Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th September 2017, 17:33   #1
GordyB
Gets stuck in

ZT, ZT-T

Default Suicide Bird

Pheasant ran in front of me at about 65mph on the way home tonight! Was expecting more damage when I looked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2001 Connie SE Raven Black, CDT - scrapped
2004 ZT-T+ XPG, 1.8T - sold
2002 ZT+ Biomorphic Supertallic #2 of 10, CDT - sold
2004 ZT-T+ Goodwood Aquamarine, CDT - sold
2004 BMW 320d
GordyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2017, 17:46   #2
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Thanked 1,161 Times in 924 Posts

You know what's coming don't you? If the bird was doing 65mph, how fast was the car travelling? (meep meep)

Last edited by Heddy; 6th September 2017 at 19:17..
Heddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2017, 18:00   #3
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heddy View Post
You know what's coming don't you? If the bird was doing 65mph, you fast was the car travelling? (meep meep)
Well the "pheasant plucker" beat me to it.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2017, 21:51   #4
madeupname
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie Mk2 1.8 (Mo)

rover eats birdies!
Mo was born Tuesday, 22nd June 2004 @ 08:32:41
This vehicle was the 99,307th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 5,377th 75 1.8 Connoisseur to be made out of 6,033
This vehicle was the 783rd 75 in Firefrost Red (code: CEV) to be made out of 2,089 Firefrost Red 75s
madeupname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2017, 09:38   #5
flying_pig
I believe i can fly

MG ZT-T

Must have been one of them boy racer pheasants @65mph one of them crashed on to my Passat few years ago doing at least 80mph smashing my badge less than a grill
flying_pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2017, 11:26   #6
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Back in my motorcycling days I spotted a small bird coming at me from the side, didn't reappear at the other side. Thought nothing of it until next time I washed the bike, found it rather overcooked wedged between the exhaust downpipes.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2017, 16:19   #7
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Hope you enjoyed your snack Gordon! "Grilled" pheasant can be very good with a little oil and British Racing Greens!
Mike
Old 9th September 2017, 01:34   #8
deltic08
Avid contributor

52 ZT 190 Solar Red. 54 ZT 190 SE Ignition Blue. 54 ZT 190 SE Rio Red. 05 ZT 1.8T Aurora

After reading GordyBs first post, I thought if a pheasant can do 65mph why hasn't anybody bred homing pheasants but reading subsequent posts I laughed so much I couldn't get my breath. Thank you lads, the best laugh I have had for ages.
deltic08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2017, 07:40   #9
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

Pheasants are stupid creatures!

On holiday in Scotland a couple years back, we were driving past a Pheasant farm, and there were hundreds of them all over the place, seemingly mainly in the road! One particular little guy saw the car and got spooked, so he ran. The only problem was that he ran around in circles in the road! I was doing MAYBE 2mph as these baby pheasants were all over the place, and I stopped. For several minutes. Whilst he ran around and around and around. The wife and I were laughing our heads off. Finally, he got the idea and ran to the side of the road and into a field. I started moving forward really slowly, and a few seconds later, he decided to run to the OTHER side of the road, right in front of the car. I stopped, but must have missed him by mere millimeters!

Same holiday, a few days later, I'm driving on the A9 (I think!) a major road, although not massively busy most of the time (where we were, in the Highlands, anyway), and there was a dead pheasant on the road.
"Awwww" I said, as I am a big softy and hate anything fluffy and cute being hurt, so I lined the car up so the wheels were staggering it so I didn't get a puncture and I simply cannot run over a dead anything without feeling hugely sick. As the car passed over the bird at about 60mph, the bird sat up, banged its' head on the underside of the car and when I looked in the rear view mirror, it was flapping about in its' death throes at the side of the road. The daft thing had decided the best place to take a nap was on a main road and wasn't dead at all. Well, it was soon after. I felt really bad about it!

I also had a badger run into the front of my car one evening going home from work. I was doing a measly 30mph when this great big black and white hairy thing smashed through a hedge and stright into the front of my car! I slammed on the brakes so must have hit it going maybe 15-20, and it never even slowed the critter down! Just smashed through the hedge on the other side of the road without breaking stride! Cracked the plastic bumper and something else on the car, but I doubt that badger even noticed.

Never been hit by something running at me at 65mph though!
Arryhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2017, 08:52   #10
Luckygrandads75
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Too close for comfort

Many years ago I was working really early down a private road when I glimpsed what looked like a big striped plastic bag under a mass of rhododendrums.So being a bit nosey had a closer look and found my first ever badger lying prone in the undergrowth.I got within a couple of foot and marvelled at what an amazing looking animal but unfortunately deceased it was but moved on because had to check customer was in before starting work.

I went back ten minutes later and it was goneThe following weekend up early again driving down said private road my mate the badger popped out from the bushes and waltzed off towards the houses in front of my old 8 seriesand so I sat and watched and realised

This was around the time all the gardens were being dug up some needing their lawns completely returfed a mystery that owners thought was foxes or birds after grubs under the lawns but I think my badger was joining in too
Luckygrandads75 is offline   Reply With Quote