Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th December 2019, 21:39   #1
macafee2
This is my second home
 
Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Southampton
Posts: 10,038
Thanks: 1,055
Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,381 Posts
Default Anyone upgraded to a DAB radio

Been thinking about fitting a DAB radio.
Went to Halfords to take a look at one.

They said I would also need:-
harness to make it work with steering wheel controls.
DAB aerial
Facia
this all seems to add a lot to the cost

Did you need to fit all of the above and if so can you recommend any?
This is the one I was looking at
Sony MEX-N7300BD





macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2019, 09:14   #2
AndyN01
Posted a thing or two
 
Rover 75 diesel tourer

Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Tamworth
Posts: 1,210
Thanks: 923
Thanked 548 Times in 367 Posts
Default

Hi,

I had a look at an "add on" unit 18 months or so ago.

Thread here:

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...&highlight=dab

Abandoned as the results were not as good as FM.

However, DAB has doubtless come on since then and I've been in several newer cars - including a 2010 BMW 320D - with DAB as standard and they were fine.

Maybe a chat with Jubarelly would be worthwhile? He'll be the guy who knows what's what.

Andy.
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2019, 11:45   #3
suzublu
MCMLV
 
suzublu's Avatar
 
rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Seaton Carew
Posts: 24,959
Thanks: 47
Thanked 6,105 Times in 4,080 Posts
Default

I fitted a Pioneer Dab a couple of years ago Ian, works perfectly, along with usb port for an I-Pod or memory stick. The aerial is included, sticks to the windscreen and earthed to the pillar. All I needed was a fascia, about £14, & a BMW to ISO connector with steering wheel control.
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2019, 13:49   #4
Gren 24
Loves to post
 
Gren 24's Avatar
 
2004 Rover 75 Tourer Connoisseur SE CDTI

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Stafford
Posts: 439
Thanks: 90
Thanked 88 Times in 75 Posts
Default

Hi I have fitted a Pioneer DEH-4900DAB and very pleased with it Will but a link below I also Got CTSRV006.2 connect so I have full Steering Wheel control..


If I was you I would ask for the CTSRV006.2 instead of the one in the kit.


https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROVER-75-...53.m2749.l2649


I have used it up North and Scotland and been happy with it and like the fact I can play my CD to.


All The best which ever one you go for


Les
__________________
2004 Rover 75 Tourer Connoisseur SE CDTI
Gren 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2019, 14:03   #5
grivas
Posted a thing or two
 
grivas's Avatar
 
Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: East Midlands
Posts: 1,980
Thanks: 99
Thanked 385 Times in 291 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Been thinking about fitting a DAB radio.
Went to Halfords to take a look at one.

They said I would also need:-
harness to make it work with steering wheel controls.
DAB aerial
Facia
this all seems to add a lot to the cost

Did you need to fit all of the above and if so can you recommend any?
This is the one I was looking at
Sony MEX-N7300BD





macafee2
I have a Pure 600 which works in conjunction with the existing set up and I am very happy with it, easy to set up and great reception.

Please note what ever you decide to get make certain it supports DAB+ not just DAB, otherwise a lot of stations will not be receivable.
Merry Christmas
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to grivas For This Useful Post:
Old 12th December 2019, 14:06   #6
trebor
My other car is a Jaguar XK
 
trebor's Avatar
 
Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Walsall
Posts: 12,062
Thanks: 416
Thanked 1,407 Times in 709 Posts
Default

If you have a double din which connects to the Internet like some of the later navalls or xtrons do, just download a radio app, connect to the Internet via your mobile as a hot-spot and get crystal clear Internet radio for no extra cost, uses very little data
__________________
Click on business card below for Midlands Nano Meets Website




Robs Car Gallery
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to trebor For This Useful Post:
Old 12th December 2019, 20:24   #7
macafee2
This is my second home
 
Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Southampton
Posts: 10,038
Thanks: 1,055
Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,381 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor View Post
If you have a double din which connects to the Internet like some of the later navalls or xtrons do, just download a radio app, connect to the Internet via your mobile as a hot-spot and get crystal clear Internet radio for no extra cost, uses very little data
I just have single din and my phone...wi fi hot spot ha ha. It is old enough to be called an abacus. Phone calls and text messages, that's about all its good for and all I can cope with.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2019, 20:26   #8
macafee2
This is my second home
 
Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Southampton
Posts: 10,038
Thanks: 1,055
Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,381 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gren 24 View Post
Hi I have fitted a Pioneer DEH-4900DAB and very pleased with it Will but a link below I also Got CTSRV006.2 connect so I have full Steering Wheel control..


If I was you I would ask for the CTSRV006.2 instead of the one in the kit.


https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROVER-75-...53.m2749.l2649


I have used it up North and Scotland and been happy with it and like the fact I can play my CD to.


All The best which ever one you go for


Les
found this
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/ctsrv006-2-stalk-adapter-for-rover-25-45-75

from what I understood the one I looked at did not come with a lead for steering wheel control

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2019, 20:27   #9
macafee2
This is my second home
 
Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Southampton
Posts: 10,038
Thanks: 1,055
Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,381 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grivas View Post
I have a Pure 600 which works in conjunction with the existing set up and I am very happy with it, easy to set up and great reception.

Please note what ever you decide to get make certain it supports DAB+ not just DAB, otherwise a lot of stations will not be receivable.
Merry Christmas
i'll check, thank you, important information, appreciated

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2019, 20:29   #10
macafee2
This is my second home
 
Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Southampton
Posts: 10,038
Thanks: 1,055
Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,381 Posts
Default

just checked yes its DAB +

this is the one I was looking at, Sony MEX - N7300B

would appreciate your thoughts on it.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2006-2020, The Rover 75 & MG ZT Owners Club Ltd