Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 31st December 2020, 17:56   #1
rover_ed
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Default Tps plug

Hi all been havin problems with the cars idle keep dying spluttering changed plugs coils tps iacv still had no joy until while it was running i was moving wires then i touched the tps wires and it reved up and stopped spluttering if i move the top n bottom pink wires it dont change but move the middle green one thats when it revs n changes i carfully stripped the wires back but theres no breaks in them is the problem somwhere else down the wire or the plug itself. Edit 1.8t

Last edited by rover_ed; 31st December 2020 at 18:13..
rover_ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2021, 12:38   #2
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

For your problem what is needed is a---Hands-on--- search which can really only be done by you.--
The problem can only be in the parts you are moving.--The solution will be there too.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2021, 13:51   #3
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Use contact cleaner spray and a diamond coated spade cleaning file if you have one.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
Old 3rd January 2021, 16:19   #4
rover_ed
Avid contributor

MG ZT

After sorting the wiring out i checked the cooland again and it was empty topped up the lumpy/misfire came back on and of no check engine light i have noticed a fair amount of steam from exhaust when i took it up the road and gave it abit you cant see behind me for it there was some water out exhaust other day and i no its cold but this amount of steam dont seem normal to me i think the gasket is leaking coolant into one or more cylinders. It as had a mls fitted before my ownership now the copper from kseal ive flushed twice may have been added after the mls and not before i will do a few more checks compression test ect but i might strip engine and re do it all its no bother as it was brought has a project anyway and cheaply i actully ordered the stuff to do it but after fixing the cam seals there wasn't any oil leaks so thought it might of been ok seems not. At least if i strip it all down and do it i no its gona be ok
Old 3rd January 2021, 17:17   #5
rover_ed
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Ive just had plugs out no signs of water pistons black spark plugs same condition all 4 quick comp test throttle open all four cylinders around 130 mark that was dry test warm engine