Notices

Old 5th February 2021, 19:58   #31
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Only twice outside of my house have I seen a hot water "ring main". Hot water pumped from the cylinder to other rooms and back to the cylinder. This means when the hot tap is opened hot water only has to travel "5" feet

macafee2
Before I retired I ran a number of building sites.--Pictured below is one of them.--This had the type of central heating you mention in your post. Instant hot water anywhere in the rather large mansion.

It also had under floor heating in the rooms with marble floors. The rest of the floors were in oak.---Also some really beautiful marble fireplaces in different colours in a number of rooms.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Duke of Somerset's house..jpg (146.2 KB, 27 views)
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2021, 12:01   #32
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Only twice outside of my house have I seen a hot water "ring main". Hot water pumped from the cylinder to other rooms and back to the cylinder. This means when the hot tap is opened hot water only has to travel "5" feet

macafee2
Do you have that Ring Main system in your house ???---If so, did you install it yourself ??---
Old 16th February 2021, 17:14   #33
hst125
Loves to post

2004 ZTT CDTi manual, 2017 Fiat 500L MPW, 1946 MG TC

Oh well the house has fallen through...
Still, I’ll use all this discussion to my advantage, I’ve realised I can swap out my combi for a system boiler still up in the gable loft, and fit a horizontal unvented cylinder in the chalet eaves right behind the bath, and above the kitchen, for about the same cost as a new combi. Not too hard to relocate the CH flow/return there either, just cut into it and delete the dead legs.
To be fair our 14yr old Vaillant has never really played us up, but the street pressure round here doesn’t give it the output I had elsewhere with exactly the same boiler.
I’ve got the Stuart Turner boost pump here now, could that be retained to charge up the unvented cylinder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 16th February 2021, 21:09   #34
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hst125 View Post
Oh well the house has fallen through...
Still, I’ll use all this discussion to my advantage, I’ve realised I can swap out my combi for a system boiler still up in the gable loft, and fit a horizontal unvented cylinder in the chalet eaves right behind the bath, and above the kitchen, for about the same cost as a new combi. Not too hard to relocate the CH flow/return there either, just cut into it and delete the dead legs.
To be fair our 14yr old Vaillant has never really played us up, but the street pressure round here doesn’t give it the output I had elsewhere with exactly the same boiler.
I’ve got the Stuart Turner boost pump here now, could that be retained to charge up the unvented cylinder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Better luck next time.---

I suppose you could say the house pictured below fell through as well.---

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Looking for gas leaks with a match !!.jpg (102.2 KB, 8 views)