Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th June 2011, 18:19   #1
chrislloydie
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 135 CDTI+ Auto Royal Blue with Synergy 2. 75 Tourer cdti club Se Auto, Royal Blue, synergy 2

Default Swapping standard bullets for skullcap powerfolds

As some of you may have read, I recently bought a 2002 75 tourer diesel for er indoors. Now, the tourer came with Royal blue skullcap powerfolds fitted and she has agreed to me swapping them for my royal blue non folding bullets.

So my question is, how straightforward a job is this likely to be?

Im working on her to let me have the FBH out of the tourer too!

chrislloydie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 18:59   #2
Typhoon190
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190 Monogram Typhoon

You will need to source some looms for your doors, or swap these aswell, as it's more than likely they're missing. Remove and disconnect drivers window switch. If there are two free terminals in the white connector block, looms are missing.

If you speak to Paul ( Raistlin on the community forum ) he may be able to help you with the looms.

Mirrors etc are a straight swap, using the existing fittings from each type of mirror. Skullcaps have 3 self tappers per side, bullitts use one M5 bolt and 2 M5 nuts I think.

Easiest way IMHO to fit the powerfold looms is door removal, although it can be done without. Using the originals, the doors will have to come off.

Midlands nano in a few weeks, or if you can't make it, give me a shout and I'll help.
Typhoon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 19:03   #3
chrislloydie
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 135 CDTI+ Auto Royal Blue with Synergy 2. 75 Tourer cdti club Se Auto, Royal Blue, synergy 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon190 View Post
You will need to source some looms for your doors, or swap these aswell, as it's more than likely they're missing. Remove and disconnect drivers window switch. If there are two free terminals in the white connector block, looms are missing.

If you speak to Paul ( Raistlin on the community forum ) he may be able to help you with the looms.

Mirrors etc are a straight swap, using the existing fittings from each type of mirror. Skullcaps have 3 self tappers per side, bullitts use one M5 bolt and 2 M5 nuts I think.

Easiest way IMHO to fit the powerfold looms is door removal, although it can be done without. Using the originals, the doors will have to come off.

Midlands nano in a few weeks, or if you can't make it, give me a shout and I'll help.
Cheers Ben, Ill be at the Midlands Nano in July, there for both the Saturday and Sunday and we will have both cars there too. I'll have a look in the zt and see if the looms are in place, if so I'll give it a go myself. If not then I'm gonna need some help.

chrislloydie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 21:37   #4
Thomas
This is my second home

MG6 1.8T GT SE

Moved to technical help forum