Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th June 2010, 22:44   #1
just-john
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer 2.0 CDTi Connoisseur SE Auto

Default 2.0 75 Diesel Auto; Sump and Auto box drain plug sealing washers

Hi Guys.

I've got my new wheels now and very smart she looks too with only one or two minor niggles to sort out.

Although I have the stamped service book and some other documents to support the service history, I'm not confident that the 60,000 mile service was carried out as per the Rover schedule, the previous owner didn't know what work was done and the cost he remembered would suggest that it wasn't too comprehensive. I can get access to my mates 4 post ramp and intend to do the service myself if I can, for my own peace of mind and I have started to collect all the necessary parts beforehand.

My questions are:-
On the list of part numbers posted by Mike, part number ALU1403 Aluminium Sump Plug Washer is listed, but in the box with the new filter is a new 'O' ring and a copper washer. Is the Aluminium washer universal to all engines or is the copper one in the box likely to be the right part?

Likewise with the Auto box, the Drain plug washer is listed as TEB100040L which has been ordered but I can find no mention of the level plug washer number, does anyone know if they are they the same size?

The only other question is 5W/40 Fully Synthetic (to ACEA A3 & B3) or 10W/40 Semi-Synthetic (to ACEA A3 & B3)??
Help please, John.

Last edited by just-john; 7th June 2010 at 22:48.. Reason: Missed a question
just-john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 09:04   #2
steve107
Loves to post

75 cdt tourer diesel

hi the little copper is no good. you need the alu 1403 .you can get from rimmer brothers .
steve107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 10:23   #3
just-john
Regular poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve107 View Post
hi the little copper is no good. you need the alu 1403 .you can get from rimmer brothers .
Thank you Steve.

Could still do with some info on the Auto box level plug washer and oil preference.
Old 8th June 2010, 13:19   #4
steve107
Loves to post

75 cdt tourer diesel

also if you want to chang the 2 green seals in the oil filter they are at the bottom of the cap that you take off .not the big one .you can get from a bmw dealer the part numbers are 11 42 1 744 001 and 11 42 0 006 836 you may have to order but only thakes a few day ,cost about £4 ish for both i normaly get 2 sets you can not get these waskers from ex rover or rimmers they only sell the whole plastic top half for ?£30 ish i will have a look for the other washer as the parts disc is play up .the only part numbers i can find are TGZ100060 PLUG,-TGZ000020A-PLUG MAGNET,TGF100060 -PLUG,TEB100040-SEALING WASHER, the oil i would think would be atf it says texaco n402 in hayes manual. 1.6litres from dry and 1.4 drain and refill

Last edited by steve107; 8th June 2010 at 14:00..
steve107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 21:32   #5
jn12
Gets stuck in

MG ZT SE 180 V6 Sports Auto

Hi John,

I tried everywhere and could not get a level plug sealing washer, ended up using the same one again, Have checked it a few times and no leaks.

I have done my fluid twice to flush out as much as possible since you can only drain about 4L at a time. The other 4 is still around the gubbins on the box. It is deffo worth doing my box behaves much better.

This is the fluid you need (dont get anything else as this will wreck the box)

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-VYK000040

there is a guide in the how to section and the haynes manual is also good. It is a tricky procedure as if the level is to low or high it could cause problems so good luck!

As for the engine oil, im sure read somewhere 10w40 is what MG Rover recomends sure a diesel owner will be along to confirm shortly.

regards
John

Last edited by jn12; 8th June 2010 at 21:35.. Reason: typo
jn12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 22:22   #6
just-john
Regular poster

Thanks John and Steve.

I've already got the two small BMW 'O' rings, also now, the ALU1403 washer for the sump plug.

The transmission fluid I've got from a local MG Rover parts supplier who also, incidentally recommended the 5W/40 fully synthetic against MG Rovers own 10W/40 semi synthetic, this was also echoed in the BMW parts place as being the better choice, .

As you say John, the level plug washer is elusive, it doesn't appear on their computer system at all as an MG Rover part, however, they do have a Freelander part which is the plug and washer in one packet which their MG Rover guy of many years experience says is the same, I'll let you know.

-John.
Old 8th June 2010, 22:34   #7
jn12
Gets stuck in

Glad you have got the right fluid, should be red in colour and smell awfull just wait until you see the stuff you drain off!

I went to Land rover dealer to have a look at the part they use on the freelander, the plug was differant and was not sure the washer would have been any use, plus you had to buy the two bits costing around £10.

By the way did you manage to get the gear box sump washer ok? Not sure if rimmers have these back in.

John
Old 8th June 2010, 22:47   #8
just-john
Regular poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jn12 View Post
I went to Land rover dealer to have a look at the part they use on the freelander, the plug was differant and was not sure the washer would have been any use, plus you had to buy the two bits costing around £10.
By the way did you manage to get the gear box sump washer ok? Not sure if rimmers have these back in. John
Hmmm, they'll have the landy part in for me tomorrow so I'll just have to look and see, I don't have to buy it so if it's no use I'll let them keep it and risk re-using the old washer , knowing my luck it'll split or something.

The transmission sump plug washer I got two of, thinking that there would be a chance that the level plug might be the same?

-John.
Old 8th June 2010, 23:02   #9
jn12
Gets stuck in

Unfortunatly the level plug and washer are much smaller, im sure you will get away with it, as mentioned ive done mine twice and been lucky. Let us know how you get on and if you notice a differance.