Notices

Old 30th December 2020, 18:21   #11
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I drove to the cross roads this afternoon. There is no problems with visibility. The chap in the video pointed out it was the A pillar of cars that was an issue as well as cars approaching the stop sign were coming from behind the cars travelling south on the main road, from the right. It did not look that way this afternoon.
I don't think he mentioned that drivers fail to stop at the stop line which could be seen in his video. The size of the A pillar "would not be an issue" if people stopped and looked.

The work has not been done, there is a fenced off area that I presume will be the new part of the road. Now here is a thought.
Traffic will approach the main road, stop, pull out onto main road, turn left, drive only a "few" yards and either slow or stop to turn right and...... get rear ended cos they pulled out in front of an approaching car. They need to swop the side roads so drivers turn left of the main road and not right.

macafee2
my point was, there was too much visibility! A few hedgerows here and there towards the end would show the break in the road at the junction.

Another road about 1/2 mile further down from the link above

HERE

on our cars, the A pillar visibility is a nightmare. I am extra careful now approaching certain roads - I missed a 7.5 tonne van once! It was not an issue in terms of me cutting it up, but just the fact that it was not visible until I entered the roundabout shook me a little.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!

Last edited by clf; 30th December 2020 at 18:23..
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2020, 18:24   #12
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Why does it take--Dangerous Drivers--to high light a problem like this ???-----Doesn't say much for the council members brain power.---
There is a stop line and a stop sign, perhaps many years ago when the road was created and the stop line and sign were put in place, the council members thought drivers would stop.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2020, 10:47   #13
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

We have problems locally with the Norwich NDR. A post construction report seems more bothered with finance than why the accidents are occuring. It's a dual carriageway with three lane roundabouts??? Three into two doesn't go but the county planners don't see the problem (non-drivers I guess)!
https://www.norfolk.gov.uk/roads-and...uction-reports
Check out stage 4 audit.

Last edited by roverbarmy; 2nd January 2021 at 16:29..
roverbarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2020, 13:05   #14
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
There is a stop line and a stop sign, perhaps many years ago when the road was created and the stop line and sign were put in place, the council members thought drivers would stop.

macafee2
Yes, probably true, however since then the number of accidents should have switched on the brain of some one with the power to do some kind of modification, from the safety point of view.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2021, 11:14   #15
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

Dangerous roads? no such thing, just a handy excuse for lack of attention and poor skill. Dont know the road but thousands must use it without killing themselves. Chris.S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2021, 17:20   #16
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
The work has not been done, there is a fenced off area that I presume will be the new part of the road. Now here is a thought.
Traffic will approach the main road, stop, pull out onto main road, turn left, drive only a "few" yards and either slow or stop to turn right and...... get rear ended cos they pulled out in front of an approaching car. They need to swop the side roads so drivers turn left of the main road and not right.

macafee2
As sure as eggs is eggs!

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote