Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th January 2019, 10:17   #11
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

It happens. To a certain extent buying an old car you cant really trust any of the paperwork unless you have had the test done yourself. Mine was the same when i got it, no handbrake at all, lower arm rear bush hanging off with both mounting bolts loose by at least 1cm, and mine had 11 months still on its certificate. No doubt issued by the garage that performed its servicing. Its one reason why i only use MOT places that dont do anything else. It has flown through 4 MOTs since then and the car is a dream to drive.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2019, 11:44   #12
Roderick
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Connoissuer SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lawrence View Post
It happens. To a certain extent buying an old car you cant really trust any of the paperwork unless you have had the test done yourself. Mine was the same when i got it, no handbrake at all, lower arm rear bush hanging off with both mounting bolts loose by at least 1cm, and mine had 11 months still on its certificate. No doubt issued by the garage that performed its servicing. Its one reason why i only use MOT places that dont do anything else. It has flown through 4 MOTs since then and the car is a dream to drive.

I quite agree. Having had a not so good MOT done locally (Ledbury) by a garage who was very patronising of car clubs, essentially saying "leave it to the professionals" – I have not been back since. Now I make an annual pilgrimage to Jules in North Wales for a service, any work needing doing AND arranging for an MOT at a local place to him. They charge full whack but the last 3 MOTs have all been passes.
I have however, used another good 'emergency' garage local to me when I had to have both front springs replaced.

The MOT and it's administration does seem to require a bit of an overhaul itself though by the sound of things, not fit for purpose perhaps?
Old 23rd January 2019, 18:41   #13
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts
Default Time to put an end to this

Right I think it's about time I put an end to Dave whining and lay out all the details on what's been going on from the offset including all the nonsense from Dave to show how much of a nightmare buyer he's been.

First off, just to put all the conspiracy theorists straight, no I do not have any connection with the MOT garage I use. I use Wickford Garage as it is round the corner from my mechanic Kevin at MG Rover Repair in Wickford which is convenient, especially if I need to get bits done which come up as a fail on an MOT as I can take it down the road to Kev to have fixed and then back again. Don't know the guys that work there apart from the guy who's always at the front desk is called Matt, and that a few of the mechanics there take an interest in my Typhoon ZT. That's it, nothing more, nothing less. I don't know how many MOT testers they have there, if they're only 1 tester or more. I think there's 2 or more guys who do the MOT tests there, but don't know for sure. Don't know if they've changed MOT testers there over the last year either.

And just to prove my cars don't make it through with dodgy passes, here's all the times any car I've taken there has failed:

OUR TF: J14DKF

Result of 1st MOT after purchasing the car and already having to spend over £750 on it on a new gearbox, clutch, slave and replacement rear subframe immediately after buying the car.

Hadn't noticed that due to a tracking issue both rear tyres had been wearing on the inner edge, so whilst the rest of the tyres had 3-4mm on them the inner edge was worn. So on top of the money spent above we had to get new rear tyres fitted, and get the 4 wheel alignment and tracking done which from memory totaled to another £250ish.

No here's the second MOT in our ownership, failed gain. MOT tester spotted a rusty area on the sill, didn't have any holes but after poking at it he was able to push a hole through. Called us in to show us and had to get that fixed. + other bits we had to get done.

MY DAD's 75: GX04 YHC 2 x MOT failures.

Similar issues on both failures as we kept having issues with the front nearside wishbone arm ball joint bush which kept failing, couldn't work out why as we were fitting expensive top quality wishbone arms with the bushes. After some advice on here we decided to change the hub with the suspension arm and bush and has been fine since. Number plate bulbs, well they're a common problem and it's due to the bulb holders on the 75, just typical they throw a hissy fit around MOT time twice.

MY FIANCE's FIESTA: EJ58 ABV

Failed on front snapped coil spring and one worn brake pad on 14th November 2018, this was tested after I'd had the 75 tested there. All sorted by the garage and retested.

All of the above test failures occurred before Dave contacted the MOT garage or reported them.

My ZT-T

More recently I had my ZT-T MOT'd there. I knew it wouldn't pass as I knew it would fail on brake discs and also the front nearside wishbone arm bush but thought I'd put it through anyway to see if they pick up on this + if they find any other issues I wasn't aware of. Well they failed it on those exact problems and again called me out to show me the issues + to point out 2 areas on the sills where they are starting show signs of rusting but are still structurally solid.

So there you go, hardly looks like an MOT garage "I know" and can get cars passed through dodgy MOT's does it?

And if anyone doubts these cars were MOT'd at the same garage, pop me a PM and I'll send you scans of the MOT certificates with the MOT garage address on them.

Now that bit's cleared up, let's talk about Dave. So I list my 75 up for sale here with an extensive detailed long description to cover everything I know about the car and everything I've done to it parts replacements and modifications wise. See here:https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=288710

The car was advertised at £2500, which I thought was the best reasonable price taking into consideration what it is i.e. a mki 75 connoisseur SE auto with sandstone beige interior which is pretty desirable, in a more popular and desirable colour (generally - not everyone likes the colour), relatively low mileage at just shy of 83k (again desirable point) and then with all the modifications and add ons I'd added to the car which as explained in the add is worth around £1100 including the mechanical bits I'd done such as full service including oil filter, fuel filter, spark plugs, oil etc, new back box, new brake discs and pads all round. So really Dave only paid £1400 for the car itself if you look at it that way. I also took into account the price of similar top spec 75's in more desirable colours and similar mileage (which were hard to find I may add), so thought the car was priced pretty fairly. I also took into account that the car had been stood for a total of 7 years (again stated in the add) and also the negative points such as dents and scratches (again all stated clearly in the add), as anyone knows leaving a car stood for a long period of time doesn't do it any good. So anyone with common sense would think there could possibly be things that could potentially fail or need replacing soon once the car has been used for a while and put under stress, well that would be my thinking anyway. If the car hadn't been stood for so long and was completely immaculate then it would have been priced for around £3500-£3750. At the end of the day it's a very unique 75 which stands out from the majority, and had a huge following on facebook and massive amounts of interest especially when it went up for sale.

Anyways, after some time this is the first message I receive from Dave interested in the car:

So hello, Dave here thinks I've well under priced the car and thinks he's getting a bargain. Nice compliment but I'm not looking for any more for the car than the asking price.

So after this Dave offers to purchase the car and asks me to book it in with Kevin at MG Rover Repair in Wickford to get the belts, thermostat, water pump etc done prior to him collecting the car. This is without viewing the car at all I might add. I have no problem with doing that, as I'd offered this on the sale add to help the next owner out if they don't have anyone local to them that can do the belts etc competently and at a decent price, if the new owner is willing to pay to have it done with Kevin. Kev does the full belts, water pump, thermostat service with new coolant/antifreeze for £550 all in, which I think is a very good price especially considering I've seen receipts for £1200 for the same job before.

So I book the car in and receive £550 from Dave so I can pass that onto Kevin to pay him for his work, and this is where I start getting vibes that Dave is going to be a pain in the back side buyer. Soon after this I receive these two messages requesting me to start doing more work on the car myself before he comes to collect it.

Hang on, I'm only trying to sell a car here I'm not going to start doing extra work on it for you, and then gets a bit snotty when I refuse to do these bits and sarcastically goes on about how easy it was for him to do a gearbox oil change in the past. In particular the gearbox, no way I'm touching that after the horror stories I've seen on here and other forums where an gearbox oil change has gone horribly wrong to the point it caused total gearbox failure. I mean if you're confident in doing gearbox oil changes through past experience then feel free to do it, I'm not going to do it. What would have been the outcome if I agreed to do it and it did go sour and ended up needing a replacement gearbox? Even makes comments on this when he collected the car.

On top off this he asks me to drive the car all the way to Guildford station and collect him from there so he can drive home from there in the car, as he's coming via train. That's on paper a 1 and a half hour journey for me each way (realistically much closer to 2 hours each way due to the Dartford crossing). And... how am I mean't to get home after you've driven off in the car I drove to Guildford in? Anyways I speak to my fiance and ask if she's willing to drive there in her car with me so I have a lift home, and we agree to do this just to help Dave out, as fair enough he's coming from a long way even though this is a big inconvenience to us as I lose a days work (as I'm self employed) and my fiance loses her day off as most of the core part of the day is spent driving to Guildford and back, + the fuel cost of driving 2 cars there and 1 car back + 3 Dartford toll charges for the crossings. I didn't ask for any extra payment for this, as I thought I'd do it as a favour to another club member, when really I'm loosing out around £300 in work by taking the day out, around £80-£90 in fuel as I put in around £50 in the 75 to get it to Guildford + to leave extra in there so Dave doesn't have to immediately find a petrol station + the toll charges not to mention the little over 5 and a half hours myself and my fiance lost in our day, as it took us around 2 hours each way, in torrential rain (really was horrendous conditions to drive in, could barely see on the motorway), the hour or so time taken whilst we were with Dave and the stop off on the way home to get food as we were staving after all this. I mean even if i were to charge £30 an hour of our time that would be a total of £300 + toll charges + fuel cost.

so I agree to take the car to Guildford, and then he starts being awkward about a date and time to meet him there, as the dates we were available to take the car there were such an inconvenience to him. I can only do a day when my fiance is off work so she can get me back home. Starts asking if I can do evenings, well no I'm not going to get my fiance to take our 5 hours of her evening after a 9 hour shift at work, we'd be getting home gone midnight. Eventually we managed to agree on a date that worked for all of us.

So we get there and collect Dave from the station, he takes it for a test drive and starts complaining that the v6 doesn't "feel fast" compared to his diesel. Well they are completely different cars mate and diesels tend to feel quicker due to the torque. Says he's disappointed with the power delivery, well that's not my fault MG Rover made the engine like that! Starts basically hinting that he recons somethings wrong with the engine. Which he carries on going on about in this thread here: https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=289751

Says he's booking it in with a t4 operator to check what's wrong despite my explanations that the v6 and diesel are very different cars, and that when comparing my dad's diesel auto to this v6 auto, the diesel felt faster due to the torque.Well conclusion was nothing was wrong with the car as stated in BigRuss' reply in post 15 on that thread. Bet that was disappointing for you Dave, thought you could try and get me to pay for more repairs there did you?

Anyways whilst we're about on the test drive, I tell Dave to put his foot down and use the rev range to get the best out of the power, which he never does even once in the test drive. We'll if you're going to only take it up to 3.5k - 4k revs you're not going to get the best out of it. Then going down a dual carriage way looking for somewhere to stop he slams on the brakes as he finds a small slip road he wants to stop in last minute and almost causes my Fiance who was following behind us to get rear ended by an Audi that was behind her... you may remember someone sounding the horn Dave when you did that, that was the Audi driver swerving to avoid us.

We end the test drive and then Dave starts questioning what bits I've changed.. have you changed the drop links, have you replace the rear light seals, have you changed this have you changed that. Did you not read the long add Dave which listed everything I'd done to the car? If it's not on the list, no I have not changed it. And hardly the time to ask those questions nearly a month after agreeing to buy the car after me getting the belts done and driving it all the way to you. Then he asks if it comes with 2 keys to which I reply no it comes with 1 key, and gets all funny about that. Well if you want a second key feel free to get one done. Explained that a couple traders like MarinaBrian and BigRuss or Trikey (can't remember which ones) offer to do replacement keys for much less than other places.

Well after a little huff and puff he pays for the car and is on his way. I don;t even get a thanks or appreciated for our effort to get the car to him. Next day or so I receive this message:

Not being funny but you're being a right p*** taker there Dave. And what's with the sarcastic remark regarding the door card ey? I never had any of the door cards off on that car, so bit of an ars* comment to make ain't it? I never even noticed an issue with the door card!

So I reply with this, not being rude here am I? Pretty reasonable in my reply there.

This reply just pretty much gets completely ignored and disregarded and Dave just continued to demand me to pay for his new key.

Am I creating a big enough picture of how much of a nightmare buyer Dave is so far?

This sort of carries on for a bit and then this takes us up to when Dave booked the car in to be checked over by his local mechanic garage and was when faults with the car was identified. So this takes us up to date to Daves recent threads regarding the MOT.

Now first of all, the car was MOT'd on 24th July 2018, you didn't collect the car until 1st November 2018, that's a little over 3 months later. It was MOT'd at 81,566 miles and the car was handed to you at around 84,000 miles. So I'd done roughly 2400ish miles in that car since the MOT. So don't you think the issues such as a minor leak on a brake pipe, slightly leaking shock absorber, split in CV boot, broken rear spring, and a couple tyres being close to limit (which isn't an MOT failure by the way for being CLOSE to the limit) could have occurred after the MOT? And besides you went round and checked the tyres for tread depth when you collected the car! If being really petty they could have occurred on your drive home! What's to prove it didn't? Funny enough it took your own mechanic 12 days to spot that the spring was broken!

The only two issues they missed was the split in the tyre and the corroded rear brake pipes. I very much doubt the brake pipes were leaking at the time. Remember the the first time the car was ran on the road after 7 years of being off the road was on the drive to the MOT test centre. So like I said earlier, these issues may have been fine at the MOT but failed after the MOT once the car was being used everyday and being put under stress. In regards to the tyre, the meteor wheels I bought from someone who was breaking his 75 tourer, which I bought for your 75 a long time back to replace the aftermarket wheels which were on the car when I got it. Now what I think has happened is that the car I took the wheels from had failed an MOT badly, and hence why it was being broken for spares by the owner. I think as part of that MOT test when the wheels were on that tourer, the MOT tester marked the tyre with a yellow circle to highlight the split. Now if that was the case I wasn't made aware of this when I bought the wheels nor did I ever notice whilst I was handling the wheels. Now from the pic of the tyre you sent me, the yellow mark is so faint it's hardly noticeable, and the split isn't so obvious either, so I can see how it could have been missed when I had your 75 MOT'd.

In regards to your other issues such as the rear caliper retaining clips being missing and the horn not working, well I can guarantee the rear caliper retaining clips were refitted after I replaced the discs and pads, as I painted the retaining clips blue along with the calipers etc. It's also most likely they were there for the MOT, and have fallen off at some point during the 2000+ miles I done in the car, as I'm not the only person who has had this happen to. If I had wheels on the car with larger spoke gaps I probably would have noticed, but as the meteors don't really show much of the calipers it wasn't spotted. In regards to the horn, well that was working when I had the car as I had put it to use on more than one occasion, so that was fine at the time of the MOT. In fact it was fine right up to when the car was given to you so seems more like this issue was caused by the garage working on your car.

At the end of the day, like I said before, you purchased a 15 year old car that had spent 7 years unused, 5 of those years outside and 2 years in my garage, for £2.5k and you're acting like as if you were expecting to receive a faultless new car. Not being funny but buying a used car, especially one that's as old as our cars blindly without expecting the possibility of potential faults occurring is just plain stupidity. You also didn't bother to view the car first before committing to buying it. And yet you buy a car in a private sale and expect a dealer warranty???

And what makes you think you're so self entitled and have the cheek to tell me that you will be getting all the repairs done at your garage at his overpriced prices and will be sending me the bill with the "expectation that you will settle these without undue delay" in your words, trying to threaten me with all this garbage about how I've sold you a car illegally. Up to this point I'd been fairly nice but after that you soon backed off when I replied with my long lengthy reply putting you right. I don't owe you a penny.

I know your type Dave, I've come across people like you before, think that just because I'm young I'll be stupid and naive and will just be pushed over to hand you money. You soon realised that wasn't going to work with me. I've already laid out how the law works in practice if you were to take it to court, it would not go down well in your favour. If you choose to not listen to me and all the info I sent you on this then that's your choice. Speaking to some pencil pusher at the RAC has not got you the correct advice, as others have corrected you on here in your thread: https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=291404

Funny how you go quiet when the thread doesn't go your way Dave, nothing to say back to those who commented?

If you really wanted to get it sorted without it costing you, you should have contacted the MOT garage, request them to recover your car at the own cost, correct the issues you feel existed at the time of MOT and were missed and get them to deliver it back to you. I'm sure that they would have come to some sort of agreement, as this would work out cheaper and better for them than paying your overpriced bill from another garage without having the car back to assess + I think they would rather have done that than be reported for the MOT. But at the end of the day they still compensated you £250 towards your bill which they didn't really have to do, as they could have argued most faults weren't there at the time of the MOT.

But instead you feel like everyone else owe you something. You try gunning at me, don't get very far so you try gunning at the MOT garage, and whilst that was going on you decide to gun at Kevin at MG Rover Repair and harass him over all this when he had nothing to do with it! His only involvement was doing the belts etc for you, so don't know how you came to the assumption that Kevin done any sort of pre MOT inspection or had done any other work on the car. The first time he ever saw it was 3 months after the MOT when he done the belts!

Whilst this is all going on, I then get another cheeky message from Dave:

Hold up, a receipt for £3,050 Dave, really? You purchase the car for £2,500, ask me to get the belts done for you by Kevin for £550 - which was your choice, you requested to have that done, it wasn't included in the price of the car, and now you want a receipt for £3,050 when you have the £550 receipt from Kevin already??? Again just shows what I've had to deal with from Dave.

And besides what makes you so self entitled to think everyone owes you something without taking any responsibility for this yourself? Not being funny but pretty much every second hand car myself or my dad have bought needed money spending on it from the offset. Here's a few examples:

My typhoon ZT - I bought that from a dealer garage in Leicester. Over paid for it, but it was the car I wanted so I didn't care about that. Managed to haggle the dealer down a little, but he said for the haggled down price he won't be offering a warranty. Well that's illegal, a dealer always has to offer a warranty but I don't care as I want that car. Straight away I noticed the MAF had failed (£120) and clutch was very tired and would slip from time to time (cost me around £500 to have done from memory). Drove it home and found the rear offside door doesn't open from the inside. Had to fix that as the MOT was about to run out about 2 weeks after I bought the car. Put it in for an MOT and it failed on the handbrake.

Now bare in mind this was a different MOT garage I used to use prior to the current one, and the garage belong to an old guy who'd been there for donkey's years and was really thorough and picky with his MOT tests. He used to jokingly say he was disappointed that he could not fail my dad's 75 or even put down an advisory no matter how hard he tried.

So it fails on the handbrake, I drive it to the tyre fitter I use as they do brakes, exhausts etc as well and ask them to sort it for me. One of the guys working there at the time had a ZT so knew the cars quite well, and said he'll remove the rear discs and give the drum and hand brake shoes a good clean and adjust the handbrake. Whilst they were doing this they spotted that one of my rear coil springs was snapped, missed by the MOT. So this is when I had the motobuild lowering springs fitted, as since the back pair would need changing and the front pair didn't look that great, I thought I'd get all four changed and go for the motobuild ones. On replacing the front springs they found the front shocks were completely shot, when trying to fit the new springs the shocks were pushing all the oil out. So had to get them replaced too, so that's nearly £300 for the springs including fitting, and I from memory the front shocks I could only get from rimmers a the time which with shipping cost over £200 as well. Luckily the garage fitted them for free. They also noticed a large hole in the top of my backbox, which couldn't be seen but could be felt if you put your hand up over the back box, which cost me £250 for a stainless one to be fitted. All things that should have been a failure on the MOT but were missed, and this MOT tester wouldn't let anything slide. So things can be missed no matter how good the MOT tester is.

Soon after I realised the in tank pump wasn't working as I was left stranded at the side of the M11 in the freezing cold and rain as my fuel level dropped below 1/4. Broke down at 6:30pm, got home at midnight that night. Another cost.

I then took it to the caldecotte arms meet in Milton Keynes back when Steve used to run those and had it plugged into Phil-t4's T4, all four injectors were miles off spec and were the worst injectors Phil had ever seen. Great, more cost getting replacement injectors. This cost me twice in the end as I got a second hand set for £100 which weren't great so paid out £90 per injector for refurbed ones in the end. So that's £360 for the refurbed injectors + £100 wasted on the secondhand ones.

So this is what a few months into ownership and the car is already costing me around £1800, annoying as it is I don't really case as I wanted the car. I got the car I wanted and I'm happy. If I really wanted to be an ars* I could have taken it back to the garage I bought it from in Leicester and make them replace all these bits under warranty, as it's illegal for a dealer to sell a car without warranty even though he said he's not offering warranty on the sale. But no I sucked it up and just paid for the repairs, I didn't even think of taking it back because I didn't feel like anyone owed me anything. I wanted that car, I bought it knowing things could go wrong and I had them fixed without crying about it.

Same story with our TF, bought that from a private buyer, again well over paid for what state it was in and traveled a long way to buy it, but my fiance really wanted a TF so she could feel included at shows and meets and have her own car to talk about, an she really wanted one in typhoon to match my ZT. So that kind of limits options. Immediately after purchasing we started to notice something wasn't right. There would be an occasional rattle coming from the engine bay at certain revs, sounded like a loose plastic cover rattling away, but on the way home we soon realised the gearbox wasn't right as it was struggling to get into 2nd and reverse. This ended up costing us over £750 as we had to get a new gearbox, new clutch, new slave and also a replacement rear subframe as that was so rotten two of the mounts had broken completely. We since have had other endless problems with endless running issues which I only just finally managed to sort completely over 2 years after buying the car. It spent most of the 2 years sat on the drive completely unused due to the endless issues and how much it was costing us. We bought the car for £950 and didn't realise how bad of a state it was in, and has ended up costing us over £1500 to fully sort out. Should I have started sending bills to the previous owner to get him to pay for all this Dave??? But again, it's been annoying and often put my fiance in a bit of financial difficulty trying to get it all sorted, and really put her down at times where it wouldn't stop going wrong, but did we spit our dummies out and have a tantrum and start crying over it? No we just sucked it up, got on with it, paid for the repairs we had to pay for and now we're enjoying the car. It's now at the stage where once we've saved up enough to put it in for a full respray it will be like new.

Personally I think a big problem for Dave is he soon realised that he doesn't actually like the car. Complains that the v6 is slow and isn't not what he expected, that's not my fault nor is it my problem. He's not even keen on the modifications I done to the car, said when he collected the car that I done a lot of "bling" on the car and he's not really into all that. That was the selling point for the car, all the modifications and add ons, if you don't like them why buy the car! buy a standard one! I had so many others with real genuine interest that wanted the car for what it is, the mods.

At the end of the day Dave, you've made the following mistakes:
- buying a car without viewing it
- expecting a dealer warranty on a private sale
- not checking the car properly when you took it for a test drive
- assuming the car would be 100% fault free 3 months after it's last MOT.
- bought a car you didn't research into first so soon realised you didn't like it
- don't even know why you bought the car to be honest you don't even like the mods I done on it
- Booking it in at a garage and getting all those jobs done including extra jobs you wanted done at high prices and assuming I would just roll over and pay for your bill.

The only good thing you done was get the car checked over soon after purchasing it, as if I'd kept the car and continued using it I most likely wouldn't have known about these faults until the next MOT, apart from tyres which I would have most likely changed anyway before the next MOT. But as Brian said, "congratulate yourself on having the presence of mind to have the car checked out so soon after purchase" and move on. You're not the only person who has ever had to spend money on a car soon after buying it. But you had to create a massive drama over it.

Besides, referring back to your initial message, you thought the car was well underpriced and thought I should be asking for more money, so in your eyes you got it cheaper than what you thought it was worth. So why you trying to hassle me so bad to try and get money out of me for the repairs? You've already received £250 from the MOT garage. And don't make it sound like a sob story saying you had to spend "£850 I had to find to make the V6 safe". Err wrong, you said in your email to Wickford Garage that the total cost towards the issues missed at the MOT was £865.51, so less the £250 compensation you had to spend £615.51. And you say you had to "find" the funds when you just sold your triumph for what was it £6k just before purchasing the 75, or was it more than that?

So yet again here I am wasting hours on Dave having to write out this long reply since Dave's making it sound like he's such an innocent party in all this and has been hard done by. Weren't going to be this petty and do a reply like this but since you want to start hinting that it was me you bought the car from you've earned yourself this response.

It is very unfortunately that money had to be spent so soon after purchasing the car, and the issues missed on the MOT. But gunning at me for it and accusing me of deliberately hiding faults on the car when I genuinely had no knowledge of these issues and threatening me and hassling me for money is bang out of order. The amount of stress you've caused me, literally keeping me up at night with your threats to take all this to court. Giving hints on here as to who you bought the car from and trying to make it seem like I intentionally had a dodgy MOT done on the car and making it sound like I intentionally sold you a faulty car, that's not on. I'm not allowing that and I will not allow that to affect my work I do on here for member's cars. This whole thing has been a nasty experience and has completely put me off ever working on a rescue project again. I would have been better off leaving the car at the breakers yard! No wonder so many people flog their cars to webuyanycar, I can see why - they don't want to end up dealing with hassle like this.

Everyone can make their own mind up on this, but I for one have had enough.

Now it's about time this is all put to bed and you move on.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link

Last edited by Rick-sta; 23rd January 2019 at 19:07..
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2019, 20:03   #14
Dorchester2
incurable Rover addict

Rover 75 Saloon V6 2.5 1999 - Rover 25 1.4 2002 - Rover 214i cab 1994 - Rover P5b coupe 1968

Smile

To alleviate a little your pain Rick and to go into your own way, I may add that buying my 75 in September 2017 for 3,600€ (£3k +, used cars are not so cheap here in France & in Europe than in the UK), I easily added 2,500€ (£2k +) to cure all the niggles & gremlins and to get her back to her former glory (bodyshop, paint, shock absorbers, VIS motors, passenger mirror, alloys, steering wheel, GPS, lots of services, & minor injuries or deficiencies) and I did not complain to the seller because I'd freely accepted the deal and I've only one word.
And I should add that I did expect to open my purse for that and that now I'm delighted & over the moon by the result!
I feel sorry for you and I wish you all the best for the future: forget that lad if you can.
  • This vehicle was the 2,032nd 75 in Atlantic Blue Pearlescent (code: JEY) to be made out of 2,572 Atlantic Blue Pearlescent 75s
Dorchester2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2019, 21:09   #15
Best_of_British
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer & Arden Green Project

AHH, the joys of selling a a car. I will be running mine into the ground then scrapping them. The joy of bangornomics.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk
Best_of_British is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2019, 22:24   #16
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorchester2 View Post
To alleviate a little your pain Rick and to go into your own way, I may add that buying my 75 in September 2017 for 3,600€ (£3k +, used cars are not so cheap here in France & in Europe than in the UK), I easily added 2,500€ (£2k +) to cure all the niggles & gremlins and to get her back to her former glory (bodyshop, paint, shock absorbers, VIS motors, passenger mirror, alloys, steering wheel, GPS, lots of services, & minor injuries or deficiencies) and I did not complain to the seller because I'd freely accepted the deal and I've only one word.
And I should add that I did expect to open my purse for that and that now I'm delighted & over the moon by the result!
I feel sorry for you and I wish you all the best for the future: forget that lad if you can.
Cheers, you I've never noticed you're based in France. The LHD 75's and ZT's sure do fetch a lot more money in the rest of Europe. There's a lot of them about too, i have so many followers on my facebook page that are outside of the UK and own these cars. There's a lot in Holland, get quite a bit of work from there, some in Switzerland, a lot in france spain Germany and portugal, Poland, Lithuania, turkey, there's quite a few in Australia and new zealand. One guy even has an mgf and zt imported in canada who contacted me last year.

Everywhere else they go for good money, its just here in the uk they sell for peanuts.

Glad to hear you've got yours sorted and are enjoying it now

Quote:
AHH, the joys of selling a a car. I will be running mine into the ground then scrapping them. The joy of bangornomics.
Never again i dont think, dont think i'll ever bother trying to save a 75 or zt again. I cant keep extra ones and cant be dealing with this again if i were to save one to sell on. Not that my dads 75, my typhoon zt or mt fiance's typhoon tf will ever be up for sale, if i were to sell my zt-t 190 SE i'll probably just px it at a garage if i can.

Last edited by Rick-sta; 24th January 2019 at 11:04..
Old 23rd January 2019, 22:33   #17
75c
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Read it all but really only needed to read the bs about wanting you to pay for a new key.

Chancer.
75c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2019, 23:13   #18
Best_of_British
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer & Arden Green Project

He got me when he called me a free rider.

Best_of_British is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2019, 23:34   #19
Rick-sta
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best_of_British View Post
He got me when he called me a free rider.

Yes i saw that thread he started. Never see the point of threads like that, all they do is divide members rather than bring them closer together. Just causes arguments.

Some of the most valued members on here who offer valuable content are the ones who arent paid members.
Old 24th January 2019, 00:37   #20
Rick-sta
This is my second home

My current zt-t is a rescue project again, wasn't off the road for as long (only around just shy of 2 years), but externally its in a bit of a state. Already made quite a bit of progress with it. But doubt i'll take on any more.

I'm coming to that time in my life where i'll be saving more and spending less doing mods on my cars. The typhoon zt is now finished mods wise, i won't be doing any more to that. On the zt-t ive already got side skirts, rear bumper pods, a v8 heat shield for the duplex exhaust system i'll get done, i'll get the windows tinted and a few other mods done and that'll be about it. I'm getting married next year, we have the venue booked bit got a lot of money going out on that + honeymoon and then it'll be saving to buy a house.

Speaking of european LHD models, just spotted this one come up on my facebook feed. https://www.automobile.it/ragusa-rover-75/133875852