Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4th February 2021, 14:10   #1
Rp61973
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTI Classic

Default Facelift bootlid plinth

After my previous tussle with a wayward Romanian lorry on the M25, the nearside of my R75 is now mint again after dent removal and a complete repaint.

The insurance payout stretched to having the bootlid repainted due to some rust scabs around the chrome garnish and one particularly large scab on the bootlid on the area under the plinth.

The body man removed the plinth but tells me he had difficulties getting the central two bolts out (two self-tappers appear to have taken their place). One of the end 'starnuts' is missing altogether and the other one has been replaced by another self-tapper.

I haven't taken off the plinth yet, but the whole lot feels very wobbly (care when shutting the lid is needed). I don't think the plastic module has been fixed to the lid with a thick adhesive tape.

I suspect the plinth fixings are likely 'ronnied'. Without looking, I was contemplating a repair using some M6 rivnuts, secured into the rear of the plinth with epoxy. Unless anyone else on here has experience of this and can advise a better method of repair?

Many thanks.

Paul