Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 26th March 2020, 16:10   #1
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts
Default Another insurance post.

Got my renewal for insurance and found it had gone up by over £100. Had a look online and from the same company quote was only £20 more than i had paid previously so not overly impressed. Gave them a call and haggled a bit and now it is cheaper for the same cover as it was last year. Just goes to show you shouldn't ever just let your insurance roll over and strengthens my opinion that most insurance companies are money grabbing b******s!!

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2020, 18:36   #2
vacuman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

My brother (60 & in Enfield, N London) has his SEAT with Sheila's Wheels. Renewal quote received last week and the premium is up by £60 despite no changes, claims etc. Went on Confused and cheapest was........Sheila's Wheels......same level of cover and £20 LESS than last year.
vacuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2020, 19:01   #3
Francophile
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Connoisseur SE Saloon

Just had my renewal refused by General Accident, despite 20+ years unblemished licence and ditto NCB. Impossible to find any means of direct access on their website, just a repeat of the 'uninvitation' message. Hence, I can't find out whether ithey object to me, the Rover, or my postcode. I detest the rigmarole of finding alternative anything, and especially insurance.

Time to bite the bullet. At least I've got three weeks for research, starting with: Has anyone on here had good experience of their insurer?

Derek.
Francophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2020, 09:23   #4
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Fortunately I haven't had to go through the "test" of whether an insurance company actually delivers in an effective and efficient way for decades but -

LV were brilliant when sons came home from Uni adding them on and taking them off our family car policy for very little money.

NFU Mutual are reported to be very good. I have used them and the customer service was excellent but they are expensive.

https://www.which.co.uk/money/insura...e-aqkx76z7t0vw

I'll be interested to hear who's had great service as there's a renewal coming up in a few months.

Andy.
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2020, 09:26   #5
Yorkshire GOC
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francophile View Post
Just had my renewal refused by General Accident, despite 20+ years unblemished licence and ditto NCB. Impossible to find any means of direct access on their website, just a repeat of the 'uninvitation' message. Hence, I can't find out whether ithey object to me, the Rover, or my postcode. I detest the rigmarole of finding alternative anything, and especially insurance.

Time to bite the bullet. At least I've got three weeks for research, starting with: Has anyone on here had good experience of their insurer?

Derek.
I have a Turbo remapped to 200 and fully Comp - found Adrian Flux and Admiral OK and reasonable - but i do have 10 years no claims.

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2020, 12:58   #6
kev-rev180
Avid contributor

mg ztt 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francophile View Post

Derek.
yes esure got the renewal £100 les than last year then put a secound car on the policie first car then got a £20 a mounth discoun
t and the 2nd zt 160 v6 is £58 mounth so i get 2 zts for £105 a mounth i do have 12 years no claims on the first car
kev-rev180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2020, 18:15   #7
SideValve
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Had my renewal through with Swiftcover this morning - been very happy with them - not used them for any claims but very easy with changing cars, adding users etc.. However renewal was up 17% (£46).
Thought I'd try a cheeky quote using similar details and got refused!
Tried confused.com - Churchill were 34% (£91) cheaper than current premium.

So bl**dy irritated to have to go through this rigmarole on a regular basis
The Story So Far: Austin A35, Morris Oxford, Triumph Herald, Mini 850, Mini 1000, Austin Allegro, MG Midget, MGB GT, Rover SD1 2600, Austin Maxi, Rover 200, Rover 825, Rover 800, Bedford TK, Range Rover 3.9 efi, Rover 400, Rover 100, MGF, Rover 25, Rover 75 1.8, Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.0 V6, MGF 1.8i, Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.0 V6 Auto, Morris Eight Series E, Morris Minor 1275.
SideValve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2020, 21:05   #8
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideValve View Post
Had my renewal through with Swiftcover this morning - been very happy with them - not used them for any claims but very easy with changing cars, adding users etc.. However renewal was up 17% (£46).
Thought I'd try a cheeky quote using similar details and got refused!
Tried confused.com - Churchill were 34% (£91) cheaper than current premium.

So bl**dy irritated to have to go through this rigmarole on a regular basis
Got to admit I always think of them as robbers without the violence. It is a licence to print money I am afraid.
Old 30th March 2020, 00:16   #9
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Its not really car insurance is it, in fact it is a person tax if it was solely car insurance then it would be easy ie Rover 75 is just that a Rover 75 disregarding what level the trim is etc,

A Jag is a Jag and so on but they can hype it up if you are younger, older, have a bad record etc.

As already stated robbing us blind and we stand for it, the whole industry needs a massive shake up, I mean over half of us will not be on the roads that much at the moment no discount for that

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2020, 10:19   #10
markypicks
Gets stuck in

rover 75 saloon cdt club se re map 160 bhp

mines gone up 4 quid a month with 10 years no claims rgds mark
markypicks is offline   Reply With Quote