Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th February 2007, 19:33   #21
Countach
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex30013k View Post
£1100

Should go down but up as well in march,

:SHOCKED:

My last renewal was £478:80 (ZT-T 190)
thats in a very low risk area, No travel to work, 10000miles....
I personally insure 2 other cars, and I'm a named driver on 3 others.

BTW what do you think of your provider? I WILL NOT be renewing with direct line even if it costs me £100 more. I was driving a friends car when a bus made a crash unavoidable, Direct Line claim I was only covered 3rd party (not according to my translation of my documents) and won't back me up over the claim because there are no independent witnesses! now taking legal advice (££:SHOCKED: :SHOCKED: )
Countach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2007, 20:17   #22
Ratdogfink
Loves to post

£290. full comp. 2003 1.8t conni se. Full NCD. Churchill. wife included. Protected NCD no legal cover.
While i'm at it, legal cover covers things that are not insured. Like what? Where theres blame theres a claim, so, any soliciter will be very happy to get back your uninsured losses (what ever these might be) on a no win no fee baisis. I don't bother with this leagal cover stuff, why when I buy insurance, the only thing I buy that I don't want to use, does my insurance company want me to pay more for a service i will not use, if someone runs into my car i will sue the NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- out of them, just watch the telly for a No win no fee soliciter. If you do run into my car expect me to sue you to the bone. LOL. get some money off, don't get the legal cover, what would you want it for, and do you intend using it in the next years cover. NO.
Ratdogfink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2007, 20:23   #23
Ratdogfink
Loves to post

If you have fully comp most insurers will cover you to drive a car "with the owners permission", USUALLY this cover is TPFF only. It stops an insured driver with TPFF smashing his car and asking his mate to say he was driving to get FC cover. You might find you are on sticky ground with this one. Good luck.
Ratdogfink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2007, 21:15   #24
mach1rob
Gets stuck in

Currently my premium has dropped to £260 approx from the £400 I was paying for the Ti, however confused has got this down to just over the £200 mark, so I'm sure with some ring around and some adjustments to the truth of best quote so far can get it a bit lower. It really does help if you knock £50 off a quoted price when ringing someone else! Surprising how many turn round and say oh we can better that and do! Do I feel guilty for lying? Do I eck as like!
Oh and that's FC 10yrs NCB me and SWAMBO inc commuting, think I still have a 5k mileage on it even though I asked them to remove it! Also have free track day cover if I want to blat it around a circuit
Saga wouldn't quote for me, even though I protested that they were ageist, and I had been know to tune into their radio station while in the Midlands once or twice!
mach1rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2007, 16:07   #25
Time Searcher
Loves to post

ZT-T+ 120 MkII XPwr Grey Commission # 31647

Somewhat intrigued by this thread, so last night I did a search and came up with some rather good quotes -
06 Reg. ZTT 120; Myself and wife; Comprehensive cover; 8 years NCD; £100 excess; Garaged; got 8 quotes at under £125 - Best one was from The Post Office at £88 plus £24 for Legal Cover. My current Insurers, the AA suggested £172, I'm paying £227 at the moment, Guess what I'll be doing - Bye Bye AA, or am I tempting fate? To trawl through all of the quotes to see what they really cover is going to be a long job, methinks!
Martin
Time Searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2007, 17:26   #26
mach1rob
Gets stuck in

Sometimes the cheapest isn't necessarily the best, you do need to check what they actually will cover, and read the small print carefully, as the old saying goes, no such thing as a free lunch! However, if you're happy with the service provided by the AA then they're a very handy bargaining tool at renewal when you throw "but company XX will cover me for £YYY, what are you going to do about it?" at them! You'll be surprised just how much extra they can suddenly save on your renewal They tend to hope you're one of those people who automatically renew without shopping around, one thing I've not done for several years now
mach1rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2007, 18:53   #27
Time Searcher
Loves to post

ZT-T+ 120 MkII XPwr Grey Commission # 31647

I actually have my Home Contents and Structure Insurance covered too, as part of a 'Deal' with AA - some Deal I don't think, it's been there for 3 years now so I shall be on the look out come renewal time,
Martin
Time Searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2007, 19:51   #28
austin_1100
Loves to post

MG ZT-T/ZT

Well, mines gone down to £875... From orginial price of over £1000 quoted on the renewal. I shopped around on confused got 6 cheaper quotes - also got someone elses renewal docs with mine. So complained. So my insurer came down to a middling price. I was happy enough.

Under 25! LOL Always more expensive!

Cheers,

Michael T
Old 12th February 2007, 09:19   #29
maxi_crawf
Posted a thing or two

R75 Saloon Conn CDT SE, MG ZT190+

Talking

R75 CDT CONN SE 2001,
valued at £5,000
Comperhensive insurance

age 46
5 years no claims
Social,domestic & pleasure

Post office (norwich union)

£269.00
then you get £50 worth of postal orders:SHOCKED:
so it works out at.

£219

good old post office

not bad eh!

maxi-crawf
maxi_crawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2007, 09:24   #30
maxi_crawf
Posted a thing or two

R75 Saloon Conn CDT SE, MG ZT190+

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratdogfink View Post
£290. full comp. 2003 1.8t conni se. Full NCD. Churchill. wife included. Protected NCD no legal cover.
While i'm at it, legal cover covers things that are not insured. Like what? Where theres blame theres a claim, so, any soliciter will be very happy to get back your uninsured losses (what ever these might be) on a no win no fee baisis. I don't bother with this leagal cover stuff, why when I buy insurance, the only thing I buy that I don't want to use, does my insurance company want me to pay more for a service i will not use, if someone runs into my car i will sue the NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- out of them, just watch the telly for a No win no fee soliciter. If you do run into my car expect me to sue you to the bone. LOL. get some money off, don't get the legal cover, what would you want it for, and do you intend using it in the next years cover. NO.
the only problem is if you sue and win,and they dont have any money and very little assets.

maxi_crawf
maxi_crawf is offline   Reply With Quote