Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th August 2017, 10:09   #1
kraanc
Loves to post

MG ZT-T 190 2.5 V6 2003 manual

Default Where is the hole?

After car wash this happened:
https://i.imgur.com/1M71Eeu.jpg
Water in drivers footwell on rubber carpet. My feet are dry. And i am aware of plenum drain problems. This must be something else.

Also when i drive in shorts i feel air breeze on my legs under the stearing wheel somewhere, even when all aircon and cabin wentilation are turned off.
kraanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2017, 10:13   #2
TomRS
Posted a thing or two

Mk1 ZT 190 - Mk2 ZS 180 - Mercedes E63 AMG S - Ford Ranger Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraanc View Post
After car wash this happened:
https://i.imgur.com/1M71Eeu.jpg
Water in drivers footwell on rubber carpet. My feet are dry. And i am aware of plenum drain problems. This must be something else.

Also when i drive in shorts i feel air breeze on my legs under the stearing wheel somewhere, even when all aircon and cabin wentilation are turned off.
Is that left hand drive?

I know the clutch line runs through the firewall and is protected by a grommit.. that could be missing.
But thats a guess, feeling a breeze would mean a larger more obvious hole, i'd have the carpet up and check everything.
TomRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2017, 10:17   #3
madeupname
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie Mk2 1.8 (Mo)

There's a huge rubber cover behind the pedals, mine was dislodged, yours could be missing entirely. I agree with Tom, peel the carpet behind the pedals back and take a look.
Mo was born Tuesday, 22nd June 2004 @ 08:32:41
This vehicle was the 99,307th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 5,377th 75 1.8 Connoisseur to be made out of 6,033
This vehicle was the 783rd 75 in Firefrost Red (code: CEV) to be made out of 2,089 Firefrost Red 75s
madeupname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2017, 10:27   #4
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

The steering shaft goes through a huge rubber grommet!
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2017, 10:29   #5
kraanc
Loves to post

Yes. It is left hand drive.
Old 7th August 2017, 11:09   #6
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

For water in footwell - check the sunroof drains at the bottom of the A pillar (if you have sunroof). The air breeze is probably just what is being pushed through the AC system by the car forward movement and coming through the footwell air vents. If you have climate control (digital controller) it will do this: if you have the three knobs type then air will be pushed through to whichever vent is selected by the directional control. Turn the climate control unit on and set it properly.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2017, 16:13   #7
Coups
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

Thinking here though that the sunroof drains wouldn't pool as they have in the picture. They'd be behind the carpet not on top of the rubber mat. That's proper foamed up soapy stuff. Like if the door hadn't been properly closed, the window slightly open or top of door not sealing right in its frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2017, 19:10   #8
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Didn't have chance to look at the photo earlier, looking at that makes me think door seal is leaking or door / window wasn't fully shut during washing.

there's enough there that easy enough to sit in the car while someone goes around the door and window with a pressure hose while you watch for where it's coming in.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2017, 18:16   #9
kraanc
Loves to post

I was in the car with whole family while going through washer and none of us seen any drop of water on ourselves or somewhere else. Only on that rubber mat. I am aware of plenum drains etc....
Old 17th August 2017, 19:06   #10
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

Drains wouldn't have done that ( I doubt!) as when mine leaked, and they all did, they leaked under the carpet, and the first I knew of it was when I leaned on the carpet and it then soaked through the underlay. Yeuch!
I'd agree with the missing \ dislodged steering rack grommet. It is a ruddy great big rubber thing in front of your feet, so water would flow onto the carpet coming through here, rather than under the carpet coming from the drain holes.

If there was no drippage through windows or door seals, it has to come from the front, BUT, I'm not sure how the soapy water would get behind the engine block like that. The only other thing I can think of is window seals: them stupid plastic doofers that seem to leak sometimes, but not convinced that would cause water on the footwell with no other noticeable drippage.

Sorry I'm not much help (or in fact, ANY help!) but keep us posted. I need to know this now.
Arryhall is offline   Reply With Quote