Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st January 2021, 13:43   #11
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
I personally know of three cases where the death was put down to Covid, And the real cause of death was not mentioned. So yes I do think the figures are being manipulated, To what end

I think people are completely missing the point here. It is not the number of deaths which are put down to Covid or not that is important. It is the number of people affected by Covid as this is what uses up medical resources (people & beds) so that routine operations etc are postponed.
another_clean_sheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2021, 13:49   #12
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1975 View Post
walk through any town and watch the mindless people with cotton masks on that make no difference what so ever,I'd rather trust my own immune system than wear a petry dish on my face,which could do more harm than good,if a trump can get through boxer shorts and a pair of jeans. .a virus can get through a bit of cotton...think about the logic guys n think for yourselves,don't let other's think for you..

Masks per se do not stop the virus. What they do is stop is the water droplets that have the virus on them from being transmitted. Think about it Steve.
Old 1st January 2021, 13:51   #13
steve1975
Banned

rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_clean_sheet View Post
I think people are completely missing the point here. It is not the number of deaths which are put down to Covid or not that is important. It is the number of people affected by Covid as this is what uses up medical resources (people & beds) so that routine operations etc are postponed.
Excactly... more people have died in relation to not being able to get diagnosis appointments or ongoing treatments etc than covid has killed...FACT
steve1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2021, 13:55   #14
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

Quote:
Excactly... more people have died in relation to not being able to get diagnosis appointments or ongoing treatments etc than covid has killed...FACT

So what you are saying re #10 that if none of us should wear masks and that will improve the overall situation?
Old 1st January 2021, 14:49   #15
steve1975
Banned

rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_clean_sheet View Post
So what you are saying re #10 that if none of us should wear masks and that will improve the overall situation?
I'm saying that with a 99.7% recovery rate I don't see the point in it all...remember a few years ago with ebola,bse,swine flu,avian flu...especially ebola with a 0% recovery rate,where was all the restrictions then?
It's all about politics and money...for instance if a cancer researcher developed a cure for cancer that would eradicate it with a simple injection...that person would dissappear very quickly along with all the research...pharmaceutical companies make billions each year with treatment etc to which the government have a very avid interest in
steve1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2021, 14:56   #16
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

Quote:
I'm saying that with a 99.7% recovery rate I don't see the point in it all...remember a few years ago with ebola,bse,swine flu,avian flu...especially ebola with a 0% recovery rate,where was all the restrictions then?
It's all about politics and money...for instance if a cancer researcher developed a cure for cancer that would eradicate it with a simple injection...that person would dissappear very quickly along with all the research...pharmaceutical companies make billions each year with treatment etc to which the government have a very avid interest in

That does not answer post #18 that the hospitals will be completely over whelmed and you would not get cancer treatment treatment etc.
That is my last post on the subject as like a number of your previous posts over the years it is either fake news or a conspiracy theories.
Old 1st January 2021, 14:57   #17
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Question for you...can you prove they died from covid...even 'dying from' and 'dying with' are 2 different things..let alone all the deaths with covid as cause of death that's not even been tested.
Don't side step the question, answer it and if you don't know, say you don't know

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2021, 14:58   #18
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Quote:
the number of reported covid deaths for the under 60's is 368...so why lock the whole country down...more people died on the roads last week alone...
Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
Question Steve, how many of the people over 60 who died from Covid 19 contracted it from or had contact with people under 60?
Quote:
Question for you...can you prove they died from covid...even 'dying from' and 'dying with' are 2 different things..let alone all the deaths with covid as cause of death that's not even been tested.
Steve, with respect I'm not the one quoting figures. If you are prepared to quote figures then surely you should be able to back those up and drill down to substantiate them. I do however speak of facts I know of, such as my wife ( A Nurse in a nursing home) having to certify deaths as no GP's would enter the premises and no, she did not receive any payment for it.

I do agree the figures are muddled and there are deaths recorded as of Covid when it should be with Covid. I also know from the early days of the pandemic deaths recorded that had no mention of Covid should have been of and with but as no testing was available it is unknown.

I respect your views Steve but please don't call me a muppet because I choose to wear a mask, shop for my elderly next door neighbours and try to use common sense in where I go and what I do in an effort to protect others, including people who have an opinion similar to yourself.

Finally in support of your view in part: The destruction of our economy has to be addressed and going forward long term full lockdowns will not be viable, it would be far better if people would just be mindful of what they do, respectful of others and use common sense. If we all started doing that now it may help.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident

Last edited by stocktake; 1st January 2021 at 15:14..
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2021, 15:42   #19
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
This is a frightening perception you have. With the exception of avian and swine flus, the transmission of such diseases is very different (these would be more comparable to AIDS). With regards to Swine and Avian flus, you do know they infect the body and immune systems in different ways to each other as well as Covid-19 dont you?

A mask will NOT stop you from contracting it, it WILL reduce your risk, it WILL reduce your risk of infecting others. These restrictions are not about stopping people from contracting the virus and dying. They are about slowing the infection rates and reducing the risks, so the health service can deal with the situation as effectively as possible.

I know what you were stating in the op too, but a death certificate can have secondary illnesses mentioned on them too.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2021, 15:48   #20
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

If you read enough fake news, you will start to believe fake news.

When do the Aliens step in?

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote