Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th January 2019, 17:59   #1
kev-rev180
Avid contributor

mg ztt 190+

Default bf52zts

i have just became the new owner of a typhon mg zt reg bf53zts i will be giving the car a total resteration to make her like new again, dose anyone know of this car, prev owners, history ect i belive that it was a factory press car and she had a sister car a ztt with ztt being the last three letters on her reg
kev-rev180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2019, 18:26   #2
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Any pics? That reg sounds familiar.

This vehicle was the 6,883rd ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 2,375th ZT 190 + to be made out of 4,023
This vehicle was the 14th ZT in Typhoon (Chromactive) (code: IAB) to be made out of 74 Typhoon (Chromactive) ZTs

Last edited by trikey; 20th January 2019 at 18:29..
trikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2019, 18:50   #3
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=236868
https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...postcount=12:D
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2019, 22:07   #4
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

Was going to buy it few years back, as a donor car. It was a dog, had 6” of water in it and engine was smoking. Paint was terrible, door and wing needed replacing and roof needed paint.
No evidence at all suggesting it was a press car, other than it having a BF52 reg.
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2019, 23:27   #5
kev-rev180
Avid contributor

mg ztt 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonite View Post
Was going to buy it few years back, as a donor car. It was a dog, had 6” of water in it and engine was smoking. Paint was terrible, door and wing needed replacing and roof needed paint.
No evidence at all suggesting it was a press car, other than it having a BF52 reg.
car now as the int removed all leeks sorted it was sun roof now as hairpins paint is rough engine seems to be sorted slave is stuffed but there is somthing that made me want her so hopefully i will get her done
Old 21st January 2019, 09:00   #6
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev-rev180 View Post
car now as the int removed all leeks sorted it was sun roof now as hairpins paint is rough engine seems to be sorted slave is stuffed but there is somthing that made me want her so hopefully i will get her done
Yeah it’s been stripped out and Chris also replaced the drivers door and wing.
I had a good look over it and aside from the bumper scuffs and the roof, it just needs a good weekend session with some cutting pads and a rotary polisher. Unlike some dull Typhoons this one is like mine that has a bright green flip, though I can’t comment on the replacement panels that have been fitted.
The Highline had been partially removed but it had a Becker BM24 amp in the boot which is a massive improvement over the Phillips one.
When I started the engine, it did sound fine with no knocks, but when I let it run up to temp it started to smoke, this was coming from the front and smelled a bit like rubber or plastic. I felt it was perhaps a belt rubbing against one of the covers but was assured it wasn’t. Either way, it was smoking.
I’m almost certain this has a full switch array too, but you’ll need to pull the ATC unit out and fish around.
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2019, 09:24   #7
kev-rev180
Avid contributor

mg ztt 190+

Quote:
Yeah it’s been stripped out and Chris also replaced the drivers door and wing.
I had a good look over it and aside from the bumper scuffs and the roof, it just needs a good weekend session with some cutting pads and a rotary polisher. Unlike some dull Typhoons this one is like mine that has a bright green flip, though I can’t comment on the replacement panels that have been fitted.
The Highline had been partially removed but it had a Becker BM24 amp in the boot which is a massive improvement over the Phillips one.
When I started the engine, it did sound fine with no knocks, but when I let it run up to temp it started to smoke, this was coming from the front and smelled a bit like rubber or plastic. I felt it was perhaps a belt rubbing against one of the covers but was assured it wasn’t. Either way, it was smoking.
I’m almost certain this has a full switch array too, but you’ll need to pull the ATC unit out and fish around.
thanks for the reply We ran car for about 20 mins this saturday were did you notice the smoke coming from, as you say car as inside stripped, chris said it was so he could fix water leek which he as now done,car had highline, i will refit that as i will be returning her back to factory spec
Old 21st January 2019, 19:44   #8
Typhoon190
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190 Monogram Typhoon

I have a 190 Typhoon ZT-T BF52-XAS.

Unfortunately she also needs some work.
Typhoon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2019, 19:52   #9
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:

Are all BF52’s press cars then?
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2019, 05:05   #10
Ad03mgzed
Regular poster

Mg zt

Default Bf52zts

Yes i can confirm the swamp was removed out of bf52zts first job which was done under our ownership. We also found water was coming in through the drivers side door due to the damage in which it had sustaned with the massive dent. We took the decison at the time to replace the door with a ignition blue one we had in to stop any more water getting in to the car. Our originaly intension was to fully repaint her but sadly by heart just wasent in it probarly the fact that i bought the car on my grandads funeral. But i found her a new loving home and sent her away with loads of new bits including a full brand new exhaust and when she was collected she had a fully refurbished borq and bex clutch and new slave cylinder so no more no clutch pedal nice and smooth theres a lot of work to be done on her to bring her back to her formar self and i know kev has big plans for her and shes only up the road from us so i know i am always welcome to check in.

Good luck kev

Yes she was a complete dog when i first got her and quite a few issue shave been resolved since thwn and shes slowly becomi g back to her formar self again.
Ad03mgzed is offline   Reply With Quote