Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th September 2017, 13:29   #21
JimSharp39
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Send an email to DVLA.

Contact details here. https://www.gov.uk/contact-the-dvla/...e-tax-and-sorn
I have tried this: you get the same network of options, not one of which applies to my situation so I cannot open an email audit trail with them. They clearly do not want to enter into any kind of dialogue with someone who has been issued an opportunity to pay a fine over driving a SORNed vehicle.
JimSharp39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2017, 14:51   #22
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

The trick is to pick an option that get's close to your issue and then explain to the real person what the problem is, often I've found them very helpful.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2017, 15:05   #23
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

If you say ‘advisor’ when calling DVLA, it will transfer you to an agent.

First name and forum name: Ravinder

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur SE 116 (160 remap)
Royal Blue (JFM)

This vehicle was the 50,481st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 2,238th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,775
This vehicle was the 5,002nd 75 in Royal Blue (code: JFM) to be made out of 14,420 Royal Blue 75s
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2017, 15:17   #24
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

I tried the "no option" selection on the phone thing when I had an issue, (which they refused to enter into and fined me loads for THEIR mistake, hence my hatred of the evil wretches!) and the call just terminated after a while.
Arryhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2017, 16:12   #25
Amsca2
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T cdti

Found this on dvla web site and it doesn't say anything about 6 month. It's now a biannual direct debit so they will be looking for a second instalment even if
this has nothing to do with the issue

Skip to main content
GOV.UK
Search
Search
Departments Worldwide How government works Get involved Policies Publications Consultations Statistics Announcements
Home
News story
Direct Debit and abolition of the tax disc
Fromriver and Vehicle Licensing Agency Part of:Road safety and Autumn Statement 2013 Published:5 December 2013Last updated: 10 February 2014, see all updates
The government is changing the law in 2014 to reduce tax administration costs and burdens associated with vehicle tax.

Tax disc
The Department for Transport (DfT) made clear in its recent Motoring Services Strategy consultation that the government is committed to offering high quality and cost effective services to the public and businesses. DfT and DVLA have listened to the views of both businesses and the public to remove unnecessary burden and provide modern and efficient services to meet their needs. This includes getting rid of unnecessary paper where possible and making it easier for people and businesses to use government services.

Today (Thursday 5 December 2013), the Chancellor of the Exchequer announced that the government will change the law in 2014 to reduce tax administration costs and burdens associated with vehicle tax.

DVLA will offer motorists the ability to spread their vehicle tax payments should they wish to do so. For vehicle tax starting from 1 November 2014, motorists will be able to pay vehicle tax by direct debit annually, biannually or monthly. There will be no additional handling fees for annual payments but to limit the impact on the public finances there will be a small surcharge of 5% of vehicle tax for biannual and monthly payments. This is half of the 10% surcharge that is currently applied to 6 monthly tax discs and which has been in existence for a number of decades.

Also from 1 October 2014, the paper tax disc, first issued on 1 January 1921, will no longer be issued and required to be displayed on a vehicle windscreen. Vehicle tax will still need to be paid but with DVLA having a digital record of who has and has not paid, a paper tax disc is no longer necessary as proof that vehicle tax is paid. The vast majority of motorists pay their vehicle tax with latest figures confirming that over 99% of motorists’ tax their vehicles on time… Most on-road enforcement action is now based on using Automatic Number Plate Readers. These cameras use the number plate rather than a visual inspection of the tax disc. The police also have access to DVLA records via the police national computer. There are significant savings for fleet operators and other businesses from not having to handle the administration of tax discs.

Find out all the latest about the Autumn Statement 2013.