Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 29th September 2017, 18:00   #21
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

I use Facebook, but prefer forums. I don't really consider myself old, and I quite like it here. I have found that sticking to the topic - the cars the club was made for/about usually keeps me out of trouble! I am absent a lot at the moment due to personal issues and not anything to do with the club itself. I would not be offended by a club poppy banner, its a nice respectful idea, but down to club peeps whether they have the time to change it or not. I have run sites myself, and while it seems like a ten minute job, some days those ten minutes can be elusive!
Old 29th September 2017, 18:10   #22
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
I use Facebook, but prefer forums. I don't really consider myself old, and I quite like it here. I have found that sticking to the topic - the cars the club was made for/about usually keeps me out of trouble! I am absent a lot at the moment due to personal issues and not anything to do with the club itself. I would not be offended by a club poppy banner, its a nice respectful idea, but down to club peeps whether they have the time to change it or not. I have run sites myself, and while it seems like a ten minute job, some days those ten minutes can be elusive!
Well said Dawn, great post! Thanks for making those points. I support your view about a club poppy banner.
Old 29th September 2017, 18:40   #23
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
... in case we offend someone of a different faith or colour or creed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Fitting all three categories, I am offended to think that you think someone like me might be offended by such things.
Trikey is, of course, only reflecting popular belief. But Maninder your comment is brilliant and shows how the ruling class has got it all so terribly wrong.

Simon
Old 29th September 2017, 18:51   #24
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

I went back to .org last week to look for some 45 advice , it was dead - please don't let our wonderful site go the same way.
Old 29th September 2017, 19:04   #25
Vanbursta
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Conn

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-45 View Post
I went back to .org last week to look for some 45 advice , it was dead - please don't let our wonderful site go the same way.
It's already getting a lot quieter!!
Old 29th September 2017, 20:10   #26
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

is this any use?

or this

personally, it doesnt bother me. Some things are personal, and dealt with in personal ways, each to their own. However I do think we are no longer offended by things, but rather offended on behalf of others. Anyway that is another argument for a different forum lol.

with reference to remembering the fallen, I do often wonder how the fallen of the 'opposition' are remembered. After all they were serving their country too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11.jpg (103.5 KB, 147 views)
File Type: jpg 11b.jpg (113.1 KB, 149 views)

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!

Last edited by clf; 29th September 2017 at 20:14..
Old 29th September 2017, 20:23   #27
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

Is anyone actually offended by a poppy? Just like the drivel that starts being posted on facebook in December about people being offended by the term 'merry Christmas' or a nativity scene.....absolute rubbish. This 'offence' nonsense is made up plain and simply to vilify.

Get the poppy up.....and a Christmas tree in December
Old 29th September 2017, 20:33   #28
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

Is 41 classed as old these days? If so, then I am. Can still play Van Halens' "Eruption" on guitar and bench press 300lbs. The light glints off my scalp these days, but that's more a case of hair follicles being overly sensitive to Testosterone levels and male pattern baldness than just age.

I drive a Rover coz it was the most luxurious car I could get for the least amount of money imaginable. There will ALWAYS be disagreements and arguments whenever 2 people or more discuss anything. Hard to do, but the best thing is to try and forget it. I say try, it's difficult. There will be 2 differing opinions on how to change a wheel. It's life.

This forum, since I discovered it very recently, has provided me with a wealth of information on my car; has given me tips and shown me how to do things I didn't even know existed (plenums, sun roof leaks, light cluster seals) and it shall continue to do so as I change my steering wheel, courtesy of a member on here, and my new head unit, courtesy of a member and fit my tow bar being picked up this weekend, from....a member from here!

The forum may be slower than it has been, but it is far from dead, and is eminently useful. People will come, and people will go, that's just life. And remember, 75's and ZT's DO have a reputation as "old mans cars" and are getting on in age now, so you have to expect a drop off in numbers as the cars reach the end of their lives and people go onto other marques and a lower rate of uptake on the forum due to the aforementioned reputation.
Old 29th September 2017, 20:37   #29
keithst24
This is my second home

X Power Grey MGZT 180+ Auto... Bumble & 1.8T Odessey Rover 75 Contemporary SE manual

Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady zed View Post
Is anyone actually offended by a poppy? Just like the drivel that starts being posted on facebook in December about people being offended by the term 'merry Christmas' or a nativity scene.....absolute rubbish. This 'offence' nonsense is made up plain and simply to vilify.

Get the poppy up.....and a Christmas tree in December
I remember reading that an Indian takeaway was told to remove it's Xmas decorations by the council as it may offend someone... You couldn't make it up.
Born Monday, 16th June 2003 @ 14:30:35
This vehicle was the 9,196th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 576th ZT 180 + to be made out of 828
This vehicle was the 871st ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
Old 29th September 2017, 20:39   #30
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithst24 View Post
I remember reading that an Indian takeaway was told to remove it's Xmas decorations by the council as it may offend someone... You couldn't make it up.
You could, but people, oddly enough, wouldn't believe you.
Closed Thread