Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th September 2017, 10:03   #11
Markpugh
Regular poster

Rover 75 tourer

Default Nutters on bikes.

I live opp a small park it gets over run with kids on quad bikes, of road bikes, them miniature things made in China , and worst of all rev and go scooters sounds like someone using a chain saw in our living room. Police seem 2 come when it's all over. Oh and as for the new drugs craze ie laughing gas I counted over 100 of those small canisters the other day.
Markpugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2017, 20:49   #12
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

It seems to be a problem all over the country, where people's motorcycles are stolen, trashed and then boasted about on social media.

The situation is so bad in Bristol that they are holding a protest rally
http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/br...bristol-464989

What we are talking about is people's pride and joy being destroyed.
I hope that the above rally will raise some awareness and maybe secure some prosecutions of these scum.

Let the good times roll............

Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2017, 09:49   #13
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Recently here on Teesside there have been two RTC's involving these unregistered bikes. One of them a head on with a motorist driving normally . As opposed to the motorcycle, ridden by an unlicensed, uninsured, rider sans crash helmet. Ridden in darkness, without lights, without tax, and emerging from a side road without warning...or looking where they were going.

Can you guess which vehicle and driver received full scrutiny from attending Police ?

Yep, you are right.....the car driver.
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2017, 10:18   #14
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Around here, we are troubled by them occasionally - mostly because we have a park 100yards away. When I see them more often, I report them and usually get a response. After I had made such a call once, I saw two of the police track bikes appear within minutes of my call.

Just as often I see the police using the track type bikes, patrolling the streets and the park lands, which maybe explains why we see so few illegally ridden. Police in cars are useless against such riders, because they can simply duck into a snicket where they cannot be followed by a car and be gone.

So at least around here, they do police the problem fairly effectively.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2017, 20:04   #15
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

The problem with bike theft is one of catching the thieving criminal scum, and then prosecuting them. My wife had her CG125 stolen because it was easier to steal than my Blackbird. They ragged it around a field and destroyed it. We knew it was the neighbour kid, and his mate. He even told us it was his mate and he "had nuffin' to do wiv it." which we both know is bull. Thing is, even knowing who took it, there was no way of the police prosecuting them due to lack of evidence as hearsay doesn't count. Then, of course, IF they are caught red handed, and go before a magistrate, which in itself is exceptionally rare, due to their age of under 16 generally speaking, they are given....a 6 month driving ban? Not sure in what universe that is a deterrent, but there it is. Off they go with their thieving, scumbag ways.

It is infinitely easier for a speed camera to prosecute an insured, taxed, MOT'd car with no police involvement, and there is even talk of Phone use cameras now, simply because there aren't enough police on the roads.

As for liveried up police cars, what you DIDN'T see was the number of unmarked cars and bikes that are now used much more often on motorways.

Still, speeding is the only thing that is treated as a crime anymore.
"Speed Kills!" No, BAD DRIVING kills! Doing 90mph on an empty motorway at 1am with no traffic isn't exactly dangerous, but fannying around at 55 in the middle lane of a motorway is infinitely more dangerous causing sensible road users to move over 2 lanes to pass, then back over 2 lanes, or break the law by undertaking!

gatso's, Specs average speed cameras, Hadecs 3, and of course, coppers hiding in bushes in virtually unmarked vans, and on top of bridges on motorways.
All very good at prosecuting otherwise law-abiding motorists, but stolen / untaxed / unregistered / uninsured / unlicensed and dangerously bad drivers are all perfectly safe from the law.

makes me very sad.
Arryhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2017, 20:17   #16
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arryhall View Post
or break the law by undertaking!
It's not actually illegal. Advised against in the highway code but there doesn't seem to be a law written that actually prohibits it.

The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2017, 20:36   #17
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rovering Member View Post
It's not actually illegal. Advised against in the highway code but there doesn't seem to be a law written that actually prohibits it.
That is the way I read it! It is a 'should not', not a 'must not'.

If you are in L1, with a vehicle travelling slower in L2, it is pointless crossing two lanes out and two lanes back to get past them. Stay in L1, don't adjust your speed, but always ensure you have an escape to your left, in case they wake up and suddenly decide to pull over to join you in L1.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 19th September 2017, 22:16   #18
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

Well, that's darned good to hear! I always thought it was insane to cross three lanes for no reason. I recall driving from Wales one evening with nothing on the road, and about a mile ahead was a car, in the middle lane, driving at 60mph. Straight motorway, and as far as I could see in my mirror, even after I crossed two lanes, and back again, he sat there, pootling along needlessly slowly in the middle lane. Supposed to be a law against that, but who will police that when the use of phones whilst driving is so roundly ignored?
Arryhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2017, 06:50   #19
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arryhall View Post
Well, that's darned good to hear! I always thought it was insane to cross three lanes for no reason. I recall driving from Wales one evening with nothing on the road, and about a mile ahead was a car, in the middle lane, driving at 60mph. Straight motorway, and as far as I could see in my mirror, even after I crossed two lanes, and back again, he sat there, pootling along needlessly slowly in the middle lane. Supposed to be a law against that, but who will police that when the use of phones whilst driving is so roundly ignored?
In such circumstances and with time to spare to play...

Overtake them by crossing the three lanes, return to L1 ease off so they overtake you, then pull out to L3 and speed up. Rinse and repeat, until they eventually wake up and decide to move to L1.

Old 20th September 2017, 20:30   #20
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vossy View Post
Apart from cuts to the plod brigade I do have a family member in the police and the stories are astonishing.
The police are now told NOT to pursue anyone on a motor bike that is being stupid, riding without a helmet, number plates etc etc simply because of lawsuits against them if the rider falls off and is injured or killed whilst being chased, it's as simple as that.
Anyone living or near Bassets Pole should see the idiots there on bike night, no plates, stolen bikes, no helmets, riding at stupid speeds doing wheelies and all sorts of stunts in front of the police and the all the police can offer is a car with a camera recording it all.

Interesting, so if I take the number plates off and don't wear a seatbelt I won't get chased in case in injure myself ........
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote