Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 28th June 2019, 13:12   #1
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Default Personal goal achieved - time to step back from the forum

Having been an active member of the club for nearly 12 years and made over 5000 posts, I have for some time felt that it is perhaps time to step back from being so active on the forum. The one thing that has kept me going is the aspiration to secure a "Thank You" mark from Ronnie aka suzublu. There were times when I felt that securing an OBE from the queen may prove easier. But, that honour was finally bestowed upon me by Ronnie last week.

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...77&postcount=8

Having now achieved this important personal goal, and also settled a few outstanding loose ends with my last posts (e.g. https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...&postcount=175 ), it is time to take retirement from being an active contributor to the forum.

As a 75 owner, I intend to remain a paid-up club member and utilise the available knowledge and information from the forum as necessary.

Ronnie carries the responsibility for causing this life changing event. Thank you!

Last edited by MSS; 28th June 2019 at 13:49..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2019, 13:18   #2
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

All the best. Dip in when needed to the excellent resource this forum is for the cars. Worth £10 a year of anyone's money
Nick Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2019, 21:40   #3
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Aye, ok then Maninder, we'll see if the protagonist of this story remains quiet for long

Oh and congratulations on the "thanks" from Ronnie, I had to go down to Seaton Carew to have this highest of honours bestowed upon me

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2019, 21:43   #4
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Nice one Maninder, funny old world.

Don't disappear though as your knowledge and experience will benefit others.

Fred (planenut)
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2019, 06:21   #5
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

problem with the written word is the tone could be misunderstood.
This is an example
"The one thing that has kept me going is the aspiration to secure a "Thank You" mark from Ronnie aka suzublu. There were times when I felt that securing an OBE from the queen may prove easier. But, that honour was finally bestowed upon me by Ronnie last week."

Was the above in good humour or sarcastic?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2019, 09:25   #6
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

As you say, the written word can be misconstrued to be something other than what was meant by the composer.I think that sometimes people look for the two extremes according to What mood they are in (receiver). Myself, if someone writes what appears to be a ‘sharp’ letter or post to me,I wonder if I have upset them by using the right word, in the wrong place, or they in a wrong place when receiving the post(letter). They could have had a bad day at work, or even been trying to get something done on their car, and are not having any success. Life is to short in my opinion to fall out with others, for whatever reason. I shrug my shoulders and just file it away. Now Maninder, how about if I give you a thank you? Will that help? Those last sentences are what I am on about. Am I taking the pass, or am I trying to be helpful? Never the less have one on me..
Old 29th June 2019, 09:41   #7
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Gents - Thank you for your posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Aye, ok then Maninder, we'll see if the protagonist of this story remains quiet for long

Oh and congratulations on the "thanks" from Ronnie, I had to go down to Seaton Carew to have this highest of honours bestowed upon me

Brian
Brian - it sounds like you know exactly how I feel. With this honour from Ronnie, I feel like I have completed my journey.

As for whether my post is intended in good humour or sarcasm, Ronnie knows. We have had exchanges on the topic in the past. There is a hint further down in thread to which I linked above.

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...77#post2741877
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2019, 10:03   #8
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Gents - Thank you for your posts.

Brian - it sounds like you know exactly how I feel. With this honour from Ronnie, I feel like I have completed my journey.

As for whether my post is intended in good humour or sarcasm, Ronnie knows. We have had exchanges on the topic in the past. There is a hint further down in thread to which I linked above.

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...77#post2741877
Sarcasm or not, what matters is the understanding and perceptions between Ronnie and yourself. It doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks Writing from experience when Ronnie thanks me in a post, it does feel rather special. It would not be the cause of me wanting to leave the OC. I have met Ronnie several times over the years and he is a good man on all counts.

Are you really stepping back Maninder, what has preempted this?
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2019, 10:21   #9
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Sarcasm or not, what matters is the understanding and perceptions between Ronnie and yourself. It doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks Writing from experience when Ronnie thanks me in a post, it does feel rather special. It would not be the cause of me wanting to leave the OC. I have met Ronnie several times over the years and he is a good man on all counts.

Naw. It’s like my post above. I bet Maninder had a good time at Ronnie’s.
Old 29th June 2019, 10:51   #10
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post

Surly as the post is public it does matter even if the post is between two members?
Righty or wrongly the wrong perception of someone can be gained through a mis-understanding of what has been written.
It is only now seeing other posts that I understand it was not sarcasm, nasty.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote