Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th February 2019, 14:11   #21
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maudlawes View Post
it is not the cam sensor ,just tested it in range rover and its ok regards harry
Cam sensor failure doesn't prevent all engines from starting - it depends how they are programmed.

I don't know about the Range Rover, but did you try the Range Rover one in your car?

Re the UBP if you unplug the outlet pipe where it connects to the fuel filter and place it in a large jar, then with key to position II you should get a good strong flow of fuel into the jar.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2019, 17:47   #22
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post
Cam sensor failure doesn't prevent all engines from starting - it depends how they are programmed.

I don't know about the Range Rover, but did you try the Range Rover one in your car?

Re the UBP if you unplug the outlet pipe where it connects to the fuel filter and place it in a large jar, then with key to position II you should get a good strong flow of fuel into the jar.
Mike. Do you mean the diesel engine will start WITHOUT a signal from the cam sensor ???

PS. Been trying to contact this bloke when I'm at home in Teignmouth but never get a response from him.-------I think he lives not far from me too.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2019, 20:55   #23
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Yep but not our engines though John. The only job the cam sensor has is to make sure the engine isn't trying to start 180 degrees out.

You can program a diesel ECM to start injecting even if it doesn't receive the cam sensor signal, and if the engine doesn't fire, phase the injection back 180 and then it will.

Shame Bosch decided not to do this on the M47R.
Old 12th February 2019, 14:01   #24
maudlawes
Regular poster

rover 75 connie diesel estate se

Default wont start

hi artic the punp was the electric fuel pump came from euro parts but it works fine I have half a tank of fuel regards harry

Last edited by maudlawes; 12th February 2019 at 14:14..
maudlawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2019, 14:04   #25
maudlawes
Regular poster

Default wont start

mike noc I did not try the sensor from range rover in my car as I assumed if mine worked in that one it was alright
Old 12th February 2019, 14:07   #26
maudlawes
Regular poster

Default wont start

hi colvert have sent 2 pms but I think you have to clear some space to recive them as your message box is full regards harry
Old 13th February 2019, 05:47   #27
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Worth checking the cam sensor plug where the wires go in - I have had a cable break there.
Old 14th February 2019, 21:29   #28
Cable Tie
Regional Secretary

Orange grove ztt cdti

Thanked 1,381 Times in 818 Posts

Hi guys went to have a look at the car on Wednesday a few codes came up mainly cambus error and bulb failure,Brian has checked the ecu,I used the vt4 supplied by Phil t4 nothing sprang out to make me think it won’t start,we’ve got both pumps working,immobiliser light going out,loads of fuel,it’s trying to start when you pump the throttle but just won’t fire,never had this problem before it’s always been fuel related so I’m gonna get a few known working spare bits ie cam sensor etc and have another go I’m not easily beaten so hopefully it’ll work with a bit of persuasion lol hi mike the other vehicle is a Land Rover td4 mk1

Last edited by Cable Tie; 14th February 2019 at 21:33..
Cable Tie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2019, 21:53   #29
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cable Tie View Post
Hi guys went to have a look at the car on Wednesday a few codes came up mainly cambus error and bulb failure,Brian has checked the ecu,I used the vt4 supplied by Phil t4 nothing sprang out to make me think it won’t start,we’ve got both pumps working,immobiliser light going out,loads of fuel,it’s trying to start when you pump the throttle but just won’t fire,never had this problem before it’s always been fuel related so I’m gonna get a few known working spare bits ie cam sensor etc and have another go I’m not easily beaten so hopefully it’ll work with a bit of persuasion lol hi mike the other vehicle is a Land Rover td4 mk1
The can messaging error is a red herring as it relates to traction control which Harry's car doesn't have.

What were the other fault codes Matt?

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2019, 09:40   #30
MarkS
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Diesel Tourer, called Perseverance

Quote:
Originally Posted by maudlawes View Post
75 con not been used for some time,went out yesterday,20 miles did some shopping,started fine,20 miles back,stopped at another shop,came out would not start,turns over fine,had breakdown out said it could be elec fuel punp,fitted new one today,still the same,how long does it take to self prime,new fuel and oil fitted and all belts and oil change in last few months,recovery man was talking about crank shaft fuel sender,????anyone got any ideas please
How to troubleshoot CDT (I) Starting issues:

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=22402

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=289302

Corrosion in the underbonnet fusebox ?

Last edited by MarkS; 15th February 2019 at 10:49..
MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote