Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st November 2018, 14:39   #1
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Default No Longer Own Any Rovers

The 45 just disappeared on the back of a beaver tail recovery truck. I feel a bit sad about it but it needed all new rear brakes, it leaked somewhere at the top of the nearside A pillar so it didn't smell very nice inside, the air con compressor was history and there was a geometry problem at the back that was scrubbing one of the tyres - oh and the OS wing was a slightly different shade of starlight silver to the rest of the car (that actually really annoyed me ) ..... and the bonnet cables were stretched and...... anyway you probably get the idea......

They are actually very decent cars to drive as the double wishbone suspension is vastly superior to a 75 but £600 ish to repair a maybe £800 car that no one wants - no
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2018, 14:56   #2
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

What have you been doing to my car?
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2018, 15:10   #3
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

lol, errrr nothing.......

There was an ingress of water from somewhere though at the top of the A pillar, when you drove down a rainy motorway you could actually watch the damp patch in the headlining grow and the water then went down into the footwell rotting the carpet.... I could have removed the interior but...well....

Then our unusually hot summer broke the aircon and the rear brakes were shot etc etc.

Nothing I blame you for, and as I said I actually really enjoyed driving the car.

Actually the greatest thing about it is that I got to meet you in person sometimes you don't understand someone until you either meet them (however briefly) or actually talk to them. There is some rubbish on here that is caused just because people haven't done either. No member I've met or talked to has been anything other than a very decent person and it is something this forum should be proud of.

Last edited by mystabe; 1st November 2018 at 15:20..
Old 1st November 2018, 20:00   #4
charlie 22
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 2.5V6, Mazda Cx30

Well you can't go wrong with an Mazda 6, we have one and I can't really fault it apart from being really boring to drive.
Old 1st November 2018, 20:12   #5
flying_pig
I believe i can fly

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie 22 View Post
Well you can't go wrong with an Mazda 6, we have one and I can't really fault it apart from being really boring to drive.
You can if its a diesel
flying_pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2018, 21:19   #6
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie 22 View Post

If by boring you mean not having to wonder what new interesting noise will develop every time you drive it then I completely agree

Mine goes round corners better than any Rover I've driven, is as fast as my 160 map auto diesel and actually seems to achieve exactly the same mpg - but unleaded petrol is cheaper, as is road tax and insurance. I'm happy with boring me
Old 2nd November 2018, 05:36   #7
charlie 22
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 2.5V6, Mazda Cx30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
If by boring you mean not having to wonder what new interesting noise will develop every time you drive it then I completely agree

Mine goes round corners better than any Rover I've driven, is as fast as my 160 map auto diesel and actually seems to achieve exactly the same mpg - but unleaded petrol is cheaper, as is road tax and insurance. I'm happy with boring me
Yes, it does everything very well we have the detuned 2lt petrol version and is still very nippy and a great long distance mile muncher. We did London to Edinburgh on a full tank of petrol and still had change with 50miles left in the tank according to the cars computer.
Old 2nd November 2018, 06:38   #8
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

"If by boring you mean not having to wonder what new interesting noise will develop every time you drive it then I completely agree."

That did make me hoot!
coab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2018, 13:02   #9
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post

Actually the greatest thing about it is that I got to meet you in person sometimes you don't understand someone until you either meet them (however briefly) or actually talk to them. There is some rubbish on here that is caused just because people haven't done either. No member I've met or talked to has been anything other than a very decent person and it is something this forum should be proud of.
I tend to have that effect on people Dave - it's my personal charm and charisma. In fact, I am always surprised that more of the members here have not appreciated it.

How many miles did you cover in the 45 in you ownership?

I do feel a tad guilty that these things happened to a car that I sold you.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2018, 14:57   #10
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
I tend to have that effect on people Dave - it's my personal charm and charisma. In fact, I am always surprised that more of the members here have not appreciated it.

How many miles did you cover in the 45 in you ownership?

I do feel a tad guilty that these things happened to a car that I sold you.

Oh don't - I think we did about 10,000 miles between us. I actually rather liked it and it was my car for over 5000 of those miles, the suspension is far superior to a 75 or ZT and even as a standard car they are fairly fun to drive. I could have lived with replacing the rear brakes and the AC compressor etc - it was the leak that did it for me though. There was no immediately obvious reason for it as all the seals were fine but it was at the top of the NS A post and the whole car smelt rotten after last winter, to be honest I didn't love it enough to rip out the whole interior to find out why Oh and when it was icy last year my hefty daughter pulled out one of the rear door handles and they are a huge pain to fix on the facelift ones.

The OS front wing was a slightly different colour to the rest of the car as well so you have to draw a line sometimes and it was all just too much money to spend for what it was

Sorry but I don't hold you in anyway responsible