Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20th June 2011, 20:55   #30
bassman
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE Saloon (Manual)with XPower Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman View Post
Thanks Steve, nice description, and yes, understand what you mean about cable ties, if the experts are using that method, its ok for me too.
After reading lots and lots I thought i understood what i am doing but unfortunately ive had too jmuch information and am baffled again...JUles helped n3m to get his going, and i tried to follow that, but found i was putting both neg and pos to the same wire....

Let me explain my situation as i t may be different to previous posts...

I have a 2001 CDT...I wasnt able to find a diesel setup, so bought a fan and control box off a petrol model...which ive tested and is working, at both speeds(before and after resistor...

Ive cut the wires from my old 3 speed motor, at the motor, ive cut the wires on the 2 speed at the control box, putting aside the petrol control box and cnnectors to loom....

I'm sorry i get mixed up with terms like switch polarity, and conect to negative etc...i know what they mean, but find it easier if it says for example...connect black from plug to black from motor, connect grey from control box to red from motor etc.....sorry to be so pedantic, but really i need an idiots guide....and photos just seem to make it worse(unless it says connect this to this etc...

so ive cut the wires from my 3 speed motor and have a black(going to connector), a red a purple and a grey...(from the control box)

the black wire on my 2 speed motor, passed through the silver resistor(to be changed soon, even tho it works) and also has another feed into it after the resistor(high speed i presume)....

Can someone(hopefully Jules) explain in language a 10 year old child would understand(ie connect black to black) how i get this darn thing to work...

On dismantling, i found someone had previously hacked at the cowling round the aircon pipes to get it off, theres no zigzag filling in between either the aircon, or the intercooler radiators,some of the bolts were rotten.the two pipes running across the front were hanging off(brackets broken) and there is a hole in the intercooler rad(which is possible i might have done, altho dont think so), but i do suffer from whooping on first start up every day...this is secondary tho....

Its the wiring thats giving me stress...

I'm quite pleased Ive managed to get the bumper, slam panel, and fan out....like my rear springs, no where near as bad as i expected...

Sorry Steve to hijack your thread

Thanks in anticipation...

Last edited by bassman; 20th June 2011 at 20:59..
bassman is offline   Reply With Quote