Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th November 2020, 20:38   #1
kuga3

kuga

Default Paypal payments

Dont quite understand this I`ve just sold something on EBAY and now have to give Ebay my bank account details and sort code so that they can pay the money into this account direct , thereby bypassing Paypal ? I also give them the right to extract any monies and refunds to customers ! what !!!! I must be missing something I think ?
kuga3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2020, 20:41   #2
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuga3 View Post
Dont quite understand this I`ve just sold something on EBAY and now have to give Ebay my bank account details and sort code so that they can pay the money into this account direct , thereby bypassing Paypal ? I also give them the right to extract any monies and refunds to customers ! what !!!! I must be missing something I think ?

From what I've read Ebay was to stop using paypal for online payments this year. https://www.salehoo.com/blog/ebay-br...ff-with-paypal

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2020, 20:45   #3
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

we are still getting paypal payments for stuff we sell on ebay

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2020, 21:13   #4
kuga3

kuga

Your payouts are on hold until you update your account details. Please update by 23 Dec, 2020 to avoid further restrictions. this on my home page now --nothing credited on my Paypal
Old 27th November 2020, 11:58   #5
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Think it might be something to do with confirming your identity to conform with money laundering regulations.
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2020, 12:01   #6
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

PayPal Holdings, Inc. is an American company operating a worldwide online payments system that supports online money transfers and serves as an electronic alternative to traditional paper methods like checks and money orders. The company operates as a payment processor for online vendors, auction sites, and many other commercial users, for which it charges a fee in exchange for benefits such as one-click transactions and password memory.

Established in 1998 as Confinity, PayPal had its initial public offering in 2002. It became a wholly owned subsidiary of eBay later that year, valued at $1.5 billion. In 2015, eBay spun off PayPal to eBay's shareholders. The company ranked 204th on the 2019 Fortune 500 of the largest United States corporations by revenue.

So, eBay and PayPal are now 2 seperate companies .
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2020, 12:11   #7
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Your payouts are on hold until you update your account details. Please update by 23 Dec, 2020 to avoid further restrictions. this on my home page now --nothing credited on my Paypal
Is there anything on your PayPal account about it, ie are your bank details.correct.

Also.did the buyer pay with PayPal or another payment method?

PayPal.are.who pay you, so they hold the account info, as I understood it regarding money laundering issues ...... if that payment was made by the seller via paypal.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2020, 12:14   #8
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-45 View Post
PayPal Holdings, Inc. is an American company operating a worldwide online payments system that supports online money transfers and serves as an electronic alternative to traditional paper methods like checks and money orders. The company operates as a payment processor for online vendors, auction sites, and many other commercial users, for which it charges a fee in exchange for benefits such as one-click transactions and password memory.

Established in 1998 as Confinity, PayPal had its initial public offering in 2002. It became a wholly owned subsidiary of eBay later that year, valued at $1.5 billion. In 2015, eBay spun off PayPal to eBay's shareholders. The company ranked 204th on the 2019 Fortune 500 of the largest United States corporations by revenue.

So, eBay and PayPal are now 2 seperate companies .
Soon to be apparently, ebay will use another payment company (according to the link), as its 'associated' payment partner with paypal still being used until 2023.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2020, 13:59   #9
kuga3

kuga

As i read it Paypal is in use for purchases only --If you sell now your payment is handled by Ebay only , and paid directly into your current a/c , hence having to give them your bank details --which I am very loathe to do . Never been happy about my bank details held elsewhere with only lip service as security !
Old 27th November 2020, 17:31   #10
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
As i read it Paypal is in use for purchases only --If you sell now your payment is handled by Ebay only , and paid directly into your current a/c , hence having to give them your bank details --which I am very loathe to do . Never been happy about my bank details held elsewhere with only lip service as security !
Open another current a/c for eBay usage. Do not put your life savings into it. Do not get despondent when the buyer complains and is refunded whilst keeping the merchandise et al.

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote