Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 6th July 2019, 21:10   #11
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up!
Old 6th July 2019, 21:33   #12
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Well, that’s it. Only ever thought I would reach around 30 the way I used to thrash life. Burnt the midnight oil candle at both ends, every day.Nearly always had heavy manual jobs, apart from the last one. 80 in December, and still feel like a 28 year old. If I wake up in the morning, it’s a bonus. Oh, and I have walked my neighbours dog for the last 10 years in the park for an hour five days a week, and really look forward to it as much as the dog does Roll on the next 20 years. I want to be the first of the family to get a card off the King for my 100 birthday. The only ambition I ever wanted was to retire.............at 16. Never achieved it though.Had to wait until 62 years old. Hey ho.
Old 6th July 2019, 21:36   #13
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up!
You could always try to be a nuisance?
Old 7th July 2019, 06:42   #14
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts
Default Dog walking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Well, that’s it. Only ever thought I would reach around 30 the way I used to thrash life. Burnt the midnight oil candle at both ends, every day.Nearly always had heavy manual jobs, apart from the last one. 80 in December, and still feel like a 28 year old. If I wake up in the morning, it’s a bonus. Oh, and I have walked my neighbours dog for the last 10 years in the park for an hour five days a week, and really look forward to it as much as the dog does Roll on the next 20 years. I want to be the first of the family to get a card off the King for my 100 birthday. The only ambition I ever wanted was to retire.............at 16. Never achieved it though.Had to wait until 62 years old. Hey ho.
It’s walking the dogs that is good for us! Not only is their enthusiasm for life infectious - but the discipline of having to do it regularly keeps us focused.

Whatever the weather I enjoy it. Now it’s early morning and late evening in shorts and a T-shirt. Come the Winter it will be Wax Jacket, scarf, gloves and walking boots.

If anything - a dog walk in Winter creates a great feeling of contentment that a) you are out in bad weather but as you are well dressed for it it’s not an issue and b) that cuppa you have when you get back is so much nicer than at any other time of year.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote