Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18th July 2019, 09:24   #1
Tourist
Loves to post

2004 Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Default So what's going on here? (Daimler limo on eBay)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaguar-Da...s/283541855960

I have an interest in Daimlers so often see what's happening on eBay.

This one popped up with a low mileage so I checked its MoT history to see what had happened since it was registered in 1995 - the listing claims that it's never been welded and when a seller says that the mileage is 'believed to be genuine' I always think that's suspicious. More likely, what they mean is 'that's what it reads now and seeing as it's a low number, we're not questioning it'.

The MoT history says that it should be black, not white and also it looks like it had to have its sills repaired in 2011 at an indicated mileage of just 32,398.

What do you reckon's gone on here? My best bet is that it's an ex funeral car and has done 33,000 miles following a hearse in all weathers, hence the need for welding and someone's now re-sprayed it white for wedding use but not changed the V5c. The mileage does seem pretty low though.

I don't particularly like the shut line at the bottoms of the two nearside rear doors either!

If that's it - what is the likely condition of that 4.0L AJ6 engine after it's basically been idling for the past 33k miles and 24 years?!
Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote