Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 6th February 2019, 11:51   #1
Lee T
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Default FBH Again

I'll try keep this as short as poss. FBH passes it's self check and fires up, Exhaust, FBH body and both water pipes get hot but after 2 mins 53 the top hose (with bleed screw) starts to jerk and I can hear what sounds like a spitting noise coming from the same hose and then the hose feels empty of water whilst the lower hose is still full and the fbh shuts down. System has been bled 3 times and I even tried Big Russ's clever Hoover pipe in header tank trick but still getting the same problem. Cooling system is fine when engine running, temp cycles as it should and heaters are hot.
Thanks. Lee.
Old 8th February 2019, 05:05   #2
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee T View Post
I'll try keep this as short as poss. FBH passes it's self check and fires up, Exhaust, FBH body and both water pipes get hot but after 2 mins 53 the top hose (with bleed screw) starts to jerk and I can hear what sounds like a spitting noise coming from the same hose and then the hose feels empty of water whilst the lower hose is still full and the fbh shuts down. System has been bled 3 times and I even tried Big Russ's clever Hoover pipe in header tank trick but still getting the same problem. Cooling system is fine when engine running, temp cycles as it should and heaters are hot.
Thanks. Lee.
Can you feel if the water pump in the FBH is running?
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2019, 05:37   #3
Lee T
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Hi David, Yes the water can be felt moving through the lower fbh hose. I have been in email and phone contact with Devilish and Trebor and even they are unsure what the issue is. I have a few tests to carry out that they suggested but due to the weather here and my m.o.t today I havnt had a chance yet. Thanks for your reply and as always I'll post up any results or fingers crossed a solution. Lee.
I'd also like to thank Devilish and Trebor for their help and advice .