Notices

Old 3rd March 2023, 13:00   #168841
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgies Dad View Post
That is leagalised robbery Jeff,when you factor in mooring fees,safety certificate as well,you need a mortgage just to have the pleasure of owning a boat,thats without the actual cost of boat and everyday running costs.

Thats why my boat had to go,it was too expensive to own,good job you Essex Boys are loaded.
The funny (not funny) thing is that if I moored her locally, say at Titchmarsh Marina in Walton on the Naze it would cost a whole lot more.
The Broads is still in fact one of the cheapest waterways of the UK to use a boat on!
It ain’t a cheap hobby
Old 3rd March 2023, 19:58   #168842
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Evening all, Found the missing passwords I couldn't find for some sites for this new hard drive I installed on my desktop PC. I've been making new passwords in the password manager most of the afternoon & driving trains

Been waiting in since I came back from shopping for the boiler guy to survey the old boiler AGAIN and missed him Aaarrgghhh! It must have been when I went into the greenhouses to cover the plants with bubble wrap sheets, There was a note behind the door saying he'd been & missed us Something happened to the last survey & it couldn't be found I give up it's been dragging on since January with no heating or hot water.

I made chicken in Hoisin sauce with stir fry veg & egg noodles for tea.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2023, 03:46   #168843
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Evening all, Found the missing passwords I couldn't find for some sites for this new hard drive I installed on my desktop PC. I've been making new passwords in the password manager most of the afternoon & driving trains

Been waiting in since I came back from shopping for the boiler guy to survey the old boiler AGAIN and missed him Aaarrgghhh! It must have been when I went into the greenhouses to cover the plants with bubble wrap sheets, There was a note behind the door saying he'd been & missed us Something happened to the last survey & it couldn't be found I give up it's been dragging on since January with no heating or hot water.

I made chicken in Hoisin sauce with stir fry veg & egg noodles for tea.
A very good morning to you Ian

The boiler problem has been going on for a very long time. Why does the installer have to carry out another survey, is it for insurance to authorise a new installation? I hope it’s resolved as soon as possible.

Talking of computers, I have 3 MacBook Pro which are now over 10 years old, they still work but Apple are no longer doing software updates for any of them. Apple would like me to buy a new one, but with the expense of the dentist that won’t be happening anytime soon. How naughty of Apple to be like that.

I have always found passwords a blight. Which password manager do you use if I may ask?

When is your next radiation treatment starting again?

This week the weather in Nairobi has been very hot and dry, by the evening we are ready for bed but then the bedrooms are hot so we have to have the fans on until about 11pm when it starts to become cooler.

Jessica has a thing about Dirk Bogarde, as a young woman she read all of his books but never watched his films, so last evening we started watching some of his movies.

Have a great weekend.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2023, 04:28   #168844
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Good morning all,

Yesterday we heard how one of the staff, a carer - was robbed at gun point whilst on his way home on his motorbike 2 days ago. This happened not far from his village at about 6:30pm

He works here as a carer looking after a nephew who is severely disabled with autism. The nephew has no power of speech, he is incontinent and he can be aggressive - I have been punched and bitten during one of his tantrums and he is now aged 26. Instead of placing him in a facility, he is cared for by his dad with carers 24/7.

Getting back to the carer, he wasn’t hurt but his mobile phone and wallet were taken.

He said the robbers were 2 youngsters on their motorbike which looked new. One carried a handgun, similar to a Beretta pistol and the other pulled out a dagger.

The guy with the dagger said to his mate with the gun, “put one in him”. But the other one said “no, he didn’t resist - we got what we wanted, let’s go”.

When he reported it to the police, he was told he did the right thing in not resisting. He said the police told him they are now shooting the robbers instead of taking them in because the gangs will have them back out in 2 weeks.

I felt sorry for the carer and he was clearly mentally traumatised, so we helped him out and gave him an old Nokia he can use and ordered a Pepper Spray for him to carry.

These things and Tazers are freely available via online shopping in Kenya. A sad reflection on society today. But as you all well know, this can happen anywhere, even in the UK.

What is everyone up to?

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 4th March 2023 at 04:32..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2023, 05:51   #168845
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Morning Phil and fellow early risers.

Off to the St.Piran festival in Redruth with the CMGOC this morning. Leaving there by 16.00 as I have a dinner date with the Southwest Crew at a new venue at a Beefeater at Marsh Mills. It’s a 70 mile trip back and I need to allow for the massive road works that are going on at the moment.

Banana is booked in to have her windscreen repaired at Auto Windscreens in Plympton on Monday.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2023, 08:36   #168846
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, What a grey day again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
A very good morning to you Ian

The boiler problem has been going on for a very long time. Why does the installer have to carry out another survey, is it for insurance to authorise a new installation? I hope itÂ’s resolved as soon as possible.

Talking of computers, I have 3 MacBook Pro which are now over 10 years old, they still work but Apple are no longer doing software updates for any of them. Apple would like me to buy a new one, but with the expense of the dentist that wonÂ’t be happening anytime soon. How naughty of Apple to be like that.

I have always found passwords a blight. Which password manager do you use if I may ask?

When is your next radiation treatment starting again?

This week the weather in Nairobi has been very hot and dry, by the evening we are ready for bed but then the bedrooms are hot so we have to have the fans on until about 11pm when it starts to become cooler.

Jessica has a thing about Dirk Bogarde, as a young woman she read all of his books but never watched his films, so last evening we started watching some of his movies.

Have a great weekend.

Morning Phil, We left a message on his answer machine & he got back to us last night, They cant find the survey the other engineer did & they say it needs an asbestos test on it, This Potterton condenser boiler was only around 7 years old so there wouldn't be any asbestos in that surely!! Bloomin' thing was supposed to be a decent high priced model back then but only lasted that amount of time What a swizz.

I installed the latest Linux Vera 21.1 LTS OS on a new hard drive on this old desktop & it's running like a good un with this new OS Very quick & snappy now.

I use Bitwarden password manager, I've never had any problems with it just the dozy so & so that uses it

When I finished the month long daily treatments I had a meeting with the consultant there about what happens from here, She said it will be six months before they contact me again to go for a PSA blood test to monitor the prostate. I said that seems a long time to get some results but it's par for the course according to them.

My peeing is as bad as ever with at least ten trips to the bathroom every night & more through the daytime.

She said it will be 6-8 weeks before the prostate settles down after the radiotherapy but it's been like this since the first week of treatment. I think I'm getting a satellite delay from the radiotherapy! I've never felt so fatigued or tired in my life.

The Tamulsolin tablets don't seem to be working as well as they did when I first started taking them but I'm still managing to empty my bladder......eventually

I've run out of them so I'll find out if there's any difference until they arrive, Had a heck of a job getting a new supply as my Doc said he hadn't had any information from Christies about them despite me dropping Christies letter off with my docs reception when they first prescribed them to me

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto

Last edited by Lancpudn; 4th March 2023 at 08:39..
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2023, 09:33   #168847
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Morning all, a cool morning today and I have to try and move some scrap marks on our insignia, it was parked on the road and during the night someone who was either watching what the mobile phone was doing under alcohol drink ,and bumper our car and knocked the window mirror cover off it, and made scrape marks all along the driver side then disappeared very quickly. My wife didn’t know it was damaged to the paintwork until she went to get in the car to come home .

Last edited by RPWC; 4th March 2023 at 12:35.. Reason: Scrap marks
RPWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2023, 12:05   #168848
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Morning all, a cool morning today and I have to try and move some scrap March on our insignia, it was parked on the road and during the night someone who was either watching what the mobile phone was doing under alcohol drink ,and bumper our car and knocked the window mirror cover off it, and made scrape marks all along the driver side then disappeared very quickly. My wife didn’t know it was damaged to the paintwork until she went to get in the car to come home .
That is not good Richard......Hope Karma comes back to bite the scrote who couldn't be bothered to do the right thing and leave his/hers/binary non specific details on your car!
Old 4th March 2023, 12:12   #168849
coolcat
This is my second home

It's a bit of a grey dull day out there this afternoon.

Leo has decided that the bedroom is the best place to be

Leo by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr

Only a couple of hours now before the Bahrain Grand Prix Qualifying gets under way
Old 4th March 2023, 12:28   #168850
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
That is not good Richard......Hope Karma comes back to bite the scrote who couldn't be bothered to do the right thing and leave his/hers/binary non specific details on your car!
It was Wednesday night Jeff it happened and we didn’t know how damaged it was on til Thursday night when she saw it when she was on her way home.
She saw how damage it was damaged and today I washed the car and used some G3,a bit stronger than T Cut, and it’s faded a bit but still very obvious, my daughter is putting her Fiesta at the beginning of Easter holiday and the Insignia will have to go after it ours is going to need rear passenger door and rear boot and now driver and passenger doors too.
Makes me think why have a good clean perfectly good car then somebody damages it and bagger off and don’t admit for damage it. I’m still asking my neighbour across the road to ask me his camera to see if saw the camera.