Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th August 2020, 09:06   #1
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts
Default Youtube notifications!

Youtube in their infinite wisdom have stopped sending email notifications from your subscribed channels for PC users Apparently you still get them on mobile phone but not on your computer.

I've just sent them a Mr angry feedback email to voice my disapproval along with hundreds more dissatisfied people by the look of it.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2020, 09:44   #2
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

what did the email tell you? What ever it was perhaps I now know why I never get a notification from a channel I have subscribed to but then, I did not know what to expect.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2020, 09:52   #3
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
what did the email tell you? What ever it was perhaps I now know why I never get a notification from a channel I have subscribed to but then, I did not know what to expect.

macafee2

This is the page youtube directed me to. It's only mobile phone or chrome browser that will get notifications.

Changes to emails you receive for new video uploads from your subscriptions 617 Replies Hi Everyone,

Heads up: If you’re opted in to get emails about new uploads, live streams, and premieres from channels you’re subscribed to, these emails are going away on August 13th, 2020. You’ll still get notified on mobile via the YouTube app, or on desktop via your Chrome browser if you’ve turned these notifications on. If you haven’t turned these on yet, you can do so in notification Settings.

Why? Less than 0.1% of these emails are opened, and people have told us that these emails contribute to inbox overload – we hope this change helps you more easily spot and pay attention to the important emails YouTube sends about your account, mandatory service announcements, etc. as no other types of emails are going away.

Creators: We didn't see any impact to watch time when we experimented with turning off these emails. In fact, our tests showed that when we don't send these emails, more people engage with mobile push notifications and their Subscriptions feed.

Old 18th August 2020, 22:42   #4
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Oh er missus!! I really let rip on the youtube powers that be for making a pigs ear of youtube IMO & and now every comment I've made on subscribers vids has been greyed out and I haven't had a reply back Have I been black legged?