Notices

Old 8th January 2021, 10:53   #31
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymc View Post
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dic...lish/terrorist Someone who uses violent action, or threats of violent action, for political purposes.
At what point do you split a protestor from the type of terrorist that uses bombs?
A protestor that uses unlawful violence and intimidation conjures up a different image then terrorist that uses bombs and guns.

If the news had reported terrorist's had stormed I would have expected people with guns and bombs but reporting protestor's had stormed I believe conjures up a more realistic image.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2021, 11:10   #32
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

If you will fully damage a speed camera in the uk you can be charged with a terrorism offence.
Old 8th January 2021, 11:39   #33
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
If you will fully damage a speed camera in the uk you can be charged with a terrorism offence.
Is that from experience Andy ?
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2021, 13:04   #34
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
At what point do you split a protestor from the type of terrorist that uses bombs?
A protestor that uses unlawful violence and intimidation conjures up a different image then terrorist that uses bombs and guns.

If the news had reported terrorist's had stormed I would have expected people with guns and bombs but reporting protestor's had stormed I believe conjures up a more realistic image.

macafee2
Some were carrying guns and other paramilitary hardware. More guns, pipe bombs and molotov cocktails were found. A police officer died after being bludgeoned with a fire extinguisher. Some of the mob were wearing t-shirts which read "Camp Auschwitz". Some wore t-shirts reading "Civil War". Some tore down their nation's flag and replaced it with that of their leader. Some were carrying the flag of a well-known neo-nazi group. Some were carrying the confederate flag - the symbol of those who went to war to maintain slavery. Some were carrying plastic cable-tie handcuffs in preparation for taking elected representatives hostage. These are the people to whom Trump said "We love you". They talked about "storming the Capitol" and described their actions as "insurrection". All of this has been filmed, photographed and reported in extensive detail, mostly by the perpetrators themselves, so it's all out there for you and everyone else to see.

What would you call them if this happened in Westminster? These were not protestors, they were fascist terrorists whose aim was to stop the democratic process through aggressive, illegal, violent and intimidatory means. If you don't see that by now, you're choosing not to.
A Nigerian mother of three
andymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2021, 13:06   #35
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

Interestingly, I see that Trump's lawyers in Pennsylvania have submitted a motion for - and I quote - "leave of this court to withdraw as counsel for Plaintiff in this action (...) inasmuch as the client has used the lawyer's services to perpetrate a crime and the client insists upon taking action that the lawyer considers repugnant and with which the lawyer has a fundamental disagreement".
A Nigerian mother of three
andymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2021, 13:08   #36
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

I see a police officer has sadly died following the eventhttp://news.sky.com/story/trump-supp...ttack-12181989

How terribly tragic
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2021, 13:18   #37
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-45 View Post
Is that from experience Andy ?

I cut the heads off parking meters.. 🤟
Old 8th January 2021, 13:25   #38
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

another older but relevant social media post I came across today

one of the comments in a post this was on is on point too

author via Facebook Jim Covert-lly
King will still be taught about, quoted by and inspiring humanity in 200+ years time. Trump will be remembered only as a warning to it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 136743786_258850985596745_952151177233674093_n.jpg (106.8 KB, 53 views)

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2021, 14:25   #39
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymc View Post
Some were carrying guns and other paramilitary hardware. More guns, pipe bombs and molotov cocktails were found. A police officer died after being bludgeoned with a fire extinguisher. Some of the mob were wearing t-shirts which read "Camp Auschwitz". Some wore t-shirts reading "Civil War". Some tore down their nation's flag and replaced it with that of their leader. Some were carrying the flag of a well-known neo-nazi group. Some were carrying the confederate flag - the symbol of those who went to war to maintain slavery. Some were carrying plastic cable-tie handcuffs in preparation for taking elected representatives hostage. These are the people to whom Trump said "We love you". They talked about "storming the Capitol" and described their actions as "insurrection". All of this has been filmed, photographed and reported in extensive detail, mostly by the perpetrators themselves, so it's all out there for you and everyone else to see.

What would you call them if this happened in Westminster? These were not protestors, they were fascist terrorists whose aim was to stop the democratic process through aggressive, illegal, violent and intimidatory means. If you don't see that by now, you're choosing not to.
The only bit I do not go with is the description of them as terrorists, please do not suggest or insinuate I am ignoring anything else.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2021, 14:48   #40
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
The only bit I do not go with is the description of them as terrorists, please do not suggest or insinuate I am ignoring anything else.

macafee2
How can you not describe them as terrorists? They had/have intent to change a democratic process, by force, to suit their own agenda, and caused fear among those they came up against? By that one can also describe Britain (and other nations) as terrorists by their involvement in the removal of Saddam Hussein in Iraq and Ghadaffi in Libya by the support and force used to do so - which to a certain extent I actually do (but that really is another argument best not continued in this thread lol)

Just because they didnt have balaclavas or a long beard, it doesnt make them any less of a terrorist. Growing up in NI this was an issue I had when non British/Irish terrorists were described as such. But if you think about what they did, they are no different to the rioters at orange marches, or any one of the bombers who planted devices to cause disruption to the British and Irish governments.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!

Last edited by clf; 8th January 2021 at 14:51..
clf is offline   Reply With Quote