Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th July 2012, 21:11   #1
190SETOURING
Posted a thing or two

MG ZTT 180se,MG ZT 260se Monogram

Default Help needed! D/D gone awol.

Hi all, have one of these radioguy head units but not to long ago it started playing up! everytime you switched it on it would switch from radio or cd and go to Navi-on but just a blue screen would come on,if you tap the screen or touch a button it would go back but just for a few seconds and again back to blue screen. The sat nav worked but you had to scroll the buttons to find it,well i let a computer guru look at it and now it just has a blue and white cloudy screen and sat nav dosent work at all, he told me that it had an option to shut it down and he did! and now there is no way of bringing it back and of course the manual that comes with these is poor by any standard so im stuck. Can anybody help? Thanks.
190SETOURING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 21:18   #2
Steve916
This is my second home

Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE and a Ford S-Max Titanium

Hi,
Now there's a bit of luck. You're in Huntingdon, I'm in Huntingdon
I have the same unit. The cloudy screen is usually when a major software fault has caused wince to malfunction. You can try pressing the little reset pin at the top of the unit. This will cause it to hard boot again, but if your sd card contains faulty software then it will cause the same fault.
I am going away in the morning ( Tuesday) and will be back Friday evening, so if you haven't solved it by then, let me know and you can bring it round for me to have a look at

Edit.... Don't set it to auto shutdown. That causes problems.
Plenums, bonnet release mod, handbrake compensator (arctic), rear parking sensors, coolant level sensor (Vindaloo), DRL's, Fan resistor upgrade ( Jules), Marmite lighting, Auto dimming rear view mirror, twin horns, fog lights, real walnut dash, walnut gear knob, Sean DD unit with DVB-T, message centre ipk, electric sun blind, auto opening boot lid, walnut steering wheel, electric seats

Link to my Auto Boot Lift Mod
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=114273
Steve916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 21:26   #3
190SETOURING
Posted a thing or two

Cheers Steve, its my fathers car so i will have to get my hands on it. i dont know why this guy decided to shut it down but there dosent seem to be any way of restarting it, tried reset nothing happens.
Old 16th July 2012, 21:30   #4
Steve916
This is my second home

Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE and a Ford S-Max Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 190SETOURING View Post
Cheers Steve, its my fathers car so i will have to get my hands on it. i dont know why this guy decided to shut it down but there dosent seem to be any way of restarting it, tried reset nothing happens.
I had the cloudy screen on mine once when I was trying to install some obd software on it I removed the sd card and then reset the unit without the card in. Then I reloaded the card with the satnav software and put back in the car. All ok again. Did you try resetting without the card in?
Give me a shout anytime you can get hold of the car and I'll take a look.
Plenums, bonnet release mod, handbrake compensator (arctic), rear parking sensors, coolant level sensor (Vindaloo), DRL's, Fan resistor upgrade ( Jules), Marmite lighting, Auto dimming rear view mirror, twin horns, fog lights, real walnut dash, walnut gear knob, Sean DD unit with DVB-T, message centre ipk, electric sun blind, auto opening boot lid, walnut steering wheel, electric seats

Link to my Auto Boot Lift Mod
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=114273
Steve916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 21:32   #5
190SETOURING
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve916 View Post
I had the cloudy screen on mine once when I was trying to install some obd software on it I removed the sd card and then reset the unit without the card in. Then I reloaded the card with the satnav software and put back in the car. All ok again. Did you try resetting without the card in?
Give me a shout anytime you can get hold of the car and I'll take a look.
Cheers for that i will let you know.
Old 16th July 2012, 22:09   #6
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 190SETOURING View Post
Cheers for that i will let you know.
If its a blue/grey screen on the satnav, then WinCE has crashed.

Try disconnecting FL3 (fuselink 3) in the under bonnet fuse panel for a few minutes. Its a large fuse bolted down with two philips screws.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 12:43   #7
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
If its a blue/grey screen on the satnav, then WinCE has crashed.

Try disconnecting FL3 (fuselink 3) in the under bonnet fuse panel for a few minutes. Its a large fuse bolted down with two philips screws.
I Also have the Firmware should you need to do a reflash of the WinCE
But a Hard reset like Harry describes should fix you up.
Sean
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 13:15   #8
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Yupn can confirm what others have said - a reset is all that is needed.

I had the same issue and following advice from Sean disconnected the power for a period. All is now well.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote