Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 29th January 2020, 22:13   #1
bsafly
Just going about!

Rover 75 CDTi Connie SE Tourer starlight silver and serpents. MG ZT-T 190+ in Raven Black.

Default Broken drivers electric window regulator

On my way home today, opened my drivers side front window, was treated to a loud mechanical scraping noise and the window stopped 1/4 of the way down. Managed to get the window back up (oddly no unusual noises), but it stopped 2mm from fully shut. I managed to manually force it shut and it seems to have stayed put for the rest of the journey. Does anyone know what I am likely to need to repair it so I can gather the required parts before I strip it down, also how hard is it to change the glass as mine is badly scratched (although it has done nowhere as many miles as my 75, which has a much less scratched glass! ). Any thoughts would be much appreciated, thanks in advance, Paul.
bsafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2020, 16:23   #2
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsafly View Post
On my way home today, opened my drivers side front window, was treated to a loud mechanical scraping noise and the window stopped 1/4 of the way down. Managed to get the window back up (oddly no unusual noises), but it stopped 2mm from fully shut. I managed to manually force it shut and it seems to have stayed put for the rest of the journey. Does anyone know what I am likely to need to repair it so I can gather the required parts before I strip it down, also how hard is it to change the glass as mine is badly scratched (although it has done nowhere as many miles as my 75, which has a much less scratched glass! ). Any thoughts would be much appreciated, thanks in advance, Paul.
Very easy job, you need a new regulator assembly. Get one from mickboy, i did the same just last week.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2020, 19:50   #3
markypicks
Gets stuck in

rover 75 saloon cdt club se re map 160 bhp

i did both sides on my older 75 . got both sides off e bay for 35 quid posted not a bad job the system runs on a wire basis and reels you can get replacement kits for them but i would get the motor and regulator as its all in one piece just 4 bolts for the motor and 2 like clamp nuts to hold the window in place . be aware of the 2 big metal clips that hold the centre of the door card on they can easily be damaged if forced off rgds mark
markypicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2020, 21:08   #4
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

I hope to be going to a breakers tomorrow.
pm me if you would like me to try and get one and let me know how much you want me to spend. It is on a diesel auto MK I
Best also post a picture of what it looks like

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2020, 23:18   #5
bsafly
Just going about!

Rover 75 CDTi Connie SE Tourer starlight silver and serpents. MG ZT-T 190+ in Raven Black.

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I hope to be going to a breakers tomorrow.
pm me if you would like me to try and get one and let me know how much you want me to spend. It is on a diesel auto MK I
Best also post a picture of what it looks like

macafee2

Thankyou for the kind offer, I know of a couple of 75's locally that are being broken, at least one of them has all its windows still fitted. I will have a look at the weekend now I know what I need.
bsafly is offline   Reply With Quote