Notices

Closed Thread

Old 20th December 2020, 12:29   #621
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh007 View Post
I fear 2021 will be no different, just an endless cycle of restrictions, lockdowns, tiers etc!

They appear to have no way out of this sorry mess & I would imagine not one person knows what the actual 'rules' are!
When the penny eventually drops that nothing will stop this virus from naturally occurring and evolving, with the economy trashed and our kids burdened , I would not like to be in the experts shoes.
Old 21st December 2020, 08:01   #622
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
If the daughter is not coping mentally and they are travelling to support their daughter I do not consider that selfish. It is what parents do.
what has the value of the property go to do with anything?

macafee2
I can assure you that this planned trip is absolutely not justified. It is pure selfishness. However it ain't going to happen now as flights to the Netherlands have been cancelled. As to property values? Its called exercising privilege in order to bend the rules for personal gain. I take your point but from what I know the daughter is little more than a spoilt brat.
Old 21st December 2020, 15:17   #623
mh007
This is my second home

MG ZT260 SE, MG ZT190+, MG ZTT 160, R75 Conn SE 2.0, R75 Conn SE 2.5 X 3, R75 Club SE 1.8, P5B Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovel View Post
When the penny eventually drops that nothing will stop this virus from naturally occurring and evolving, with the economy trashed and our kids burdened , I would not like to be in the experts shoes.
Totally agree with you!
Old 21st December 2020, 21:23   #624
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Question

I guess some viruses do happen naturally, but re this one?
Old 22nd December 2020, 06:41   #625
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts
Default Don't Anybody Say This Is Not Real!

Some are still suggesting this s all B.S., stay safe and wary.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-eng...herts-55369349
Old 22nd December 2020, 07:02   #626
Alf Best
Avid contributor

MG-ZTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
Some are still suggesting this s all B.S., stay safe and wary.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-eng...herts-55369349

I don't doubt the existence of C-19 Fred, I simply think the way it is being dealt with is, putting it kindly somewhat suspect.

Lovel has hit the nail on the head, this is something when looked at restospectively, will quite rightly be scrutinised.

In answer to your link, all very sad for the woman concerned, but it is sadly yet another example of the distasteful way in which C-19 is reported examining individual cases in minute detail.

I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment of exercising caution in the way you conduct your life, but not at all in the way this is being dictated to all by those in authority.

It has descended into farcical knee jerk decisions, made by a set of individuals so far removed from reality as to be laughable.

Alf
Old 22nd December 2020, 08:18   #627
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

One should be taking sensible precautions that shouldn't have to be enforced by others. Sometimes people have to be made aware of the possible consequences to bring it home. For some unfortunately the after effects can be catastrophic, the majority hopefully only have mild, temporary problems.

I am more than thankful that I am not involved in the decision making, nor the enforcement of those decisions.

The NHS will be under more pressure than they have seen after this "festive" season, good luck to them.

Last edited by planenut; 22nd December 2020 at 08:21..
Old 22nd December 2020, 09:08   #628
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Do we know which nightingale hospitals are being used, if any at all and if they are being used then what for? Covid 19 patients, or for the roll out of injections.

I doubt they are even being used, so that is another waste of money and resources, very poor decisions from the start of this pandemic, the politicians are running round themselves one not knowing what the other is doing, its all lip service, its not hard to make a black & white decision, yes you can no you can't.

Clear cut decisions is what we need not keep U turning after you have woke and thought about it again.

All these will have something to answer for when it is studied in detail in the future then you will get the run around again worst part about it all, we stand for it.

The Rt Hon Boris Johnson MP. Prime Minister, First Lord of the Treasury, Minister for the Union, Minister for the Civil Service.
The Rt Hon Rishi Sunak MP. ...
The Rt Hon Dominic Raab MP. ...
The Rt Hon Priti Patel MP. ...
The Rt Hon Michael Gove MP. ...
The Rt Hon Robert Buckland QC MP. ...
The Rt Hon Ben Wallace MP. ...
The Rt Hon Matt Hancock MP.

There are more than above i think all have been stood on the podium one time or another, reporting on the C19 why ? would it have not been better to stick to the same three people so we know and they know what it going on.

That's my little rant for the next 6 months, until we can venture out again with a little freedom by the way i am a mask wearer at all times when out.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Old 22nd December 2020, 09:30   #629
vitesse

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
“Those in Authority” are easy targets being damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

I am certain that if those in “authority” had a crystal ball or a TARDIS then better decisions would be made.

But those of us in the real world understand that with every government in the world grappling with this very real issue, it is hardly a problem specific just to the U.K.!!! Sometimes things do not go as planned, wild cards exist - and googly’s get thrown.

I think given the recent U Turns the Swedish Government has been forced to undertake after even their King went on record saying that their mor lax response to the virus has cost lives, is a clear indication that the post event analysis is going to be both interesting and painful.
U turn? Some new restrictions / recommendations have come into play but a U turn suggests that Sweden has adopted the hugely successful practices of other European countries like England.

We now have new restrictions on the number of people in a group in a restaurant down from eight to four, and from Dec 24th alcohol is no longer served after 8pm. People who can’t avoid public transport are recommended to use facemasks at certain peak times (although no-one knows when as these peak times have yet to be decided). Shops and shopping centers face possible crowd control measures, and the government are encouraging the post Christmas sales to be scrapped (but the shop keepers say they can’t).

Unfortunately our ICU nurses are still overburdened, beds are available but there’s a shortage of staff. One of our grandchildren works there and she’s busy training nurses from other areas under city council control who have come in to take some of the weight off the current county council staff. These non-ICU nurses get paid about £300 more a month than she does. Promises of pay reviews have evaporated, while managers get paid more than twice as much. When I saw her last week she was happy, she’d been accepted at the local university college for a three year upgrade to her education - her boss was less happy.

Visited our local Lidl yesterday and noticed more people voluntarily using facemasks but still a very small minority. No crowd control, people acting sensibly with adequate spacing while waiting at the tills. Life goes on, as it must.
Old 22nd December 2020, 11:15   #630
vitesse

Rover 75 Saloon

Just goes to show how much you can trust the press to present the facts especially those experienced by people actually living here. And while the Swedish King does live here I doubt he really knows/experiences daily life for the common man. But he's right that the majority of care homes have been failed, and failed by successive governments, but some have recorded no deaths and hopefully there's a very late lesson to be learnt.

Here's a link to Sweden's Public Health Agency you might find useful rather than trusting what's reported in the papers: https://www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se/.../covid-19-faq/ in English too!

Quite interesting to see the advice on face masks hasn't changed - so much for a U turn. Wasn't there a scene in the film "Chernobyl" where someone asks if the masks / ventilators work? The reply was something like "if they did they'd be wearing them". When I see Tegnell wearing one then I might too.

Hope you find the link of interest
Closed Thread