Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st July 2018, 21:03   #11
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

I know someone close to me who is living with one. He’s a total scumbag and fleeces her of most of her money and bullies her. I’ve never known such a compulsive liar. Now of course I’m going to be called a racist for picking on a minority group. Minority is not a license to simply ignore the laws that make the backbone of society.
Old 1st July 2018, 21:16   #12
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUBIE View Post
Is it not a crime to drive on a road without MOT and insurance?

The Policing of our land these days is ridiculous.

I'm sure if it was a anyone else they'd be right round.

Stubs
Yes it is, but the coppers are scared of the travellers,

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird View Post
The old bill dont want to know when it comes to travellers, a guy i know had his pick up stolen, the coppers told him where it was ( travellers site) then said we cant go on there as we know they have firearms!
And the police don't? Lame excuse, same response as above, running scared.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
Well I was going to suggest a flamethrower, but carrying a couple of bottles of napalm on your back might attract suspicion
Yes but that would be illegal wouldn't it Ronnie? and then they would be entitled to compensation for damage and loss, which Dan won't get of course, because there is no justice with pik. I wont finish that.
Old 1st July 2018, 21:23   #13
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

I know this wont help anyone out, but THIS story from a couple of months ago, lifted my spirits a little. The McDonagh family is one of a few huge 'travelling' families north and south Ireland. (I inverted those commas around travelling, as most of the ones here in the north demand housing, some of which get trashed, and then they demand another. But all of which they claim benefits for these homes. A number of years ago they claimed it was against their lifestyle to give an address for their benefits (!!!!) as they were travellers and as such did not have a permanent address).

I have dealt with a number of McDonaghs when I was in retail, and have to say, they paid and were respectful, but I was wary I have to admit.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2018, 21:33   #14
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

There are two types of traveller. We've had dealings with both over the years. Tinkers are the ones who have no respect for the area they are in, leave the place a cross between an open sewer and rubbish dump and create all the trouble. Proper Gypsies are a totally different kettle of fish, no noise, no trouble and when they left they cleaned up around the vans and you'd never have known they'd been there.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2018, 22:20   #15
Dansrockin
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT number 1 of 25 celestial!!

I agree, there are two types of travellers, there are the proper ones who keep themselves to themselves, don't outstay their welcome, leave an area the way they found it, and generally try to keep out of the limelight. Then there are the ones that we always seem to get round here. Dirty, thieving scum who have absolutely no care for anyone or anything that isn't theirs. Last week there were reports of traveller kids threatening little kids with knives in the local park, dog walkers being threatened with guns, and the dogs being forceably taken, cars bring broken into, toilet waste being dumped on the roadside, numerous fences being broken down and burnt, fights breaking out in the local pub, shoplifting, and numerous car accidents involving uninsured vans. The kids that shot at my daughter today matched the description of the ones that were in the park last week with knives.
However, because they're on private land, there's nothing that can be done. The landowner has been threatened in the past when he tried to move them on, so now whenever they turn up he has nothing to do with it. The police just don't seem interested. I waited 7 hours tonight after reporting the shooting incident, before getting told that they probably wouldn't get to us tonight as they've been very busy! I've now got to go to the station in the morning with my daughter to make a statement. If shooting at two 14 year old girls isn't a priority, then the law in this country really has gone up the spout! Considering the gun and knife issues that other parts of the country are having at the minute, you'd think that violent armed crime would be something the police would be pretty hot on at the minute, but because they're travellers, they seem to be outside the law. I wonder if I got hold of a shotgun and went over to the camp and let rip tonight, how long it would be before I was arrested!
Dansrockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2018, 22:45   #16
P-Nut
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
How about a nice cocktail?

As the Russians are hosting the world cup, a Molotov should fit the bill
My oldest brother once had his car attract the attention of traveler kids, he told them to f off, of course they threatened him with a gun and with my brother not being the most mild tempered person told him if they didn't leave that night he'd be burning them down in their sleep with such a cocktail.

Amazingly it worked! However it wasn't really the best idea, although I wouldn't have put it past my brother to do such a thing, he did once burn his own house down because he thought his girlfriend was in there with another man! Thankfully the house was empty.

Yeah not a great person my brother... he was once on Trisha and that's not a lie.
Old 1st July 2018, 23:40   #17
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorgte View Post
Now of course I’m going to be called a racist for picking on a minority group.
There's only one race.

The Human Race.

So for anyone to call you racist would suggest that they are apparently not human, which to me sounds pretty ironic.
Old 2nd July 2018, 01:06   #18
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Dan.
ask the police again to look into it, if not then say you want to make an official complaint that the police force is not doing its civil duty to protect you the public.

Remember they are employed by you and me, the same as any civil person.

The duties of a police officer, also known as a law enforcement officer, focus on protecting people and property. They patrol the areas they are assigned, which sometimes include entire jurisdictions, respond to calls, enforce laws, make arrests, issue citations, and occasionally testify in court cases.

A policeman is responsible for maintaining public safety and security by enforcing the law. Officers patrol the streets in cars, respond to 911 calls, track down criminals, arrest offenders, and direct traffic, among other duties. Training is acquired through a police academy.

As a police officer you'll work in partnership with the communities you serve to maintain law and order, protect members of the public and their property, prevent crime, reduce the fear of crime and improve the quality of life for all citizens.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2018, 09:07   #19
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
The duties of a police officer, also known as a law enforcement officer, - - - -
Officers patrol the streets in cars, respond to 911 calls, track down criminals, arrest offenders, and direct traffic, among other duties. Training is acquired through a police academy. - - -

If only ours did that.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2018, 09:20   #20
Dansrockin
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT number 1 of 25 celestial!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
If only ours did that.

TC
I did think similar myself! Having spoken to the police this morning, it seems they are just as frustrated at not being able to do anything. The person we spoke to said he was old school and back in the 70s and 80s the way travellers were dealt with was they'd turn up at a camp in big numbers with dog units and a magistrate, surround the camp and sieze all the caravans and vehicles, and then any reported crimes against them would be put infront of the magistrate there and then, with appropriate fines given out, to be paid on the spot or their property was taken away. He said it's surprising how many of them had that amount of cash to pay up there and then and they didn't argue. He said he'd love it to get back to how it was because there's be much less trouble as they knew they couldn't get away with it.
Dansrockin is offline   Reply With Quote