Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th May 2018, 12:52   #139421
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
I couldn’t make it this time guys, I’m off to A&E later as my foot is a tad sore

Managed to fall out of the van while loading boxes 😩
I do the falling over not you. I'm fully qualified and available for party bookings.

Hope it's not too serious Andy.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2018, 13:39   #139422
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
I couldn’t make it this time guys, I’m off to A&E later as my foot is a tad sore

Managed to fall out of the van while loading boxes ��

Ouch! Andy, That looks painful mate...... You'll have to take yer high heels off next time you're doing lifting boxes.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2018, 13:43   #139423
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
We had an all singing, all dancing Dyson washing machine. Got a letter about extending the warranty for a ridiculous price, to hell with that! One week after the warranty expired it threw up a fault code with a phone number. Onto the internet and found how to clear the fault. Nobody is going to convince me not taking out the extended warranty and the fault appearing were a coincidence.

Yeah I'm with you on that, I'm sure there's an inbuilt countdown clock in them.

Well it cleared up at dinner time, beautiful sunny day again. missus has gone on her birthday party with the weigh watchers group. I said don't bother bringing me a doggy bag back then if it's all that low fat skimmed low calorie malarkey.

Old 15th May 2018, 14:03   #139424
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:

Managed to fall out of the van while loading boxes ��
Ouch! an ice pack, foot elevated will help, anti-inflammatories and an X-Ray. The toe nails are looking healthy, not thick or fungal looking.

This afternoon, city council came round unannounced and wanted to inspect the dogs, check their vaccinations and our dog ownership permits. No bribe was asked for. We had everything, all the dogs are ok and the inspectors left happy

Andy take it easy mate

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 15th May 2018 at 23:41..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2018, 15:35   #139425
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Beautiful afternoon here now, My younger brothers just called round from MOT'ing his Van,It failed on the new diesel emissions test

It's really a salad day but I'm having haddock in parsley & mustard sauce with new spuds.

Old 15th May 2018, 16:16   #139426
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Evening all, feeling a bit better now, been really low amd stressed of late.Im in constant pain from my back. Thursday morning I noticed the radiator valve in the bathroom was leaking. So I decided to repair it, took it apart and put some ptfe tape round the spindle, reassembled and all was well. Then I stood up and for some unknown reason, had back pain.. I didn't do anything strenuous or twist awkwardly, so don't know what I have done. I thought it would go away but it hasn't, so going to doctor in a few mins.
Old 15th May 2018, 17:14   #139427
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Evening all, feeling a bit better now, been really low amd stressed of late.Im in constant pain from my back. Thursday morning I noticed the radiator valve in the bathroom was leaking. So I decided to repair it, took it apart and put some ptfe tape round the spindle, reassembled and all was well. Then I stood up and for some unknown reason, had back pain.. I didn't do anything strenuous or twist awkwardly, so don't know what I have done. I thought it would go away but it hasn't, so going to doctor in a few mins.
Age related?

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2018, 17:17   #139428
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Sorry to hear about the back Rich - hope the doctor can sort out the problem for you

Looks like I'm going to have to get involved in an argument which my son is having with the local Citroen dealer. He bought a 14 plate C4 Picasso back end of last year, complete with Citroen's used car warranty. Took the car in today for two problems:-
  • The clutch doesn't always return to the top of its travel smoothly - it keeps on sticking and there is a fine 'white powder" under the clutch pedal/master cylinder. (Having read up on the web, it isn't an unknown fault, and some versions of the car were recalled a couple of years ago). The local dealers answer - "it's wear and tear and not covered under your used car warranty."
  • Problem number two is the aircon - "there's a leak on the system near the compressor, and needs a new compressor to fix the problem - but aircon isn't covered by the used car warranty". This is despite the fact that the same garage had diagnosed the aircon problem a couple of weeks ago as "the system is OK, but it needs a gas refill" (son didn't have the re-gas done at that stage, as they quoted over £200 to do so!).
So they are saying that Citroen's clutch master cylinders are fit for purpose but can literally wear out in less than 4 years and 40,000 miles !!!!
The aircon falls into the same category; how they can they argue that the system can wear out in 36,000 miles - and that is acceptable. My son has spoken to Citroen UK, who say they will talk to the garage concerned, but they re-iterated the "sounds like wear and tear Sir" argument.
I feel a strongly worded letter to Citroen UK Customer Service, with a copy to BBC Watchdog, coming on.

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !

Last edited by reworht; 15th May 2018 at 17:21..
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2018, 17:22   #139429
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
I used to suffer with similar back problem when i was younger,no problem when middle aged but it has come "back" now in later years. Just getting up too quick from sitting,i get a little click then in pain for a few hours.
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2018, 17:36   #139430
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Age related?
The pain or stress? Or both?