Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th June 2018, 19:22   #1
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

Default Drivers pillar wet

Hello! Long time since I called in, what with one thing or another. But I've popped in from time to time, but not found this particular problem so thought I'd ask here.
The drivers pillar, between the windscreen and the side window, appears to be getting very wet when it hoofs it down with rain. I pulled the cushioning away and it's inside the box metal but it's a square that I can't see into so can't see if there's an hole anywhere. I thought it might be the windscreen but I've read they are bonded in so don't know if this is right or not. I also heard it could be the sunroof plenum, but I would have thought that would leak lower down?
Any suggestions as to what it could be or the cure? Not been able to find anything on this, but then I don't know if I used the correct search parameters or not, so sorry if it's a common thing that I missed.

Thanks in advance, you lovely, knowledgeable people.
Arryhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2018, 19:34   #2
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Do you have a sunroof?
Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2018, 19:51   #3
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

Yes. I have a sunroof, which is where i thought the sunroof plenum may be blocked but I shoved a cable down and it didn't seem to solve anything. I looked at the windscreen and there is a break in the chrome right about where the leak is, BUT, that doesn't mean that's responsible for anything, hence my quandry.
Old 14th July 2018, 19:09   #4
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

The dry weather has meant this water ingress has not been an issue. However, it rained a lot last night and the inside of the car was wet. I had left the sunroof open on the up position so it had rained in, but it did remind me of the pillar issue. I tried to rod the sunroof plenum but I don't seem to have anything thin or flexible enough to get any length down the pipe. Any suggestions? Could it be that drainage pipe?
Old 14th July 2018, 19:18   #5
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

Thin length of curtain wire to rod it, but be very gentle as you can actually dislodge it at the top, and/or the bottom. Then it will definitely leak in!
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote