Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th August 2017, 18:33   #7171
oxfordblue75
Gets stuck in

rover 75 saloon 1.8T

Fitted smartnav today , registered it and used on test route , easiest navigation I've ever used ☺
oxfordblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2017, 20:06   #7172
madeupname
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie Mk2 1.8 (Mo)

Took Mo's bumper off, then crash panel, then the slam panel followed by the headlights. Then cut away the parts of the fan casing that Jules suggests, unbolted the a/c condenser and removed the busted radiator
Gave some parts a clean but by no m,eans all of it. Either tonight or tomorrow I'll clean everything I took off and then start putting it all back. Hope I can remember which bolts go where
Mo was born Tuesday, 22nd June 2004 @ 08:32:41
This vehicle was the 99,307th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 5,377th 75 1.8 Connoisseur to be made out of 6,033
This vehicle was the 783rd 75 in Firefrost Red (code: CEV) to be made out of 2,089 Firefrost Red 75s
madeupname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2017, 20:32   #7173
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Fitted an MG7 ATC to Tarquin. Looks much better.
Old 27th August 2017, 20:22   #7174
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

After a week of test driving the new Frosty over hills and dales, up mountains and down valleys, taking in the most spectacular scenery of north Wales I decided to give it a treat.

As a first off vacuumed it out, then I removed the double din sat nav thing and launched it into the nearest bin.

I then fitted a nice IOVOX CD80, which not only worked on all of the speakers, actually had a radio which....... well picked up radio stations, and worked with the steering wheel controls.

Next job was to remove the camera and wiring associated with it...... and find now no reversing lights

So after soldering and heatshrink treating the snipped off wiring to the rear lamp clusters, I turn my attention to the ominous looking wire poked out through the hole where the ABS sensor wiring passes into the boot.

Up onto the ramps, and I find a delightfully routed cable wrapped around the fuel lines and terminated in a shall we say less than satisfactory fashion at the reverse lamp switch coming out of the gearbox

Battery box removed and the wiring pulled up into the engine bay for a little fettling.

Once refitted, not only do the reversing lamps work, but also the PDC

A final job was to give it a little wash and stand back and admire the Firefrost coachwork

I must say although they may look fairly good in the hole, these Chinese double din ICE systems are not a patch on something manufactured by a reputable company, and I'm glad I had a real sat nav with me as the iGo?? was clunky and unreliable at best and unworkable at worst, and the sound quality was disappointing to say the least.

Never mind, it's all back to working as expected

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2017, 06:40   #7175
Supervinnie40

Rover 75 1.8 Club

I've done another thing.... :P

Better photo's might follow when she goes for her MOT next week.

I am replacing the backbox, so the exhaust had to go off. Might as well use the opportunity to do some proper cleaning. I also treated a few areas with rust, replaced all the anti-rollbar bushes and replaced the rear anti-roll bar with a new one.
I still have to do the exhaust manifold, I just can't figure out how to reach the bolts behind the alternator. Sensors and gaskets should arrive tomorrow along with a TAZU clutch to replace my master clutch with.
Old 28th August 2017, 09:28   #7176
Brunty
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Just finished cleaning Alloys and fresh beads of clear silicone around rear lights. Clean wheels set off the looks of the car.
Brunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2017, 10:02   #7177
kev-rev180
Avid contributor

mg ztt 190+

i now own 2 cars my ztt and my daily driver a trophy blue v6 zt so this weekend i have been playing with her she now as front mud flaps a wood dash chrome wing mirrors and a front passenger door that works today she will get new wheels a after market set that i did not want to put on the zt-t as i want to keep that stock the zt will get projector lights with wash wipe which is heated the zt-t will be getting a freshly painted front bumper when that comes out of the paint shop been a great weekend sofar
kev-rev180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2017, 19:34   #7178
Supervinnie40

Rover 75 1.8 Club

Thanks for the tip John. I actually removed most of the plastic covers and carefully put a heat gun at the manifold to warm it up. I have also sprayed it with WD40 a few days ago, to let it soak. It took a fair bit of effort, but the manifold is off.
Next time I will remove more parts from the front end to get better access, but it worked. Should get the new gasket any day now and then put everything back together. The new exhaust is already looking awesome.
Old 29th August 2017, 09:04   #7179
vacuman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev-rev180 View Post
i now own 2 cars my ztt and my daily driver a trophy blue v6 zt so this weekend i have been playing with her she now as front mud flaps a wood dash chrome wing mirrors and a front passenger door that works today she will get new wheels a after market set that i did not want to put on the zt-t as i want to keep that stock the zt will get projector lights with wash wipe which is heated the zt-t will be getting a freshly painted front bumper when that comes out of the paint shop been a great weekend sofar
Any chance you can use leading capitals, commas and full-stops? With proper punctuation us oldies on here will be able to understand you.
vacuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2017, 17:35   #7180
madeupname
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie Mk2 1.8 (Mo)

After yesterdays fuel leak almost all has dried off and watching the fuel return pipe like a hawk started her up and nothing squirted anywhere

Refilled Mo's new rad with coolant, and the engine of course. Took a bit less than 5ltr, which I was expecting.
I was shocked at how quickly the coolant starts to expand with the heat, and had to run back indoors for the cap Spillage was kept to the trough round the expansion tank.
Didn't heat her up to where the fan comes on but will be regularly checking levels. And so far no leaks either
Mo was born Tuesday, 22nd June 2004 @ 08:32:41
This vehicle was the 99,307th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 5,377th 75 1.8 Connoisseur to be made out of 6,033
This vehicle was the 783rd 75 in Firefrost Red (code: CEV) to be made out of 2,089 Firefrost Red 75s
madeupname is offline   Reply With Quote