Trader

ZT 260SE, Connoisseur CDT

Or choice even
2Diesels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2020, 06:41   #151492
2Diesels
Trader

Anyway on a lighter note, it’s quite bright & sunny here this morning, little bit on the cool side though.
Oh & I had another firm out to assess my house damage last night & what a different attitude, some of the things he told me about the way the water could affect certain parts of my house made me very pleased I didn’t just roll over & let the first lot do the job. He told me at least a large section of the downstairs floor would need to come up to dry out underneath before any of the cosmetic stuff gets done & just from walking on the floor (wayroc boards) he said straight away “that’s gone a bit bumpy” I didn’t have to feed him any clues, he was there an hour & actually looked at stuff, not like the other lot
Old 19th March 2020, 07:41   #151493
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts

Morning everyone.

Overcast but at least it’s not raining, yet.

Today is a very special day for me. It is the 11th anniversary of the day that was to change my life forever. It would be the last day my Val would ever set foot in our home in Barkingside.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2020, 07:44   #151494
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Diesels View Post
Anyway on a lighter note, it’s quite bright & sunny here this morning, little bit on the cool side though.
Oh & I had another firm out to assess my house damage last night & what a different attitude, some of the things he told me about the way the water could affect certain parts of my house made me very pleased I didn’t just roll over & let the first lot do the job. He told me at least a large section of the downstairs floor would need to come up to dry out underneath before any of the cosmetic stuff gets done & just from walking on the floor (wayroc boards) he said straight away “that’s gone a bit bumpy” I didn’t have to feed him any clues, he was there an hour & actually looked at stuff, not like the other lot
That sounds like a more professional outfit Col, compared to Bodgitt and Scarper.
Old 19th March 2020, 08:20   #151495
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Morning all, business as usual here in Norfolk too, seems the world needs make up containers at this moment!

(We do make dettol bottles as well so I guess that’s classes as vital)
Old 19th March 2020, 16:18   #151496
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Morning everyone.

Overcast but at least it’s not raining, yet.

Today is a very special day for me. It is the 11th anniversary of the day that was to change my life forever. It would be the last day my Val would ever set foot in our home in Barkingside.
As you have said to others Bob, try and focus on the happy time you had together, take it easy and try not to get too upset,I know that’s easy for me to say. I had a part cancellation of a job today due to the Coronavirus. A property that has been converted into individual office units, 3 floors, I do one floor inside and out each month. The landlord called me this morning to say just do outside as most of the tenants were working from home, but the few that were there didn’t want anyone coming in to the office other than staff, which is totally understandable. I do another property round the back of the main house, well I have to reverse along a track with grass either side to get to one side of it,today I reversed so far along, then stopped, I should have just left the van there but thought as could go back a tad further. I put the gear lever in first rather than reverse and went forward into soft ground, immediately the van sunk into it and I was stuck. I jacked the front wheels up and wedged stones underneath but it didn’t work. The landlord had to tow me out with his Landrover, he said put it in second and just let it crawl out when I take the strain. This I did but the ground was so soft the wheels were spinning on it until I got onto harder ground, it made a right mess and he was not happy. He said I told you to take it steady, look what you have done, huge wheel spin marks on the grass. I said I did, I wasn’t revving the engine , but he didn’t believe me. If he had said leave it in neutral and just steer, let me do the work, it wouldn’t have happened. Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn’t it?
Old 19th March 2020, 19:56   #151497
2Diesels
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
That sounds like a more professional outfit Col, compared to Bodgitt and Scarper.
I wouldn’t care they were a well known local firm..........I just heard this morning however that they’ve gone jumper bumps skyward anyway so they won’t be doing it
Old 19th March 2020, 20:44   #151498
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Evening all, time for a feed..

Old 20th March 2020, 05:47   #151499
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Evening all, time for a feed..

Was that the first course Andy? It looks thoroughly healthy and yummy

Good morning all, how is everyone? On day 12 of self-isolation. Today I will clean upstairs, then detailed cleaning, light switches, remotes, phones. Apparently we should all be doing this every day

A nephew called into our flat in Bristol to check on the mail. Before I flew back to Kenya recently, I had stocked up with everything. He said he needed toilet rolls and could he take some of ours. It was nice of him to ask
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2020, 06:05   #151500
2Diesels
Trader

Morning Phil, morning anyone else who’s up & about.
Cold here just now but set to be quite a nice day.
Had another visit from the drying out people yesterday, (not for my drink problem, for my wet house) they’ve ripped some floor tiles up to monitor/assist the progress, the place looks a right mess, but needs must I suppose