Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th September 2018, 22:18   #41
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

okay. you have now confused me. Can I get the rad repaired or do I need a new one?
I am easily confused when knowledgeable people tell me different things especially when I don't know what my radiator is made of. Could be Bacofoil for all I know.

I hope not though. There's cutting costs and then there's sillyness.
Arryhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2018, 11:29   #42
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

Yeah, I just checked and the bit what is leaking is plastic, so I called that radiator repair place and they said they can't fix that, so I'm going to order a replacement rad off the eBay that I found that for £30 with a 3 months guarantee.

I've borrowed me mums Fiesta for now so no real emergency to get it fitted.

I MIGHT even be brave enough to have a look to see if it may be something I can do myself. I doubt I'll have the confidence, but I might.

Shame really, as I would rather fix what I have instead of adding to land fill, but what can you do?
Old 17th September 2018, 11:52   #43
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Are you sure it’s not the O ring behind the elbow that’s leaking? A simple and cheap fix...
Old 17th September 2018, 12:08   #44
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

If you do need a radiator, they are the same across all models, you may need to change the top plastic elbow depending on which engine type you take it from.
Old 17th September 2018, 22:03   #45
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

AHHAHHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

I called an eBay guy about a radiator I saw for £30, just to make sure it was okay. Talking to him, told him which bit was leaking because it's plastic and can't be repaired and he said, are you sure it isn't the elbow? That just bolts on, so off I went and had a look and YES! It is the elbow opposite the header tank. 2 bolts and one pipe and it'll be fixed! £10, and no pulling the front of the car apart.

Hopefully, it is just that bit, but looking at the water streaming from it, it looks like the elbow has split in the inner seam, so replace this and no more water leak. Hopefully.

I'm less and less angry with the car if such a simple fix is all it is. I'll find out Wednesday.

Old 18th September 2018, 09:10   #46
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Put plenty of penetrating oil on the bolts before removing them, the nuts are brass and just slide into the plastic on the radiator, if one starts spinning (usually the bottom one) you are in trouble!
Old 18th September 2018, 09:38   #47
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

Quick question.

Is there some sort of gasket / seal I need to get that fits between the elbow and the radiator, or does it just get tightened to it?
Old 18th September 2018, 10:06   #48
Chilljohn
Posted a thing or two

MG HS PHEV

Have you contacted mobile yet ? Or have you posted the thread without even talking to them, give them a call they are the most friendly people you can call , it sounds like the other garage is trying to take you down the path I have nothing but good work from mg mobile , lots of things are not adding up on this , like the bolts how did they see this , did they take your engine apart ? Again sounds fishy give mg mobile mechanics a call 07595708278 and talk to them !!
You say yourself the cars not been using fluids !!

Free enable of digital speedo readout on message centre (takes 2 mins)

Free Vis motor testing, via obd port courtesy of my delphi so no need to take anything apart, along with free code scan including abs and airbag message me for details

Last edited by Chilljohn; 18th September 2018 at 16:30..
Chilljohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2018, 10:28   #49
**Kayleigh**

MK2 MGZS x3, MGF's, MGTF's, MGZR's, MGZT's, Rover 45, Rover 25 commerce, etc etc

I have been directed towards this thread by a returning customer and I must say how upset I am to be reading this. Firstly, after the conversation I had with the op about his turbo failure, I have not heard anything since. The op clearly states he hasn't lost any coolant since we did the work, so a damaged radiator and snapped bleed screw? someone please explain why the leak only appears after the local garage have done the turbo? If this was something we had done during the gasket repair, the coolant level would have been dropping continuously over the last 14 months. If I was asked to take a look, or even given the opportunity to look, I can assure you all, as many of my customers will tell you, even out of warranty I would have sorted it free of charge if it was one of my parts or due to my technicians work. Yes, we will have the odd customer who is unhappy but unfortunately we cannot please everyone no matter how hard we try, and we all have issues, of course we do, but we do sort them when given the chance.

Dawn, a little communication from you would have gone a long way, time and time again we collected your car free of charge from your home address and delivered it back, time and time again we helped you out and went the extra mile, always were as kind to your circumstances as we could be. we put ourselves out for you out of hours and when we did the original head gasket change we advised you that the block was pitted and could cause issues down the line but you couldn't afford the engine to be replaced or the block to be skimmed so we put it back together at your request and still gave a warranty on it. If I remember correctly, the last time you used us was for an mot test? Nothing else? I'd appreciate if you could email me or private message me to discuss further as I am really disheartened with your opinion of us after everything.

To the op, please do give me a call if you want to discuss, i'll do my best to help.
**Kayleigh** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2018, 10:50   #50
75c
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Kayleigh** View Post
Dawn, a little communication from you would have gone a long way, time and time again we collected your car free of charge from your home address and delivered it back, time and time again we helped you out and went the extra mile, always were as kind to your circumstances as we could be. we put ourselves out for you out of hours and when we did the original head gasket change we advised you that the block was pitted and could cause issues down the line but you couldn't afford the engine to be replaced or the block to be skimmed so we put it back together at your request and still gave a warranty on it.
Really, really interesting.Have to say, what I've read on this thread about you isn't consistent with what I've heard about you elsewhere. I really dont think threads like this are fair.

Seems to be several patterns emerging
75c is offline   Reply With Quote