Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th November 2019, 19:31   #11
Discofan
Loves to post

(Land)Rover Freelander 2

They can call my landline as often as they want, havent even got a handset plugged into it, used nothing but mobiles for a number of years now and only keep it for the router.
Get lots of strange calls from various random areas on the mobile. Either dont answer or else just dont speak when i do, that seems to not trigger the call going through to whichever 'agent' they are using. I assume because they are dialling 10s or 100s of numbers at a time and its only those that get a response got through to a human.
My wife's favourite is the calls where "we believe you have been involved in an accident" she suddenly screams loudly and whacks the steering wheel and then responds "f**k Ive just crashed the car!" They generally hang up sharpish.
Discofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2019, 19:36   #12
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

I quite enjoy the spammers phoning me. I usually act like an idiot (normal) and go along with their silly little tricks. Tied one of the fools up for around 20 minutes letting him think that I was on the computer. He could not understand why he could not ‘find’ it on the net. Signed off telling him he was a paper hat. Not had a repeat performance since.
Old 4th November 2019, 19:46   #13
75driver
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon, manual. Rover 75 Tourer, Auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discofan View Post
They can call my landline as often as they want, havent even got a handset plugged into it, used nothing but mobiles for a number of years now and only keep it for the router.

Get lots of strange calls from various random areas on the mobile. Either dont answer or else just dont speak when i do, that seems to not trigger the call going through to whichever 'agent' they are using. I assume because they are dialling 10s or 100s of numbers at a time and its only those that get a response got through to a human.

My wife's favourite is the calls where "we believe you have been involved in an accident" she suddenly screams loudly and whacks the steering wheel and then responds "f**k Ive just crashed the car!" They generally hang up sharpish.

Your wife and I have something in common. Ohh err ..😱

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 75 Contemporary SE diesel manual (#1)

2003 75T Connoisseur SE diesel auto (For Comfort)
2005 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (Marmite duotone )
2006 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (The last one?)

2009 E220 (For a change)
2018 L200 (For Big & Heavy Things)
1976 W114 250 Manual (For Sundays)
75driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2019, 08:20   #14
Terryf
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon BRG

I am with Sky, when I get a call sky answer it and ask who they are. Then sky rings me and gives me the choice of speaking to them or not. I think the scam callers ring off as I haven't had one since scheme started. Free of charge too.
Only people on my safe list get straight through.

Last edited by Terryf; 5th November 2019 at 08:22.. Reason: Additional information
Terryf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2019, 13:48   #15
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discofan View Post
My wife's favourite is the calls where "we believe you have been involved in an accident"
SWMBO phoned me to say she just had a "we are calling regarding your road traffic accident" (pre Truecall) while I was touring Ireland on Big Blue. I rang them to tell them about the call to my wife, calmly, with no foul language, not wanting their address to find them, no threats of violence, or anything.