Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th December 2019, 15:08   #1
Abott10

Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,328 Posts
Default Refurbishing Turbocharger fixings.

Bit of weak sunshine earlier so got the tools out to make a start on the "Project SHIM" ZT-T 1.8T.

All set up and big black clouds assembled overhead from out of nowhere to spoil my plans ... again! Those things are definitely out to get me in recent days, correction... years!

Over those years, have accumulated a few worn K-Series I.8T Turbochargers... usual stuff... worn shaft bearings. Have bought some T25 CHRAs ready for rebuilds.

Despite those clouds, decided to be productive before the rains came so out with the Electric Drill, Rotary Brushes and tackled the corrosion on the various original Turbocharger Coolant Tube Fixings. Using a Mini-Vice, half an hour later all seven items were looking much better with cleaned up threads and hex-flats. Tried some in the new CHRAs and they smothly became fitted using just fingers.

These images show the before and after condition after the wire brush treatment in the old Black and Decker now approaching its fiftieth birthday... Made in Sheffield.

Started to rain quite heavily as I put away the tools... A small victory for me to beat the weather... still a sweet victory though...
Abott10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2019, 07:54   #2
IGH
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Black and Decker Drill

Morning

Slight hijack here but I to have a fifty year old B&D drill same as the one above.

Mine is in need of a new mains cable. I want to order one from B&D but trouble is, the sticker with the model number vanished from mine years ago.

Any idea what the model number is (assuming a sticker is still attached to yours)?

Cheers
IGH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2019, 10:04   #3
squire
Posted a thing or two

MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGH View Post
Morning

Slight hijack here but I to have a fifty year old B&D drill same as the one above.

Mine is in need of a new mains cable. I want to order one from B&D but trouble is, the sticker with the model number vanished from mine years ago.

Any idea what the model number is (assuming a sticker is still attached to yours)?

Cheers
Likewise, I too have the same drill, it still works but is in need of a new mains cable. I've yet to investigate if it's possible to make a new cable.

Martyn.
squire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2019, 10:14   #4
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by squire View Post
Likewise, I too have the same drill, it still works but is in need of a new mains cable. I've yet to investigate if it's possible to make a new cable.

Martyn.
It is. Apparently the first thing my father did to his. But he had got it when serving his time (as a spark). And only a couple of years ago he stopped using it due to the bearing getting noisy.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote