all Richard then all concerned, Jeff, Tony, Sean, and the shop owner should have had another importer to take over the work. Radioguy is/was trading on other clubs and forums, BMW I believe, so what's happening to customers there?
I know that its totally out of control of the club here now and what the moderators have decided is absolutely correct but those who have or had links with Radioguy should perhaps try to help out those here who have lost out. Perhaps as an intermediary.
Jeff is no longer involved with Sean as he has moved onto pastures new. Just leave the guy alone and give him a break, why do people keep bringing up Jeff's name is beyond me, besides I thought you had left the forum (again).

Steve
stevenicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2018, 19:18   #224
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Hi Jeff.
Thanks for the clear and concise reply. Very helpful and no doubt will help with those that don't know the situation.
I'm pleased things are moving on well.
Personally I didn't want to get involved but was drawn into it against my wishes.
Hope you are well and enjoying your new venture.
Old 14th February 2018, 19:19   #225
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenicks View Post
Jeff is no longer involved with Sean as he has moved onto pastures new. Just leave the guy alone and give him a break, why do people keep bringing up Jeff's name is beyond me, besides I thought you had left the forum (again).
Lovely comment thanks, such a nice chap
Old 14th February 2018, 19:23   #226
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Hi Jeff.
Thanks for the clear and concise reply. Very helpful and no doubt will help with those that don't know the situation.
I'm pleased things are moving on well.
Personally I didn't want to get involved but was drawn into it against my wishes.
Hope you are well and enjoying your new venture.
I would hesitate to guess that anyone who knows me on here (a lot of people) would be beyond aghast at your assumption/musing that Tony Fry and myself have concocted some type of scam

So if you don't want to get involved......best to keep your wild and unfounded comments in check don't you think
Old 14th February 2018, 19:23   #227
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

As soon as Sean has supplied his outstanding orders, or refunded his customers the better.

It is all a bit tangled up for most to fathom out

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2018, 19:29   #228
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

As Sean seems to be summarily banned, & can't therefore reply on these threads, we seem to be going round in circles, some like a dog with a bone, I would suggest to let it be dealt with by the parties DIRECTLY INVOLVED & for others to stop sticking there noses in to prevent bad feeling
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2018, 20:46   #229
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

I spoke with Sean on Skype in the past, he does exist. Tony Fry and Coolcat are not the same person, as has been inferred. Jeff should not have to defend himself or feed into any wild fantasies.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2018, 21:13   #230
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
I spoke with Sean on Skype in the past, he does exist. Tony Fry and Coolcat are not the same person, as has been inferred. Jeff should not have to defend himself or feed into any wild fantasies.
Well said that man
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote