Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th March 2021, 14:00   #11
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

I wonder if some UK venues will insist on a vaccination certificate once things start settling down? Think about places like a cinema? You have a couple of hundred people all locked in the same room for a couple of hours, one person who is infected and not showing any symptoms could cause havoc.

Being vaccinated does not mean you wont get Covid, it just means you are unlikely to need hospitalisation.

As far as travel you are more likely to catch covid on the aircraft to your destination than once you are there. A good friend who loves travel has already said he wont be having the jab, I wonder if he will have a change of heart if a covid passport becomes a requirement?
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2021, 18:21   #12
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Same here, I won’t go anywhere that insists on a vaccine passport.

It’s going to be like North Korea here soon.
Are you willing to have the jab and if you are willing to have the jab, why do you object to a vaccine passport?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2021, 18:25   #13
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

I wonder what travel insurance polices positions will be if someone travels abroad and has not have the two covid vaccine jabs and then gets covid? In fact what is it now if you travel to a country without having had the recommended vaccines by choice and catch one of the bugs that the vaccine would protect you from?

macafee2
Old 6th March 2021, 21:20   #14
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Are you willing to have the jab and if you are willing to have the jab, why do you object to a vaccine passport?

macafee2
Nope, don't want the jab, don't want a passport as its just another bit of our freedom that is being eroded by those 'in charge'
Old 7th March 2021, 06:43   #15
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Nope, don't want the jab, don't want a passport as its just another bit of our freedom that is being eroded by those 'in charge'
How is your freedom being eroded?
Why do you not want the jab?
How will you avoid always looking over your shoulder wondering if that stranger close to you is carrying covid and about to pass it on to you?

How will any of us avoid looking over our shoulder?

macafee2
Old 7th March 2021, 07:50   #16
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
How is your freedom being eroded?
Why do you not want the jab?
How will you avoid always looking over your shoulder wondering if that stranger close to you is carrying covid and about to pass it on to you?

How will any of us avoid looking over our shoulder?

macafee2

I don’t want the jab as it’s my choice, if it’s good enough for me to work through this pandemic with 200 others on a daily basis then I reckon I should be allowed to carry on taking a holiday, or attending a car meet (where I mix with far less people)

And yes, the vaccine passport is just another form of control, therefore another little bit of our freedom that would be taken away.
Old 7th March 2021, 08:49   #17
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
I don’t want the jab as it’s my choice, if it’s good enough for me to work through this pandemic with 200 others on a daily basis then I reckon I should be allowed to carry on taking a holiday, or attending a car meet (where I mix with far less people)

And yes, the vaccine passport is just another form of control, therefore another little bit of our freedom that would be taken away.
The passport surly can only be control if you don't have one?
I totally agree it is your choice not to have the jab, and you have the right to choose what goes into your body, I was purely asking why you don't want the vaccine, what has led you to make that choice?

Not convinced that because you have not got covid, yet that you wont get it, I hope none of us do.

macafee2
Old 7th March 2021, 08:59   #18
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

Business in faked passports is going to be lucrative by the sound of it.
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2021, 10:56   #19
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovel View Post
Business in faked passports is going to be lucrative by the sound of it.
perhaps airports, ferry ports and rail ports at international departures should be able to access a database to check if the covid passport is valid and genuine.

Civil Liberty supporters please feel free to say why people should travel on fake documentation and why documentation should not be verified.

Now where are my flame proof clothes?

macafee2
Old 7th March 2021, 12:03   #20
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

To me this is all about choice
Am I correct in thinking that it's the countries that we (the great British public) wish to visit that require proof of vaccination..Not the UK government that are saying we have to have one. This is probably because the UK has one of the highest rates of infection and other countries are trying to reduce the risk to their own citizens from the UK variants.Their country their choice..
Another thing that need's to be remembered is that having a vaccination doesn't prevent you from either catching or transmitting Coronavirus (although tests are looking as if transmission is reduced after a vaccination) it reduces your chances of getting seriously ill if you do catch it, in the same way that the flu jab does each year for us oldies.
As for having any vaccination then it is and should be up to the individual to decide if they have it or not. I look at it like this, if I'm exposed to the virus then because I have had the vaccine I'm less likely to catch it and become seriously ill from it than a person who has not been vaccinated, it's their choice whether or not they want to protect themselves from illness I have made my choice and they can make theirs it doesn't make them a bad person, it's the same as wearing a seatbelt or a crash helmet, neither should have become law but should be left to the individual to decide if they wish to stand a greater or lesser chance of surviving an road traffic accident, it makes no difference to the way I live.
I'm having the vaccine because 1/ I'm of an age where it is a benefit to me to stay as healthy as I can. & 2/ I have seen what covid can do in 10 days to my super fit 25 year old grandson, yes he got over it but by his own admission he did wonder a couple of times if he would.
Oh this is making me sound as if I don't care, but I do care but maybe not about the same things as you do..
Cheers and be happy I still love you all, well all except the bloke up the road who never taxes,insures or MOTs his cars because he thinks it's his choice to do so..
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote