Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th November 2018, 18:56   #1
rrobson
I really should get out more.......

75 tourer cdti, MG ZS 180, nissan terrano & 1.8t rover 25

Default Rover 75 2.5 v6 Connie se tourer in chatsworth for sale

It is with a heavy heart I put my car up for sale. One of the main driving forces is the sheer cost to run. I have been commuting 110 miles 3-4 times a week recently and it's costing £25 a day. But the other is it is in dire need of some serious tlc and I don't have the time or desire to do it myself.

We'll kick of with the good.
The car has been almost 100% reliable. It has let me down once earlier this year whereby the water pump sprang a leak. It was subsequently fixed with a new pump, belts and associated pulleys and tensioners. The engine in general is in very fine fettle, and has been regularly serviced. The car has covered a below average mileage of 126700, with myself doing 22000 of those miles over the last 4 years of ownership.
The interior is also in a very tidy condition even though the car has been used as a bit of a shed. It's got heated seats, cruise control, parking sensors (although they don't work) a towbar and all the other goodies you get with a Connie se.
It is also one of 22 chatsworth tourers, of which it is the only facelift 2.5 Connie se according to the build website.

Now for the bad (deep breath)
First off the exterior is wrecked. If an insurer looked at it it would have been written off. The only undamaged panel is the roof, and maybe a wing, otherwise there is scratches, dents, chips etc. The main issues are the passenger sill which I pushed in on a high kerb (and filled with filler) but I do have a sill cut off a scrap tourer ready to weld in and paint and a replacement door. On the other side it has pink paint splattered down the drivers side.
Next, the suspension is tired. I replaced the front springs and shocks 3 years ago, but the front arms are shot, the associated bushes are non-existent, the drop links need replacing, the arb bushes need replacing, it's got at least one broken spring at the rear.
It also makes a bit of a strange noise. It's not something I've heard a car make before, but I think I've narrowed it down the the gearbox. It drives fine and changes gear no problem and I'm certain it's not engine related because if it were it would have certainly got worse over the last year. But I haven't investigated any further.
Another fault is the parking sensors work.
The towbar electrics don't work
It needs rear brakes
It needs a good service

Basically it needs someone to take it in and lavish it with time and money. I'm pricing high because I don't want it to end up being a breaker and this is the value I give it if I were to break it. If it doesn't sell I'll be removing all the useable spares and scrapping it.

The price is £500 no offers. I do have facilities to deliver but distance dependant. However, it does still have one month mot so can be legally driven before Dec 20th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VIS motor tester avalible to local members

Injector removal tool and auto gearbox pressure tester now available

Last edited by rrobson; 8th November 2018 at 19:00..
rrobson is offline   Reply With Quote