Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2020, 12:41   #12
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

I think if the government try to impose a third lockdown there will be riots. They have messed about so much,spent billions on junk ppe, left care homes to fend for themselves and still intend to push forward with the likes of HS2 that nobody really wants anyway, and now they are talking about spending 29 million on a celebration party for the "B word" What about putting that towards the public sector pay rise instead of pay freeze? Put into the nhs or on the covid vaccine. As for Xmas hoolie, maybe allow two households from same family to join at Christmas,let the pubs and restaurants open with a booking system for drinks and meals ,2 hours per party, limited to group of 6.
Old 1st December 2020, 21:09   #13
Alf Best
Avid contributor

MG-ZTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
I think if the government try to impose a third lockdown there will be riots. They have messed about so much,spent billions on junk ppe, left care homes to fend for themselves and still intend to push forward with the likes of HS2 that nobody really wants anyway, and now they are talking about spending 29 million on a celebration party for the "B word" What about putting that towards the public sector pay rise instead of pay freeze? Put into the nhs or on the covid vaccine. As for Xmas hoolie, maybe allow two households from same family to join at Christmas,let the pubs and restaurants open with a booking system for drinks and meals ,2 hours per party, limited to group of 6.
Pubs can't operate at anything other than a loss under tier 2, they are better off under tier 3, at least then their staffing costs can be claimed back after they pay their staff.

It's a common misunderstanding that the taxpayer pays the wages of furloughed staff, the reality is somewhat different, the employer pays their staff, then claims the money back.

All well and good, but if your business income is reduced by 100%, then where does the money come from to pay your staff up front?

There will be those so far removed from the realities of life to think that staffing costs are the main problem, of course they make up a large proportion of business overheads, but not all.

These type of people think this will be fine once a vaccine is rolled out, wrong, the damage that is being currently inflicted upon SME will be fatal in many cases.

I've tried not to think about it, effectively I have all but lost a business which has been a life's work, a small staff of five who I consider to be part of my extended family, face a bleak start to the New Year, and for what?

There has just been a Panorama special on BBC1 "businesses on the brink" catch it on iPlayer and see what the reality of what is being faced.

Alf
Alf Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2020, 22:29   #14
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

I watched Panarama tonight and there were some truly heartbreaking cases.To see the devistating effects ill thought out government policies are having on people's lives was hard to watch.There has to be a better way.
VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote