Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th March 2009, 12:26   #1
desperado
Loves to post

75 saloon 2003 cdti conn se (ronned)

Default common sense

The Urine test

This was written by a rig worker in the North Sea - He makes a lot of sense!

I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to earn that pay cheque, I work on a rig for a drilling contractor. I am required to pass a random urine test for drugs and alcohol, with which I have no problem.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a benefit cheque because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand that I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sit on their backside drinking beer and smoking or taking any drugs, Class A B or C..

Could you imagine how much money the government would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a benefit cheque?

Please pass this along if you agree or simply delete if you don't.
Hope you will pass it along though, because something has to change in the UK, and soon!
desperado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 12:29   #2
GERFIX
I really should get out more.......

MINI COOPER S

I was going to suggest that this should be in the humour section but no, it's not funny, it's woefully true!!

GERFIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 12:40   #3
Reebmit
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Con SE CDTi, 205 GTi 1.9 (x 2), 205 CTi 1.9, 205 GTi Mi16, Ford C-Max 2.0 TDCi Ghia, MR2 GT

Dan how right you are, the good old system, don't you just hate it. I can never see things changing (and I normally look on the brighter side of life), I agree, I would willingly help others that deserve it but the leaches of society suck! they know how to work the system and the government seem only too happy to support them to keep europe happy
Reebmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 22:35   #4
W953 BJX
Loves to post

1953 and 1955 series 1 landrovers, two series 3 landrovers, range rover, rover 75 saloon

This might not be sortof the same thing but I kindof think it is, a bit of a moan about the system... In October 2004 I had a bike accident, broke my right ankle, and snapped the right wing off my pelvis, I was in college at the time and missed alot of lessons for treatment etc, spent two years in physio getting back on my feet and whilst I still tend to use a stick for support I can walk again. Until october last year when I had a fall at home and have now smashed, like totally smashed my right knee, I'm booked in for surgery to try and salvage something from it but have been unable to walk, drive or work since October, and am looking at 18-24 months post op to recover what little movement I have from it at the minute. So my problem is I'm being paid statuarory sick pay, which is fine, but that is all I'm getting, I'm 21 and therefor my car insurance is not cheap, and because of my age they won't pay me any incapacity allowance until I have been off for 28 weeks, whereas someone older its 4 weeks, how am I meant to be paying my rent, car insurance, fuel to get to and from hospital, food, clothes, everything, all on £75 a week?
W953 BJX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 22:39   #5
W953 BJX
Loves to post

1953 and 1955 series 1 landrovers, two series 3 landrovers, range rover, rover 75 saloon

I've already sold my standard eight and my beloved 75 is for sale
Old 11th March 2009, 22:40   #6
Lates
This is my second home

Jaguar XE

The system just aint right sometimes, the last one out the country turn off the lights............
Lates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 22:53   #7
W953 BJX
Loves to post

just seems theyre very willing to take money in taxes etc but its very difficult to get anything back when you actually need it, 28 weeks is mid April, thy won't backdate it to October and ive somehow got to pay back the £2k of debt ive accumulated since October, credit card has been abused paying for parking tickets etc, the best bit is I have to go in once a week for physio to keep it moving, and stop any more atrophy, but the only car I can get in and drive is the range rover, so I drive that in and park on the hospital carpark, which costs me the fuel, plus £5 for the carpark while I'm having treatment! Seems mad!
Old 12th March 2009, 00:32   #8
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

You know what really worries me are those who think that all people that get benefits can help being in the situation they are in.

Through accident, illness or other misfortune you can end up being unable to work then you may have no choice.

If you find yourself in that situation and you don't have kids at home you get nothing literally.
If you bothered to save for your old age with a pension , fine you may be able to access that early, but depending on how much you recieve from it, a large proportion will be deducted from your benefit. It is almost certain to wipe out any other chance at any other financial help also.
Forget free prescriptions and dental charges you won't get them, or any other help either.
In fact you will have to pay income tax on any pension income because your tax allowance is taken up by any benefit you do recieve.

Oh almost forgot you might get a £10 Christmas bonus ( mind you don't spend it all at once )

Fine there are people who are lazy and work shy and I agree those people deserve critisism and should be forced to work for what they get.

A system that pays more to do nothing needs to be sorted out, but you can hardly blame anyone not wanting to work for minimum wage when they can get their rent and council tax paid, jobseekers allowance, and family tax credit, family allowance, free dental and prescription charges, the list goes on.

But please don't think that all people on benefits can help being in that situation, because they can't and it isn't any fun either.

Russ

P.S. anyone who is disabled and taking strong painkiller type medication wouldn't pass a urine drugs test as any medication containing codiene or other synthetic opiate would show positive for heroin.

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.

Last edited by BigRuss; 12th March 2009 at 00:41..
BigRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2009, 13:59   #9
desperado
Loves to post

75 saloon 2003 cdti conn se (ronned)

bigruss it aimed at the ones that don't and never want to work. why should we carry these people that abuse the system .i don't begrudge money going to honest lawabiding citizens. imagine what our health service would be like if we didn't have to pay for these waster.
desperado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2009, 14:25   #10
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

I totally agree that the work shy lazy individuals need to be made to work for what they get.

Unfortunately there is tendancy when benefits are mentioned, to tar everyone with the same brush, even the disabled or those who are unable to work through permenant and degenerative illness.

Of course there are those who are hiding behind their "medical" problems and they should be carefully re-assessed.

If they finally get their act together and make significant changes to the system then those who genuinely need benefits the most may get a decent amount to live on.

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.
BigRuss is offline   Reply With Quote