Notices

Old 11th March 2009, 18:33   #1
Dacman
Loves to post

MG ZT 160+

Default Any member on here bus drivers?

Evening all.

A bit of advise if you may.
My dad has had a run in with a bus driver and is now a bit worried.
He picked up my daughter from school, he parked on the roadside not obstructing any driveway and there are no double yellow lines.
When he returned a bus was stopped (going the other way to which my dad was parked) the back of the bus was level with the boot of my dads car. The driver went up to my dad and said he had obstructed the bus by parking there. (There were other cars parked on the other side of the road). Even though the bus had effectivly gone past my dads car. My dad said there was a car parked about 3 cars back with the wheels on full lock making it hard for the bus to pass safely. The bus driver was taking photos left right and centre of my dads car. The driver said he will report my dad and he will have to go to court. Is this right?
My dad is well into his 70's and this has worried him.

dac
Dacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 18:36   #2
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

What a load of Cobblers.
The Police would have to submit any complaint/charge to DPP
and they would also question your father, if they bother at all, when he could put his side across.

IMHO no case could be bought with the statement you have given.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 18:39   #3
Dacman
Loves to post

MG ZT 160+

Cheers JDC, thought is was tosh, as the bus had already passed (almost) my dads car. I think a stiff phone call the the bus company is in order.

dac
Dacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 18:40   #4
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacman View Post
Evening all.

A bit of advise if you may.
My dad has had a run in with a bus driver and is now a bit worried.
He picked up my daughter from school, he parked on the roadside not obstructing any driveway and there are no double yellow lines.
When he returned a bus was stopped (going the other way to which my dad was parked) the back of the bus was level with the boot of my dads car. The driver went up to my dad and said he had obstructed the bus by parking there. (There were other cars parked on the other side of the road). Even though the bus had effectivly gone past my dads car. My dad said there was a car parked about 3 cars back with the wheels on full lock making it hard for the bus to pass safely. The bus driver was taking photos left right and centre of my dads car. The driver said he will report my dad and he will have to go to court. Is this right?
My dad is well into his 70's and this has worried him.

dac
I'm sorry to hear that, how long was your dad parked there? Right or wrong, that stinks. So if there were cars parked on the other side of the road and there were no road markings and the bus had passed your dads car, how can he be singled out for causing an obstruction? I've never heard of that before. Hope it works out ok.
Old 11th March 2009, 19:01   #5
Raistlin
Banned

75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDotCom View Post
What a load of Cobblers.
The Police would have to submit any complaint/charge to DPP
and they would also question your father, if they bother at all, when he could put his side across.

IMHO no case could be bought with the statement you have given.
I'd like to echo John's remarks from the Judicial viewpoint. Nothing to worry about IMO. Bus driver needs a good talking to though.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 19:19   #6
Ken
Busy doing nothing!

Take it from me this total nonsense. Was the driver a youngster who may have just started? Some companies especially national companies tell their drivers to take photo's of everything that happens and they supply the throwaway camera's as well. Drivers with a few years in the job just chuck the camera's away and just get on with the job but youngsters are frightened to do that.

Phone the bus company and make a complaint but please ask if the bus company supplies camera's to their drivers. If they do its more than likely the driver was told to do it and may be frightened for his job.

The reasoning behind it all is what we call county mounties who watch for buses running late or early. The company gets fined by the local authority for every bus that is either a minute early or three minutes late, each fine is £45 and the company can get off it with proof of being held up on route.

Above all tell your Dad he has no need to worry as the driver or more likely the company has over stepped the mark on this one.

We are not all like that by the way so don't tar us all with the same brush :lol:

Ken
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote